By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

I made the early mistake of ruminating on whether or not character alignments carry into the game.

I dismissed this assumption about one line later.

That's all the thought that needs to be devoted to that particular line.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
theRepublic said:

Ok, good.  I thought I was going completely crazy for a second.  So what the hell is up with this (emphasis mine):

Khuutra said:

I buy that. She's a big enough name in the series that fake-claiming her would be fairly perilous. She's probably not Mafia, since she was against Zeus (and if anybody is Mafia it's Zeus), though she was an independent role in the end.

Maybee I'm thinking that over too much. Possible that characters and roles are unrelated.

Anyway. I believe you enough to leave you be for now, barring someone coming up with a negative investigation.

Me failing to read the OP again.

Zeus is the antagonist for two thirds of the series.

I'm not sure this is entirely about you failing to read the OP.  I'm pro-town.  The way my PM is worded, it leads me to believe that I am on the side of Zeus.  I know you read your PM, because the first thing you said was you had your role.

I would like to hear if other players have similar thoughts about their role.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Khuutra said:
theRepublic said:

Ok, good.  I thought I was going completely crazy for a second.  So what the hell is up with this (emphasis mine):

Khuutra said:

I buy that. She's a big enough name in the series that fake-claiming her would be fairly perilous. She's probably not Mafia, since she was against Zeus (and if anybody is Mafia it's Zeus), though she was an independent role in the end.

Maybee I'm thinking that over too much. Possible that characters and roles are unrelated.

Anyway. I believe you enough to leave you be for now, barring someone coming up with a negative investigation.

I'm not sure this is entirely about you failing to read the OP.  I'm pro-town.  The way my PM is worded, it leads me to believe that I am on the side of Zeus.  I know you read your PM, because the first thing you said was you had your role.

I didnt get that feeling from mine.

Vetteman94 said:
theRepublic said:
Khuutra said:
theRepublic said:

Khuutra said:

I didnt get that feeling from mine.

Nor mine.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I don't think I'm a friend of Zeus, explicitly.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
TruckOSaurus said:
OMG! You're right! Bad Khuutra bad!
Kantor I want answers! Why did you feel you needed to change your statement?

I realised we hadn't started yet, and didn't want to start discussing the game.

FoS TruckOSaurus for prosecuting me so relentlessly.

Everything about that post rubs me the wrong way.  I flipped a coin between you and patapon and 

Vote Kantor

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Eh, my character isn't aligned with zeus, me thinks. In fact, I think the character is pretty neutral in terms of greek mythology.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Khuutra said:

I mean to say characters and ALIGNMENT may be unrelated. Since Kratos was the hero but is apparently a serial killer, here.

This has been bugging me since I first read it, but it's only now that I figured out why.  For my peace of mind, could you please explain the reasoning behind this train of thought again, Khuutra?

Hmm...

I guess I'll drop it then.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

1 out of 20 Players have voted so far -

1 - Vote Kantor

WARNING -

PATAPON, TRY TO TAKE THIS GAME A BIT MORE SERIOUSLY.

Timer : 45 hours of Day 1 left unless majority of players want the timer to be extended.