By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart, 14th August 2010

^ forgot to comment on the quote... good call mate, had a chuckle.

Around the Network

I could be wrong but I feel a couple other factors are in play for the underperforming GT5 preorder figures. 

First, the US economy is in the crapper compared to what it looked like when GT4 launched and the GT series did not have any real competition at that point (Forza was not really established). 

Second, I believe there was much more market penetration for the PS2 at that time compared to the current level of the PS3. 

Lastly, the genre has died down alot since the days of GT4 (its a genre that just doesn't seem to offer alot of excitement to the newer generation of gamers).

GT5 will sell, but not like it hyped to be.

Poor poor GT5, although the US was never the series main region. Also, I have a feeling Sony will be bundling due to the fact that they haven't done a pricecut 2 years in a row yet. I heard some rumors that God of War III was going to start being bundled with a 160GB...Any truth to that?

Hide your kids, hide your wife

TauKappaNASA said:

Poor poor GT5, although the US was never the series main region. Also, I have a feeling Sony will be bundling due to the fact that they haven't done a pricecut 2 years in a row yet. I heard some rumors that God of War III was going to start being bundled with a 160GB...Any truth to that?

Last year Ps3 Slim Price Cut.

Around the Network

LBP2 in the top 20 next week !

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

271 more sales for GS:DD!

Dang, Halo Reach is doing work. Really Glad that 4 of 5 is on xbox 360.

I am one of the 1 million that pre-ordered Halo: Reach...Are you?

I think fightning over which console is better is stupid, they are both good consoles with some ups and downs.

That's what i'm saying. I dont think they will do a price cut last year because they did one last year. Why i'm leaning towards bundles galore.

iHuGi said:
TauKappaNASA said:

Last year Ps3 Slim Price Cut.

That's what i'm saying. I dont think they will do a price cut last year because they did one last year. Why i'm leaning towards bundles galore.