By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dr. Laura says sorry for using N word on air

Akvod said:
Xbbjf9s said:
highwaystar101 said:

When making a single point, don't number it, it just looks weird.

Anyway, can you explain the comment in question?

Xbbjf9s said:

1. When the word is used between blacks, it's equal to the word "dude" not  meant to insult and it's said nigga not nigger..Dr. Laura needs to watch the Boondocks to know thw difference lol.

Why is it not ok for me to use that word, but my black friend can? It seems a bit hypocritical to me. If I said it I would be lectured for misusing a word in an insulting way, when that person can use it freely.

Did I say that? No. The woman Didn't like the word and the good Dr used it in a pointless matter....whene blacks say it balcks it isn't meant as an insult.

I don't know if I'm misusing the word "fallacy", but here's how I see your argument:

1) The word 'nigger' can be used in a hateful or non-hateful context. It can be used as a derogatory term for black skinned people, or it can be used to refer to a companion.

2) If a black skinned person says it, it's always in the latter context. If a white skinned person says it, it's always in the former context.

I don't know what fallacy you call that, if it is a fallacy at all, but that's just plain  fucking retarded. That's not really an argument, but just really extreme statements of facts.

Oh, and enough of this fucking mythical status of the word 'nigger'. It can be a very ugly word, it can be a very hateful and painful word to hear. But so are many words, whether or not they are racist, sexist, etc. Sometimes, there may not even be a non-hateful context with some words. But even still, it shouldn't be to the fucking point that we just become paralyzed and become incapable of any mature discussion as if the word 'nigger'=Lord Voldemort. You guys are like the people who banned 'Adventures of Huckleberry Finn'.

once again..ignorance, you cant tell anybody else how there suppose to feel or react based on comments they feel are offensive. 

Around the Network
Severance said:
chapset said:

was the ''N'' word nintendo??

Nigga Stole my joke....!

I have to say...u might be the biggest spammesr on this site. I rarely ever you contribute to any thread outside your lame one liners, or your bazillion threads that are absolutely pointless.

contribute or get out.

Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xbbjf9s said:
highwaystar101 said:

Xbbjf9s said:

1. When the word is used between blacks, it's equal to the word "dude" not  meant to insult and it's said nigga not nigger..Dr. Laura needs to watch the Boondocks to know thw difference lol.

Why is it not ok for me to use that word, but my black friend can? It seems a bit hypocritical to me. If I said it I would be lectured for misusing a word in an insulting way, when that person can use it freely.

Did I say that? No. The woman Didn't like the word and the good Dr used it in a pointless matter....whene blacks say it balcks it isn't meant as an insult.

I don't know if I'm misusing the word "fallacy", but here's how I see your argument:

1) The word 'nigger' can be used in a hateful or non-hateful context. It can be used as a derogatory term for black skinned people, or it can be used to refer to a companion.

2) If a black skinned person says it, it's always in the latter context. If a white skinned person says it, it's always in the former context.

I don't know what fallacy you call that, if it is a fallacy at all, but that's just plain  fucking retarded. That's not really an argument, but just really extreme statements of facts.

Oh, and enough of this fucking mythical status of the word 'nigger'. It can be a very ugly word, it can be a very hateful and painful word to hear. But so are many words, whether or not they are racist, sexist, etc. Sometimes, there may not even be a non-hateful context with some words. But even still, it shouldn't be to the fucking point that we just become paralyzed and become incapable of any mature discussion as if the word 'nigger'=Lord Voldemort. You guys are like the people who banned 'Adventures of Huckleberry Finn'.

once again..ignorance, you cant tell anybody else how there suppose to feel or react based on comments they feel are offensive. 

? Did you understand my point. Regardless of if the word doesn't even have a non-hateful context, we shouldn't come to the point where we don't rationally think and process, but we just drop everything and close our ears.

I'm not telling people to feel offended or unoffended, but to not treat it as mythically as it is now. I see people literally look around, check, and whisper "that 'N' word". Should we stop discussing about the word 'Nigger' in Universities? Should we stop talking about the Holocaust since that's a painful memory for some people?

Should we all just continue on this human killing mindset of automatic reaction?

Akvod said:
Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xbbjf9s said:
highwaystar101 said:

Xbbjf9s said:

? Did you understand my point. Regardless of if the word doesn't even have a non-hateful context, we shouldn't come to the point where we don't rationally think and process, but we just drop everything and close our ears.

I'm not telling people to feel offended or unoffended, but to not treat it as mythically as it is now. I see people literally look around, check, and whisper "that 'N' word". Should we stop discussing about the word 'Nigger' in Universities? Should we stop talking about the Holocaust since that's a painful memory for some people?

Should we all just continue on this human killing mindset of automatic reaction?

my apologies... you would be correct then. I read that as when a racial sexes comment is made the victim shouldnt have the right be mad or uptight about it.

Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xbbjf9s said:
highwaystar101 said:

Xbbjf9s said:

my apologies... you would be correct then. I read that as when a racial sexes comment is made the victim shouldnt have the right be mad or uptight about it.

That's because you automatically assume things, without READING what I've said >.<

I FUCKING HATE automatic thinking. I FUCKING HATE "robotic" action. I fucking see it everywhere. TV, video games (fucking Bad Company 2), etc. It fucking pains me that we're blessed to be alive and to be given reason and people just fucking squander it.

I'll rather have kids not taught what's right and wrong, because currently our education, both in schools and in home, is just being told what's undeniable fact, what's tabboo, what's immoral and accepting it. I'm not asking for blind skepticism like you see with conspiracy theorists, but I'm asking to simply ask "Why?"

