By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's Talk About Mass Effect 2 (General Thread) - Now For Sony Fans, Too

Zlejedi said:
Khuutra said:

He made nothing but bad choices. The Council will be dead, Wrex will be dead, you won't have helped anyone, on and on and on.

We need word on how they're going to resolve that.

I can sympathize with him over not saving council but come on not saving Wrex and Rachni ? And since i played without my save games i started to call the Bioware Shephard as captain asshole ;)

But Bioware said that they will add proper introduction (probably they will put short movie like cut scene allowing you to make few key choices).

If someone doesn't belive such introduction can be done perfectly for people who didn't play previous games look at Yakuza 3.

How did Yakuza 3 do it?

Around the Network

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEZQsP2WaH8

Should be very easy for ME1. Just add few alternative sequences for rachni, wrex, kaidan/asley, ashley/liara etc.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEZQsP2WaH8

Should be very easy for ME1. Just add few alternative sequences for rachni, wrex, kaidan/asley, ashley/liara etc.

Hm. I suppose that might work, though I'm not sure that's how tey'll end up doing it.

We'll se in about five months, in either case.

Lair of the Shadow Broker news, errybody!

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/129/index/4546420/1

Okay it breaks down like this:

It releases on Sept. 7th for 800 points.

Purportedly much bigger than Overlord and the rest, the pack includes the adventure, some new research (new weapons or upgrades, I guess?), the Shadow Broker intel center (I have no idea), and the option to continue your relationship with Liara if you went down that path in the first game.

First four screenshots here are new Lair of the Shadow Broker screens:

http://masseffect.bioware.com/media/screenshots/

Apparently there are also five new achievements for us achievement monkeys. That's a pretty good chunk!

I appreciate your enthusiasm for ME2, Khuutra.  It appears that you love it almost as much as I do.  ;)

I haven't bought any of the DLC yet, as I'm waiting to see if they'll pull a Dragon Age and run a sale on the previous stuff the week this new content is released.  Here's hopin'!

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm for ME2, Khuutra.  It appears that you love it almost as much as I do.  ;)

I haven't bought any of the DLC yet, as I'm waiting to see if they'll pull a Dragon Age and run a sale on the previous stuff the week this new content is released.  Here's hopin'!

Damn, man, I thought you was gone forever.

You'll find out whether or not they have a sale in about two weeks. Yeah, it'd b nice.

If you have to pick only one, though, grab Overlord (and LotSB). No new weapons or characters like Kasumi's mission, but it's a much better adventure.

In general, I really enjoyed the missions in Overlord.  While I enjoyed the Kasumi DLC, I wish that there were two missions (a recruitment mission, as well as her loyalty mission) instead of just her loyalty mission, especially since it wasn't free like Zaeed's.  I'm definitely looking forward to the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC (my female Shepard had a relationship with Liara in the first game), so it's nice that Bioware is going to let you expand on that relationship.

Even though I've played ME and ME 2 numerous times, I'm really excited for the PS3 version of ME 2, largely because I'm interested in seeing how they incorporate the prologue/introduction to compensate for no ME 1 (and it will be a good opportunity to create another Shepard without having to play ME 1 again).

Khuutra said:

Damn, man, I thought you was gone forever.

I still poke my head in from time to time, though I was entirely absent for about a year.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

@arcelonious:

I'll be renting the PS3 version of ME2, bare minimum, just to see how they handle the intro. That should be pretty sweet.

@GooseGaws:

Eh, I feeel you. Sometimes one just has to get away from it all.

Also, interesting point of fact here is that Liara's character model has received a serious overhaul for this DLC, looking a lot more like she did in ME1 (though of course she's still a lot paler):

Khuutra said:

@arcelonious:

I'll be renting the PS3 version of ME2, bare minimum, just to see how they handle the intro. That should be pretty sweet.

@GooseGaws:

Eh, I feeel you. Sometimes one just has to get away from it all.

Also, interesting point of fact here is that Liara's character model has received a serious overhaul for this DLC, looking a lot more like she did in ME1 (though of course she's still a lot paler):

*drools at pics*

This game looks awesome!!1 January cant come soon enough!

www.jamesvandermemes.com