By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

Kantor said:
Khuutra said:
theprof00 said:

So, if hatmoza's request for kratos came out worked, what would happen? Would someone then protect Kratos?

I'm trying to figure out what the point of his gesture was. I think hatmoza is a pretty smart guy, but not too smart, not khuutra smart. I think he's laying 2nd yomi down. But I think he was convincing enough to end up being protected in the end.

Can we protect ourselves? Or only prevent someone else from taking action?

Additionally, I think we should re-evaluate kantor as a possible SK. See, if he doesn't act, then he is randomly decided for, correct? If he doesn't act, and it doesn't seem like he will act since it looks like he's not reading the thread, he is virtually an SK. So, kantor is a liability, correct?

There are two possible solutions to this. Vote for him to be inactive, or lynch him. Inacting him may be a mistake because if he is not on, we may never get more information from him, or at least it may be too late. Lynching him would take out a questionable doubt down the road that might end up sparing the real SK. RIght?

HEY DOCTOR. REMEMBER TO PROTECT HATMOZA TONIGHT. Unless Kratos comes out.

As to Kantor: I don't think he's Kratos. He just doesn't give off that kind of vibe.

I think Kratos coming forward would be great, though. A fully public vigilante is better than none.

As I said in the above post, I'm not so sure about Hatmoza. He's acting remarkably suspicious. Would he really bank on the Doctor's protection, on the first day?

But I suppose Doc doesn't have any other leads to go on, so it's not a terrible idea. Of course, that could change between now and nightfall.

Ermm....

The doctor can protect anyone any day.

You do realize that hatmoza's role claim has pretty much guaranteed doctoral protection for him?

He's not in any danger. Honestly now, FoSing doesn't make much sense. Thinking he could role claim that so he won't get killed is a bit far-fetched.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Also, on the frontpage it says Final-fan and then next to it Kantor. Underneath it says supermario128 and then no action.

Can someone explain how that graph is set up? Did FF vote for Kantor? I don't understand. Why does sm128 have no action?

theprof00 said:
Khuutra said:
theprof00 said:

There's quite a few roles listed on the wiki page. What are the total number of roles in these games (the vgchartz ones)?

I don't think there are neough people here to fill every spot.

Generally roles are picked to fit the size of the game, rather than the other way around. This game probably has a lot of roles specifically tailored to fit God of War as a setting.

It's really impossible to develop any kind of strategy if we don't know what roles are being played right? I checked the swf that was linked and there are so many different ones, like miller, teh schizo, the commuter, bus driver. I feel like we need some kind og guideline here.

Everything's assumed a vanilla game at the start. As in, there's a cop, a doctor, mafia, and townies. Once we get means of death and role-claims, that's when we get to formulate the strategies.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

@Khuutra

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Natural_Action_Resolution

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Night_Choice

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theprof00 said:

Also, on the frontpage it says Final-fan and then next to it Kantor. Underneath it says supermario128 and then no action.

Can someone explain how that graph is set up? Did FF vote for Kantor? I don't understand. Why does sm128 have no action?

That graph is basically the person everyone votes for.

"No Lynch" means that someone doesn't want to kill anyone. If the majority of players reach no lynch, then the day is ended immediately. It's just to shorten a boring day. It's almost never used after day 1.

FF voted for Kantor. sm128 wanted there to be no lynch.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:
theprof00 said:
Khuutra said:
theprof00 said:

There's quite a few roles listed on the wiki page. What are the total number of roles in these games (the vgchartz ones)?

Generally roles are picked to fit the size of the game, rather than the other way around. This game probably has a lot of roles specifically tailored to fit God of War as a setting.

It's really impossible to develop any kind of strategy if we don't know what roles are being played right? I checked the swf that was linked and there are so many different ones, like miller, teh schizo, the commuter, bus driver. I feel like we need some kind og guideline here.

Everything's assumed a vanilla game at the start. As in, there's a cop, a doctor, mafia, and townies. Once we get means of death and role-claims, that's when we get to formulate the strategies.

Ah I see thanks.

Sooo, there are 20 players. According to the number of players on the swf, the ratio of mafia to town is 2:7, so there should be about 5 mafia and one SK right, as well as 14 town players, those being doctor,  cop and townies. Does that make sense?

If so, it's going to be hard to start singling out mafia members on the first day.

theRepublic said:

@Khuutra

Oh you beautiful man.

Right here, prof.

Seems I may be wrong about the order. GoW3_ever may need to clarify on his intended order.

theprof00 said:
dtewi said:
theprof00 said:
Khuutra said:
theprof00 said:

Ah I see thanks.

Sooo, there are 20 players. According to the number of players on the swf, the ratio of mafia to town is 2:7, so there should be about 5 mafia and one SK right, as well as 14 town players, those being doctor,  cop and townies. Does that make sense?

If so, it's going to be hard to start singling out mafia members on the first day.

Maybe 6 mafia and 13 townies since the SK can become a townie. 6 and 13 does seem rather unbalanced for us.

Yeah, I'd be comfortable assuming 5 mafia for the game. 

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Khuutra said:
theRepublic said:

@Khuutra

Oh you beautiful man.

Right here, prof.

Seems I may be wrong about the order. GoW3_ever may need to clarify on his intended order.

I see. thanks everyone.

dtewi said:
theprof00 said:

That graph is basically the person everyone votes for.

"No Lynch" means that someone doesn't want to kill anyone. If the majority of players reach no lynch, then the day is ended immediately. It's just to shorten a boring day. It's almost never used after day 1.

FF voted for Kantor. sm128 wanted there to be no lynch.

ah ok i thought he was being blocked from lynching lol.

Why don't we all vote no-lynch? Is there a chance we can get someone today?

just a humorous note, patapon suggested that we lynch everyone in order one by one until only he was left. Now, as a townie, that wouldn't make sense because if the townies lose too many people, they can't win, and using that method we can't deduce anyone's affiliation, and leaves the chance of there being a mafia in the final 3.5 people.

The only way to win as the SK is to be the last one left standing right?

And he chose people to die according to an assigned number, right? A serial number if you will...

:P