By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's Talk About Mass Effect 2 (General Thread) - Now For Sony Fans, Too

There isn't really a centralized Mass Effect 2 thread (I missed the boat on that one) but I've been playingn the damn game for nearly a month straight so Hell, I figure it still merits some discussion.

Quick guidelines:

1. This topic is about Mass Effect 2, but it's also okay to talk about the first game and speculate about the third.

2. MARK YOUR SPOILERS. There will be spoilers, but the least you can do is mark them.

3. If you come into this topic just to shit on the game, I hate you.

4. If you come into this topic just to whine about the game coming to PS3, I hate you.

It just won't be worth it, you guys.

That's basically all the guidelines you get; this is all the OP you get. This isnt' an Official Thread, it's just a discussion thread, or else I'd try to make it prettier.

Mass Effect 2 is awesome. It's arguably my favorite game to come out this year, and I say that as a certified Marioboy.

Let's talk about how much we like Mass Effect 2.

Around the Network

PS3 fans get ME2 in January 2011. Whats the point of making this thread now?

I admit that the whole "no news about Lair of the Shadow Broker" thing hurts.

It really hurt.

On the inside.

The Xbox Man said:

PS3 fans get ME2 in January 2011. Whats the point of making this thread now?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=114148

You missed the original, apparently. It's been going on for a couple of weeks.

Can I contribute nothing other than the fact that I really really want this game?

I started to play it on the 360, but it broke (can I whine about RROD? ) so I thought I would never play it (my PC sucks).

Now, I can finally play it.

I just dont know what they will do about the choices you could make on ME1. From what I have heard, the default Shepard on ME2 made really bad choices on 1.

Is that true?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network
marciosmg said:

Can I contribute nothing other than the fact that I really really want this game?

I started to play it on the 360, but it broke (can I whine about RROD? ) so I thought I would never play it (my PC sucks).

I just dont know what they will do about the choices you could make on ME1. From what I have heard, the default Shepard on ME2 made really bad choices on 1.

Is that true?

He made nothing but bad choices. The Council will be dead, Wrex will be dead, you won't have helped anyone, on and on and on.

We need word on how they're going to resolve that.

Khuutra said:
marciosmg said:

Is that true?

He made nothing but bad choices. The Council will be dead, Wrex will be dead, you won't have helped anyone, on and on and on.

Aw, man. I saved Wrex and the Council. What heartless souless individual would not have saved Wrex?

Also, what about the choice between 2 of your party members (ashley and some guy whose name I forgot - I saved her duh )

www.jamesvandermemes.com

I played both games on my PC and I think it's awesome that ps3 gamers get to play the second volume, however I think that given the one year delay between the two platforms, bioware needs to make an introduction and modify the second game so that it doesn't feel that you need to play the first to totally understand the game. Also the game should be sold at 50 or 40 bucks instead of 60 dollars, i mean the game will be one year old.

marciosmg said:
Khuutra said:

Aw, man. I saved Wrex and the Council. What heartless souless individual would not have saved Wrex?

Also, what about the choice between 2 of your party members (ashley and some guy whose name I forgot - I saved her duh )

That I don't know off-hand. It might depend on your gender.

I personally am one who believes games should stay exclusive because that differentiates the consoles. All the "more people that the better" nonsense is just stupid to me. Why don't you just wish for a one console market, so all the games come to it and "the more people the better"?

You know what...more people can play the game. It *was* called "buy a 360 or build a PC" since that was the initial market. We are all capable of doing that right? This game was out a year ago. If you saved $3/day, you could have a 360 in a little over 3 months, so don't even say "blah blah blah we all can't just afford something like that blah blah blah bills to pay yadda yadda yadda". If you think rationally for a second, then the "more the better" logic and saying you can't buy a 360 (but you have a PS3?) is just silly