By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you grew up in the 90s....

darthdevidem01 said:
Joel12345 said:

Does anybody remember,toonami on Cartoon network or cat and dog?

ED, EDD N EDDY!

You know it!

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Joel12345 said:

ED, EDD N EDDY!

um...you don't belong here.

trunkswd said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
trunkswd said:

Ah yes the 90s a time when kid cartoons were really inapropriate, but we were to young to realize that. Just go watch Rockos Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy and see the madness they are. It was also a decade where for me music got worse and worse every year and it hasn't really improved.

Blashphemy!!!! You obviously werent around for the early to mid 90's music scene then or listened to anything that came out of it (1990-1997) I mean first of all it blew away everything from the previous decade (the 80's was terrible) and second of all how can you say that when the 90's produced artists like Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Radio Head, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden,Tupac,  Stone Temple Pilots, Nine Inch Nails (when they got big) Red Hot Chili Peppers (when they hit their musical peak imo), Tool, Silverchair, Bush X, Korn, Wu Tang Clan, Notorious B.I.G, Blind Melon, Oasis, Live, ect. I mean sure music has gone to shit over the last 10 years but dont drag the 90's into it :P

I prefer music from the 80's and 70's, but I do agree that music from the past decade is even worse than the 90's which did have some bright spots. I am a huge old school hard rock and metal fan and the 90s was really the beginning of the end for those genres. Todays metal bands are no where near as good as it once was, though some of the old bands are still releasing classic albums ie. Metallica's Death Magnetic and Iron Maiden's Brave New World. System of a Down, Disturbed, Poets of the Fall, and Linkin Park are the only bands of the past decade I was ever able to get into.

For me the 90s started out great with Metallica's Black Album, Iron Maiden's Fear of the Dark and Guns N Roses Use Your Illusion, but for me it went downhill after that. I couldn't get into grunge but I did respect them for what they did and I can't stand rap/hip hop. The only bands that started in the 90s I was ever able to get into were Rammstein which I still listen to, Korn who haven't been good in 10 years, Iced Earth, and a few others I can' think of right now.

My favorite bands are from the 80's and 70's. Metallica, Iron Maiden, Bruce Springsteen, Queen, The Who, Dio, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Fleetwood Mac, Guns N Roses, Meat Loaf, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Judas Priest, etc.

I guess to each his own then. At the same time "real " metal bands were few and far between in the 80's in a sense because the majority of it in the latter years of the 80's was that hair metal crap (thank god Nirvana came when they did). The actual good metal bands still managed to have careeers through the 90's though (minus the break ups).

Most of the bands you listed are pretty good ( not fond of Springsteen, Dio and Fleetwood Mac though)

I still have faith for "heavy rock", even though its a remix of an unreleased song (with new vocals) check out Soundgarden's new single "Black Rain" for their upcoming greatest hits album. The song keeps getting taken off youtube but I found one with a small number of views.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Joel12345 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Joel12345 said:

ED, EDD N EDDY!

You know it!

NO! EEE was 2001! ARRGGGHHH

This thread isn't if you were born in the 90s...

WE're talkin' 

Mighty Max, Superchunk, Tiny toons, The whole disney lineup on WB, animaniacs, Dennis the menace, Batman the animated series. Star trek the next generation

...ed edd and eddy.... yeah! Deathnote too! All right!

Damn 90s kids!

Now get off my lawn

theprof00 said:
Joel12345 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Joel12345 said:

ED, EDD N EDDY!

You know it!

WE're talkin' 

Mighty Max, Superchunk, Tiny toons, The whole disney lineup on WB, animaniacs, Dennis the menace, Batman the animated series. Star trek the next generation

Damn 90s kids!

Now get off my lawn

grrr(insert curse word here)

how about....Dragon ball z??:P

Siss

Around the Network
Joel12345 said:
theprof00 said:
Joel12345 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Joel12345 said:

ED, EDD N EDDY!

You know it!

WE're talkin' 

Damn 90s kids!

Now get off my lawn

Siss

If we're talking dragon ball z that aired at 6 a,m. on saturday mornings on what was pre-WB network, then yes, if you're talking dragon ball z from cartoon network then no. 

DBZ stopped running 7 years ago. 7. That's like an 8th grader talking about a show he watched in 1st grade. OMG nostalgia!!!1!1111!  And fyi, dbz on cartoon network didn't happen until 2000.The DBZ at 6am on wb, was 4 years earlier in 1996.

Not to be a dick, but just wait til 10 years from now and people are like "hey guys do you remember dbz" and you'll be like "man, those were good times lawl", and then someone will pop up and go "yeah, and black butler!", and you'll be like..."no, just no."

theprof00 said:
Joel12345 said:
theprof00 said:
Joel12345 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Joel12345 said:

ED, EDD N EDDY!

You know it!

WE're talkin' 

Damn 90s kids!

Now get off my lawn

Siss

If we're talking dragon ball z that aired at 6 a,m. on saturday mornings on what was pre-WB network, then yes, if you're talking dragon ball z from cartoon network then no. 

DBZ stopped running 7 years ago. 7. That's like an 8th grader talking about a show he watched in 1st grade. OMG nostalgia!!!1!1111!  And fyi, dbz on cartoon network didn't happen until 2000.The DBZ at 6am on wb, was 4 years earlier in 1996.

you took me seriously?I was playing around...I know that shit and that shit 

the 90's were Nirvana and all the other crap

Joel12345 said:
theprof00 said:
Joel12345 said:
theprof00 said:
Joel12345 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Joel12345 said:

ED, EDD N EDDY!

You know it!

WE're talkin' 

Damn 90s kids!

Now get off my lawn

Siss

you took me seriously?I was playing around...I know that shit and that shit 

the 90's were Nirvana and all the other crap

LOL I rage i ruse

This thread reminds me so much... of why I hated the 90s.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)