By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's Talk About Mass Effect 2 (General Thread) - Now For Sony Fans, Too

Gilgamesh said:

Is there any point in playing ME2 if you haven't played ME1? I'm a bit of a story whore when theres a good one there.

Yeah, there's a point, but you should really play the first game first. Unless you plan to play on PS3, I guess, in which case they'll have options ot help you get caught up.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Gilgamesh said:

Is there any point in playing ME2 if you haven't played ME1? I'm a bit of a story whore when theres a good one there.

Yeah, there's a point, but you should really play the first game first. Unless you plan to play on PS3, I guess, in which case they'll have options ot help you get caught up.

Well if I have to play the first one then I guess I'll never be able to play Mass Effect.

Gilgamesh said:
Khuutra said:

Well if I have to play the first one then I guess I'll never be able to play Mass Effect.

That's... fine, I guess? Like I said: if you plan to play on PS3, they'll have a way for you to get caught up with the story without playing the first game.

Khuutra said:
Gilgamesh said:
Khuutra said:

That's... fine, I guess? Like I said: if you plan to play on PS3, they'll have a way for you to get caught up with the story without playing the first game.

Hmm? how?

Gilgamesh said:
Khuutra said:

Hmm? how?

Now you react - did you not read my post before?

It's not clear how. All we know is that EA and BioWare are taking measures to make sure that PS3 owners get a good Mass Effect experience.

Around the Network

wasnt there suppose to be some new dlc about liara and the shadow broker coming soon? any info on that?

Baddman said:

wasnt there suppose to be some new dlc about liara and the shadow broker coming soon? any info on that?

Except that it's eventually coming? No, unfortunately.

This is coming from someone who already owns and played the first two Mass Effect games on both the 360 and PC, but I'm hoping that the PS3 version offers something unique and extra, so that an ME fan like me has another reason to triple dip.  Whether it be an interesting abridged version of ME 1 that lets you make some of the first game's major decisions without playing the whole first game, or an altered beginning of ME2 for the PS3, or whatever, I'm hoping that Bioware will give me a reason to buy it for my PS3, even though I already have the 360 and PC versions.

In other words, Bioware should not only target PS3-only owners as the potential buyers of ME2 PS3 version, but current ME fans as well.  Ideally, the PS3 version of ME2 should provide a PS3 player with a similar experience to what you can get on the 360 and PC (in terms of content), but different enough so that players who have played ME 1 and 2 on 360 and/or PC go, "Hey, I think I'll give this PS3 version a try."

So I've bought every piece of Mass Effect DLC. including Overlord...Ima have some fun

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Khuutra said:
marciosmg said:

Can I contribute nothing other than the fact that I really really want this game?

I started to play it on the 360, but it broke (can I whine about RROD? ) so I thought I would never play it (my PC sucks).

Now, I can finally play it.

I just dont know what they will do about the choices you could make on ME1. From what I have heard, the default Shepard on ME2 made really bad choices on 1.

Is that true?

He made nothing but bad choices. The Council will be dead, Wrex will be dead, you won't have helped anyone, on and on and on.

We need word on how they're going to resolve that.

I can sympathize with him over not saving council but come on not saving Wrex and Rachni ? And since i played without my save games i started to call the Bioware Shephard as captain asshole ;)

But Bioware said that they will add proper introduction (probably they will put short movie like cut scene allowing you to make few key choices).

If someone doesn't belive such introduction can be done perfectly for people who didn't play previous games look at Yakuza 3.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB