By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dr. Laura says sorry for using N word on air

LOL^^

Personally, I've reached the point where the N-Word doesn't even phase me, anymore.  As a cop, someone brought in a recorded cell phone message where one white guy was threatening another white guy and they guy being threatened was repeatedly called N*****.  "If you're a real N*****, you'll face me like a man.", "We're gonna fuck you up, N****!", etc., etc., etc.  Didn't phase me at all.  This story didn't bother me, either.  In fact, it made me want to have sex with Dr. Laura.  Go figure.
*For the record, d21lewis is a black male.  Also, I felt the need to censor the N-Word but not the F-Word.  That's just crazy!*

Around the Network

my black friends don't say the n word to each other

but call us honkys the n word

Spagoodle said:
leo-j said:

Well whites are called cracker all the time, and nobody says anything about that..

Ha. Can you really compare the two?

*awesome video*

Laughed my ass off!

When making a single point, don't number it, it just looks weird.

Anyway, can you explain the comment in question?

Xbbjf9s said:

1. When the word is used between blacks, it's equal to the word "dude" not  meant to insult and it's said nigga not nigger..Dr. Laura needs to watch the Boondocks to know thw difference lol.

Why is it not ok for me to use that word, but my black friend can? It seems a bit hypocritical to me. If I said it I would be lectured for misusing a word in an insulting way, when that person can use it freely.

leo-j said:

Well whites are called cracker all the time, and nobody says anything about that..

We may disaree about Lady Gaga, but I completely agree with you on this, it's ridiculous that it is deemed acceptable for minorities to have racial slurs about white people, but it's considered an autrocity when a white person accidentally uses a derogatory racial slur.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network
Spagoodle said:
leo-j said:

Was totally thinking of that standup when he said that.

You're all fucking nintendos!

mM

The term has become so prevalant amongst blacks and white people when there aren't any black people around that its really lost all hateful meaning. However white people should have the common sense to not say it in public, its just asking for trouble.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Spagoodle said:
leo-j said:

The N word!

highwaystar101 said:

When making a single point, don't number it, it just looks weird.

Anyway, can you explain the comment in question?

Xbbjf9s said:

1. When the word is used between blacks, it's equal to the word "dude" not  meant to insult and it's said nigga not nigger..Dr. Laura needs to watch the Boondocks to know thw difference lol.

Why is it not ok for me to use that word, but my black friend can? It seems a bit hypocritical to me. If I said it I would be lectured for misusing a word in an insulting way, when that person can use it freely.

Did I say that? No. The woman Didn't like the word and the good Dr used it in a pointless matter....whene blacks say it balcks it isn't meant as an insult.