By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dr. Laura says sorry for using N word on air

Akvod said:
Xxain said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:

1. When the word is used between blacks, it's equal to the word "dude" not  meant to insult and it's said nigga not nigger..Dr. Laura needs to watch the Boondocks to know thw difference lol.

What a load of crap, it is either ok to say it or it isn't.  End of.

It'ss not crap, thats how the word is used between blacks so get you facts straight. I agree the word is bad in general never said that  only blacks can say it.

No, people are all equal.  That means a black man and a whit eman saying the same word is no different.

The WORD is either wrong to use or it isn't, it does not matter who says it.  Who says it has nothign to do with it.

and thats why your logic fails, everything you say after the bold is correct... asumming the actual bolded is correct which it isnt. you would be very naive to think the world and its ppl are truly equal.

The world is NOT equal.... not even close

What a vague and preachy statement.

Fine, people are equal in terms of their human nature and inner potential?

of course.. but in the biggest picture, it doesnt play in very well 

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xxain said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:

1. When the word is used between blacks, it's equal to the word "dude" not  meant to insult and it's said nigga not nigger..Dr. Laura needs to watch the Boondocks to know thw difference lol.

It'ss not crap, thats how the word is used between blacks so get you facts straight. I agree the word is bad in general never said that  only blacks can say it.

No, people are all equal.  That means a black man and a whit eman saying the same word is no different.

The WORD is either wrong to use or it isn't, it does not matter who says it.  Who says it has nothign to do with it.

and thats why your logic fails, everything you say after the bold is correct... asumming the actual bolded is correct which it isnt. you would be very naive to think the world and its ppl are truly equal.

*sips coffee*

Kay, but you still can't deny that you're either imposing a double standard, or following the illogical argument I laid out earlier.

Xxain said:
Severance said:
chapset said:

was the ''N'' word nintendo??

Nigga Stole my joke....!

I have to say...u might be the biggest spammesr on this site. I rarely ever you contribute to any thread outside your lame one liners, or your bazillion threads that are absolutely pointless.

contribute or get out.

Read my other post before you can cry some more.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Akvod said:
Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xxain said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:

*sips coffee*

Kay, but you still can't deny that you're either imposing a double standard, or following the illogical argument I laid out earlier.

double standard?

Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xxain said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:

*sips coffee*

double standard?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_standard

The term double standard, coined in 1912,[1] refers to any set of principles containing different provisions for one group of people than for another, typically without a good reason for having said difference.[2] A double standard may take the form of an instance in which certain applications (often of a word or phrase) are perceived as acceptable to be used by one group of people, but are considered unacceptable—taboo—when used by another group.

Hence why KylieDog was bringing the point that we all humans.

Around the Network
Akvod said:
Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xxain said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:

*sips coffee*

double standard?

The term double standard, coined in 1912,[1] refers to any set of principles containing different provisions for one group of people than for another, typically without a good reason for having said difference.[2] A double standard may take the form of an instance in which certain applications (often of a word or phrase) are perceived as acceptable to be used by one group of people, but are considered unacceptable—taboo—when used by another group.

I aliitle lost at your point vs mine? what exactly are dabting agaisnt.

KylieDog said:
Xxain said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:

You think whites are better then?  Or maybe blacks are better?   That is racist thinking.

your just twistng my words. we are equal in the fatc that w are all humans.. but not in life.

Color

religion

sexual preferances

Things like this dictate how we are treated in society, it not about being better or worse because noone is better than the other at the core, but layers like the ones above sepertate us.

I am not arguing for or against this thread only laying the reality out why its like this. its wrong? of course it is but it just the way it is.

Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xxain said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:

*sips coffee*

double standard?

I aliitle lost at your point vs mine? what exactly are dabting agaisnt.

I don't know. Why don't you tell me what exactly you're dabting for?

Akvod said:

Well yeah it's a double standard, but there's a good reason for it with centuries of linguistic baggage.

And white people don't really have anything to gain by using the word.  It's like women saying "hey why can't I piss in a urinal?!??"  The answer is "you don't have a penis."  This is the same issue (even though some women do it anyway).  There's just no reason to argue it because there's nothing to win.

Honestly, the word is much better off now than it was 50 or 100 years ago.  Now you can actually say "nigger" in a book without it getting banned.  You just can't pull a Michael Richards and repeatedly scream it into a microphone at a group of blacks.  I mean, it's perfectly legal, but not too smart.

It's like... Marty McFly can call himself chicken, but I fucking DARE you to call him a chicken.  There's no reason to call him a chicken unless you WANT what's going to happen afterwards.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Akvod said:

Well yeah it's a double standard, but there's a good reason for it with centuries of linguistic baggage.

And white people don't really have anything to gain by using the word.  It's like women saying "hey why can't I piss in a urinal?!??"  The answer is "you don't have a penis."  This is the same issue (even though some women do it anyway).  There's just no reason to argue it because there's nothing to win.

Honestly, the word is much better off now than it was 50 or 100 years ago.  Now you can actually say "nigger" in a book without it getting banned.  You just can't pull a Michael Richards and repeatedly scream it into a microphone at a group of blacks.  I mean, it's perfectly legal, but not too smart.

It's like... Marty McFly can call himself chicken, but I fucking DARE you to call him a chicken.  There's no reason to call him a chicken unless you WANT what's going to happen afterwards.

Thank you Rubang! are views are basically the same your just doing a better job at putting it togheter

its the unspoken law just leave it alone.