By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

theprof00 said:

ah ok i thought he was being blocked from lynching lol.

Why don't we all vote no-lynch? Is there a chance we can get someone today?

just a humorous note, patapon suggested that we lynch everyone in order one by one until only he was left. Now, as a townie, that wouldn't make sense because if the townies lose too many people, they can't win, and using that method we can't deduce anyone's affiliation, and leaves the chance of there being a mafia in the final 3.5 people.

The only way to win as the SK is to be the last one left standing right?

And he chose people to die according to an assigned number, right? A serial number if you will...

:P

Patapon was being... well... patapon.

Yes, there's a slim chance we lynch scum on any day. This games' first day had been quite eventful compared to other games. Right now we're just determing who is acting most suspiciously and qualify for a lynching.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

One final question:
On the graph, it shows who voted for what, correct?

So, the mafia get their own votes which are ignored by the mod, but placed in the graph correct, as well as the SK who votes too?

That seems to be a lot of information. We can easily deduce who is non-town by figuring out what the majority vote needed would be versus the number of actual votes.

So, as a plan to discover other townies, I say we pick 8 random people to all vote for one person, and tell all townies not to vote to lynch that person. In that way we would have an exact list of 8 people, the majority, and if the person is not lynched, then the is at least one mafia member in the group, right? Then we can do this again using a cross-section of the previous group and the other townies, and cross-section our way to making the pool smaller and smaller.

Does a strategy like that work, or does it work in a way that if there is no majority, then the highest number of votes gets lynched?

theprof00 said:

One final question:

So, the mafia get their own votes which are ignored by the mod, but placed in the graph correct, as well as the SK who votes too?

That seems to be a lot of information. We can easily deduce who is non-town by figuring out what the majority vote needed would be versus the number of actual votes.

So, as a plan to discover other townies, I say we pick 8 random people to all vote for one person, and tell all townies not to vote to lynch that person. In that way we would have an exact list of 8 people, the majority, and if the person is not lynched, then the is at least one mafia member in the group, right? Then we can do this again using a cross-section of the previous group and the other townies, and cross-section our way to making the pool smaller and smaller.

Does a strategy like that work, or does it work in a way that if there is no majority, then the highest number of votes gets lynched?

Mafia votes count toward lynching.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Vote Count

4 out of 20 Players have voted.

All votes No Lynch (SM128, Final-fan, dtewi, j0)

7 more needed for majority

theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:

One final question:

Mafia votes count toward lynching.

aw shucks

Around the Network

Hephaestos said:
1) However, last game there was a vigilante, he unfortunately got unlucky, why would kratos be any better? once revealed, can't a mafia bus driver just use him to kill whoever he wants? Sometimes the most important battle, is the battle within... and there a known vigilante would be bad for the town from within...

2) Also, there is a big flaw.... if the sk came out and the doctor cured him....whould Hatmoza have the time to cure him or would he be already dead in the same night? that would be a fool's move, all they'd get would be but an open grave bearing their name.

I think the best option is to have hatmoza protected untill HE finds the SK... from his bold first day stunt, I see a strong will to fight in his eyes. This battle is not over yet, Hatmoza, you may still give the town an asset....otherwise, well we'll just seal his fate with a messatsu lynch (a nasty one).

Once he founds the SK , he just tells us he found him but not who it is, like that no risk of busdriving. In any case, that is my belief until later in the game.

The town can always try to influance the sk's descisions... he might be nice. The other game when i was it, i felt I hepled the town nicely in the day and only used the kills to balance the game (to not be alone vs3 sheeps or wolves wannabes), maybe he can be nice to the town... or at least balance the game if mafia takes a lead. In any case, whether we win or lose, it's an interesting turn of events for the first day of the game.

1:  No, I don't see how you came to the conclusion that a bus driver can control the SK/vig kills.  That could only happen if he announced (or we decided) who he was going after.  Simple solution:  don't do it. 

Besides which, I think it's extremely unlikely there is a mafia bus driver, notwithstanding the fact that there was one last game. 

2:  That is a risk, unless the doctor were to protect the SK instead.  I don't think the mafia would like to take that risk. 

But those were some good concerns. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Khuutra said:
theRepublic said:
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Natural_Action_Resolution
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Night_Choice

Oh you beautiful man.
Right here, prof.
Seems I may be wrong about the order. GoW3_ever may need to clarify on his intended order.

Well, kind of, but in another sense you were correct:  "Killing doesn't stop the actions of the dead player. (Imagine that all kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.)"

By these rules, the kill action "occurs" before the recruit action, but hatmoza's recruit action still gets to happen before all the dying actually takes place. 

For an analogy:  let's say theRepublic is the cop (since he was last game) and Khuutra is the deputy.  theRepublic investigates someone (Inspect is the very last action) and someone kills him the same night.  But since his action actually did get to go through, when Khuutra, being the deputy, inherits the cop's investigation results, he should also get the one from the night the cop died.  At least if the mod is going by this list. 
(I HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE THESE GUYS HAVE THESE ROLES; I AM NOT TRYING TO GET THEM KILLED.)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Vote: No lynch today.

Tease.

Vote Count

6 out of 20 Players have voted.

All votes No Lynch (SM128, Final-fan, dtewi, j0, Squilliam, Kantor)

5 more needed for majority

There is roughly 15 and a half hours of Day One left.

Edited : With the post below

Edit 2 : Damn.....how come the strike through thing doesn't work...is it something wrong with Chrome ???

Edit 3 : Haha suckers !!! I can edit all I want ! 

I'm suspicious of a couple of people, but then I'm just a suspicious person. We have very little to go on, so:

Vote: No Lynch.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective