By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama throws support behind controversial Islamic Center

Go ahead Keith Olbermann! Spoken like a true New Yorker lol.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

I've gained more respect for him

-

deskpro2k3 said:

It is not a Mosque. Take a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJhF26Zch0g&feature=bulletin

I hope this video shut's up a lot of people, I doubt it will, but it break's my heart when my parents, my grandparents, my cousins and family friends are called terrorist because of the religion they chose to follow. I'm an atheist, but when any group is treated differently to others it makes my blood boil. Plenty of people in the last few threads should have been banned, but I guess calling the PS3 crap is considered more offensive than calling a whole group of people terrorists. 

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Doobie_wop said:

I hope this video shut's up a lot of people, I doubt it will, but it break's my heart when my parents, my grandparents, my cousins and family friends are called terrorist because of the religion they chose to follow. I'm an atheist, but when any group is treated differently to others it makes my blood boil. Plenty of people in the last few threads should have been banned, but I guess calling the PS3 crap is considered more offensive than calling a whole group of people terrorists. 

So what's the best way to increase religions tolerance towards Muslims? I tell you what the worst way is....

Build this thing near ground zero.

The people who should be the most pissed off about this, is members of your family.

It's like when that Christian leader said all the people in Hatti that are dying due to the earthquake are there fault because they made a deal with the devil all those years ago.

I am sure millions of Christians heard that and said "what the hell are you doing? You make us all look like fools!". Same with this thing.

Yes they have a right to build there. I would have hoped for the betterment of there faith, they would have chosen not to.

FYI: I am an atheist, so I have no vested interest in this either way. Just seems like a stupid thing to do.

TheRealMafoo said:

So what's the best way to increase religions tolerance towards Muslims? I tell you what the worst way is....

The people who should be the most pissed off about this, is members of your family.

It's like when that Christian leader said all the people in Hatti that are dying due to the earthquake are there fault because they made a deal with the devil all those years ago.

I am sure millions of Christians heard that and said "what the hell are you doing? You make us all look like fools!". Same with this thing.

Yes they have a right to build there. I would have hoped for the betterment of there faith, they would have chosen not to.

FYI: I am an atheist, so I have no vested interest in this either way. Just seems like a stupid thing to do.

Man I've really grown to dislike you as a person. You seem to be so close minded and right winged, if that's a term, its unbelievable. On top of that you appear to believe in the core values of America but you want to trounce on the Constitution for some petty issue like this Mosque that is over 400 FEET / 2 BLOCKS away from ground zero. You realize there are Japanese institutions in Pearl Harbor right?

How far away should it be? After all there is another Mosque 5 blocks away (80 feet further than this proposed new one) AND you cannot even see the site of the new mosque from ground zero... and it was almost 10 years ago! I'm more pissed that there is no new towers even being built yet.

I would think you'd want to support America's core values above anything else based on your previous stances.

Around the Network

I support Obama for doing it !

It was necesary, i hope the muslim community in the US take it as a "We dont hate you" as the rest of the presidents use to tell them.

You may find a mirror trying to find the other side of the world

superchunk said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Man I've really grown to dislike you as a person. You seem to be so close minded and right winged, if that's a term, its unbelievable. On top of that you appear to believe in the core values of America but you want to trounce on the Constitution for some petty issue like this Mosque that is over 400 FEET / 2 BLOCKS away from ground zero. You realize there are Japanese institutions in Pearl Harbor right?

How far away should it be? After all there is another Mosque 5 blocks away (80 feet further than this proposed new one) AND you cannot even see the site of the new mosque from ground zero... and it was almost 10 years ago! I'm more pissed that there is no new towers even being built yet.

I would think you'd want to support America's core values above anything else based on your previous stances.

Odd that you feel this way over this issue. Being I have the same opinion on it as Obama.

He said when he commented on the center, he was only talking about the legality of it (and we have the same opinion legally), he said he was not commenting on the wisdom of it. This was made in defense of his comments, meaning he must not think it's a very wise move (same as me).

Sorry you dislike Obama and I for having this view, but that's the way we see it.

TheRealMafoo said:

Odd that you feel this way over this issue. Being I have the same opinion on it as Obama.

He said when he commented on the center, he was only talking about the legality of it (and we have the same opinion legally), he said he was not commenting on the wisdom of it. This was made in defense of his comments, meaning he must not think it's a very wise move (same as me).

Sorry you dislike Obama and I for having this view, but that's the way we see it.

I think his latest comments and those by many politicians, are simply rhetoric due to the entire conflict as they don't want to appear being against the perceived majority.

The fact remains that the entire debate is pointless and a hoopla over what is in reality nothing but right-wing propoganda from Islamaphobia idiots who would rather shred the Constitution so they could rewrite it according to their own extremist points of view.

Just look at how it was originially sold to the masses as being 'on' or 'at' ground zero which is completely false. On top of that they continue to slander an Imam who is not even close to terrorist ideologies.

superchunk said:
Lostplanet22 said:
kaneada said:

I think its a great idea to build a Mosque near ground zero. I am certain in the thousands of people who died some of the people were Muslim and lets face facts we need to unify this country under the idea that we tolerate and accept the beliefs and way of life of others. Isn't that what America is supposed to be?

Wasn't America supposed to be an big supporter of freedom of speech but showed the world it is throwing it away? (Aka South Park episode) tolerance should come frome both sides not one;..otherwise you get situations like in Europe where people get beating, killed simply for giving some critic against the islam..;.

Just because one party is being ignorant and intolerant, we as Americans shouldn't throw our values out the window and stoop to their level. We should lead by example and continue to do what is right.

kaneada
Lostplanet22
superchunk

i couldn't have said it better if i said it myself

superchunk said:
TheRealMafoo said:

I think his latest comments and those by many politicians, are simply rhetoric due to the entire conflict as they don't want to appear being against the perceived majority.

The fact remains that the entire debate is pointless and a hoopla over what is in reality nothing but right-wing propoganda from Islamaphobia idiots who would rather shred the Constitution so they could rewrite it according to their own extremist points of view.

Just look at how it was originially sold to the masses as being 'on' or 'at' ground zero which is completely false. On top of that they continue to slander an Imam who is not even close to terrorist ideologies.

If it's just right wing propaganda hoopla that means nothing, who cares? Why should Obama be so weak minded if he really thinks building it is a good idea, only to please a few right wing nut jobs?

Your not making much sense.