By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you grew up in the 90s....

Boutros said:

And btw I have never heard of the beanie babies so I guess that does not define the 90s all that well.

You were born in 1991 or 92. You weren't even in kindergarten when beanie babies was a 6 Billion dollar company that happened almost overnight and drove people out of their minds. 

You're talking about a show that came out on the cusp of the millennium and talking about it like it was so long ago.

You can't be nostlagic about the 90's if you don't know what a beanie baby is.

Around the Network

You know what I'm tired of hearing? People complain about how music has been going to shit... for the past 20  years I've really been into music. Music is just as good (and better in many regards) than it ever has been, you just need to know where to look.

The 70s had shitty music. The 80s had shitty music. The 90s had LOADS of shitty music. Ditto for the 2000s. On the other hand, they all produced fantastic music as well as the awful stuff.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Boutros said:

And btw I have never heard of the beanie babies so I guess that does not define the 90s all that well.

Then you weren't really there. Saying you know about the 90s but not Beanie Babies is like saying you know about the 80s but have never heard of Cabbage Patch dolls.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

dtewi said:

*feels ashamed for being born in 1995*

It's ok dtewi. It's not your fault for being born in the most culturally deprived decade of all time.

rocketpig said:
Boutros said:

Then you weren't really there. Saying you know about the 90s but not Beanie Babies is like saying you know about the 80s but have never heard of Cabbage Patch dolls.

exactly.

thank you.

or tickle me elmo.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Boutros said:

You were born in 1991 or 92. You weren't even in kindergarten when beanie babies was a 6 Billion dollar company that happened almost overnight and drove people out of their minds. 

You're talking about a show that came out on the cusp of the millennium and talking about it like it was so long ago.

Or maybe beanie babies were not popular in Canada?

No one knows of beanie babies here.

Whilst Pokémon was worldwide.

Boutros said:
theprof00 said:
Boutros said:

Ask your parents what a beanie baby is, not people you know who are your age..

...teenagers....

Arethe Trolls the 80's or 90's I cant recall I just know my cousin had a billlion of those freaky things

theprof00 said:
Boutros said:
theprof00 said:
Boutros said:

Ask your parents what a beanie baby is, not people you know who are your age..

I looked on wikipedia and beanie babies were made by Ty. That's why I didn't know of beanie babies. The way I call them is simply Ty and not beanie babies.

I have a lot of Ty stuffed animals.

Games4Fun said:

Arethe Trolls the 80's or 90's I cant recall I just know my cousin had a billlion of those freaky things

troll dolls were briefly popular in both the 80s and 90s if I recall correctly.