By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart, 14th August 2010

arcane_chaos said:

i'm not a GT fan but to those doubting/worrying about GT5 I will just give two games:

1) Uncharted 2

2) Heavy Rain

both of these games had some sketchy pre-order numbers and look how well they did, to my knowledge I haven't seen or know of any GT5 advertising(other than announcements) and yet the pre-orders are over 100K. with GT5P already nearing or at 5mil I don't see any reason to worry, and I hope we are not assuming that if GT5 doesn't hit 10=flop.(though it would break some hearts...lol)

like I said in another thread; GT is sony's greatest flagship series so:

1) there will be ALOT of advertising

2) will most likely be heavily bundled 

3) will definitely prosper from the holiday season(added this in)

4) this game will definitely be a greatest hit(or the equivalent to that over seas) so it will help pre-long sales

on another note: COME ON GOLDEN SUN!!! I WANT A RELEASE DATE!!!

Sony don't have the huge install base they once had.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Clearly this is wrong... after all its only quite recently that people told me Halo had "peaked" with Halo3 and was in decline following the poor sales of ODST (5.5m !!! for a limited campaign??)  and Wars (best selling console RTS)

Halo is massive.

It will continue to grow and be one of the biggest franchise of all time.

Eh, the game hasn't even come out yet, we can't say it's already bigger than Halo 3. I mean, at this rate, Black Ops' pre-orders will be higher than MW2's (if you total PS3 and 360), and I highly doubt the game will be as big.

I do think Reach will be massive, but topping MW2 is probably impossible, particularly because Halo hasn't done so well outside of America. Sales will be interesting to watch, anyway...

CGI-Quality said:

What does that have to do with anything? God of War & MGS have already proven that doesn't matter.

ya but those are the "hardcore" titles. All fans of those titles have decided to purchase to the PS3 and so they were able to sell well. GT5 is a game that reached it sales mostly from nongamers, who are less likely to have bought a ps3. Similar to GTA4, and how with the larger casual audience mario kart will managed to sell twice the gamecube game yet SSBB sold an almost identical amount. With core audience it doesn't matter but for other games it does.

c0rd said:
kowenicki said:

Clearly this is wrong... after all its only quite recently that people told me Halo had "peaked" with Halo3 and was in decline following the poor sales of ODST (5.5m !!! for a limited campaign??)  and Wars (best selling console RTS)

Halo is massive.

Eh, the game hasn't even come out yet, we can't say it's already bigger than Halo 3. I mean, at this rate, Black Ops' pre-orders will be higher than MW2's (if you total PS3 and 360), and I highly doubt the game will be as big.

I do think Reach will be massive, but topping MW2 is probably impossible, particularly because Halo hasn't done so well outside of America. Sales will be interesting to watch, anyway...

It's not done MW2 well, but it's the highest selling exclusive on 360, and higher than any PS3 exclusive in Others, so far this gen, so I think it's sales can grow there.

Seece said:
c0rd said:
kowenicki said:

Halo is massive.

It's not done MW2 well, but it's the highest selling exclusive on 360, and higher than any PS3 exclusive in Others, so far this gen, so I think it's sales can grow there.

All will change in NOVEMBER lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Seece said:
c0rd said:
kowenicki said:

Halo is massive.

Yeah, but with 3 years on the market, it's still an impressive feat for Halo, and proves it's not weak in Europe/Others.

Seece said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Seece said:
c0rd said:
kowenicki said:

Halo is massive.

Yeah, but with 3 years on the market, it's still an impressive feat for Halo, and proves it's not weak in Europe/Others.

Yup definitely. And at least in UK Halo is Massive, ODST seemed more hyped in our school than even MW2 actually.

I dunno if MW2 did more than Halo 3 in the end in the UK.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

So GT5 pre-orders are so low because of lack of advertising.  Funny I cant recall seeing a bunch of advertising for other games that are getting more pre-orders week over week then GT5.

I think it is other reasons and the primary reason is that this gen it isnt a big deal to see hyper realistic and plain beautiful car models any more. 

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Seece said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Seece said:
c0rd said:

Oh, when I say Halo is weak (or at least, not great) in Others, I mean in comparison to its sales in America / MW2 sales, of course, not compared to lesser games.

It's not unlike NSMB Wii's EMEAA sales, even though it has already outsold most games this gen there, it hasn't been the Wii savior like it was in JP/America, and is already being outsold by NSMB DS.

I think Halo Reach Pre-orders will hit 1,700,000 on the day of launch. Most people pre-order the week before launch due to the fact that CoD, AC, and MoH is also coming out this year. Also, i forgot to mention New Vegas.

I am one of the 1 million that pre-ordered Halo: Reach...Are you?

I think fightning over which console is better is stupid, they are both good consoles with some ups and downs.