Why is 1 1=2?

Why is murder bad?

Why is sky blue?

The problem is, we're just asked to memorize addition tables, we're just given some readings by Locke and halfassed told "natural rights", we're taught about  light waves and scattering, etc.

I think what children need, is debate. And force them to debate positions they're not used to. Force them to think through another perspective. To create their own arguments. To think on their toes, etc.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:

What a load of crap, it is either ok to say it or it isn't.  End of.

It'ss not crap, thats how the word is used between blacks so get you facts straight. I agree the word is bad in general never said that  only blacks can say it.

No, people are all equal.  That means a black man and a whit eman saying the same word is no different.

The WORD is either wrong to use or it isn't, it does not matter who says it.  Who says it has nothign to do with it.

and thats why your logic fails, everything you say after the bold is correct... asumming the actual bolded is correct which it isnt. you would be very naive to think the world and its ppl are truly equal.

The world is NOT equal.... not even close

Akvod said:
Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xbbjf9s said:
highwaystar101 said:

Xbbjf9s said:

That's because you automatically assume things, without READING what I've said >.<

I FUCKING HATE automatic thinking. I FUCKING HATE "robotic" action. I fucking see it everywhere. TV, video games (fucking Bad Company 2), etc. It fucking pains me that we're blessed to be alive and to be given reason and people just fucking squander it.

I'll rather have kids not taught what's right and wrong, because currently our education, both in schools and in home, is just being told what's undeniable fact, what's tabboo, what's immoral and accepting it. I'm not asking for blind skepticism like you see with conspiracy theorists, but I'm asking to simply ask "Why?"

Why is 1 1=2?

Why is murder bad?

Why is sky blue?

The problem is, we're just asked to memorize addition tables, we're just given some readings by Locke and halfassed told "natural rights", we're taught about  light waves and scattering, etc.

I think what children need, is debate. And force them to debate positions they're not used to. Force them to think through another perspective. To create their own arguments. To think on their toes, etc.

dont have a hernia.

Xxain said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:

What a load of crap, it is either ok to say it or it isn't.  End of.

It'ss not crap, thats how the word is used between blacks so get you facts straight. I agree the word is bad in general never said that  only blacks can say it.

No, people are all equal.  That means a black man and a whit eman saying the same word is no different.

The WORD is either wrong to use or it isn't, it does not matter who says it.  Who says it has nothign to do with it.

and thats why your logic fails, everything you say after the bold is correct... asumming the actual bolded is correct which it isnt. you would be very naive to think the world and its ppl are truly equal.

The world is NOT equal.... not even close

What a vague and preachy statement.

Fine, people are equal in terms of their human nature and inner potential?

Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xxain said:
Akvod said:
Xbbjf9s said:
highwaystar101 said:

Xbbjf9s said:

Why is 1 1=2?

Why is murder bad?

Why is sky blue?

dont have a hernia.

Cool story brah

BOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !

Here is my point :

About nigger, black, or all these expression to call person that below to the "black" group (call it race or ethnny, I dont give a shit).

- first, they not only make referrence to the skin color but make referrence to physical and comportemental/culture attribute. That is why a black skinned indian will be called "indian" and not "black" or "nigger". An indian doesnt properly comes from Africa and has not been affected by slavery (etc ...)

- second, if SOME black people like to use the word "nigger" between them, it is because the same word DOESNT have the same connotations/impression associated with it. In clear, when a white says "nigger" it is perceived as negative, when a black says "nigger", it is perceived as positive. Of course, IN BOTH CASE, it is obvious case of racism since you associate physical/psychological behaviour to a group of person just because he is belowing to a "race" (black one here).

The negative idea associated with "nigger" are the usual "stupid monkey, no brain, half-men, half-beast, that do not know how to count and that are barely a part of history". Because it is strongly negative, it is clearly innapropriate to point out someone with this expression.

In the other case, the idea associate with "nigger" when it is used by a "black person" (who said an asshole rapper ?) are, somehow, different.
I would say it is something like "strong men that are the best for sports, dance, and sex with plenty of girl" (u know like in the commercial rap clip).

Of course, someone could point out that the second "interpretation", the less intellectual one, is, somehow, egual to the first one because, in both case it is "less brain, more muscle". That is true but you have to focus on the point that are underligned : first case "you are a no brain man that will fail at life" (negative), second case "you are a strong man that will own at life" (positive).

OF COURSE, if a "black person" has made study and doesnt fit the "nigger standard" anymore, then, you can be sure this person will NEVER use the word nigger anymore because she will mainly see the negative part.
There is a reason why our loved commercial rapper like to use it : they are a bunch of asshole !!!

And, now, ask yourself, what are the values that are promoted by our world right now :

Who is making tonne of money ? who is making the buzz ? scientist ? researcher ?

or superstar (sexstar ala paris hilton and her sex tape), sportman (basket, soccer, F1), singers (lady gaga), actor etc ...

We are in a very emotionnal world period where emotion (THAT ARE mainly NOT RELATED TO "LOVE"!!!) are dominant. As i have said being called a "nigger" between black person, is like being called a "beastman",
and, in our world, "beastman" = "BESTman"

my 2 cents about why nigger is banned and why "black person" still like to call themselve "nigger" ...

Final note : always remember that this is a very bad word to use and that tagging person because they will below to ethnical group is a VERY bad behaviour.
I advice everybody to ONLY use the word "black, white, asian" as a general referrence to the whole group/population. When you are referring to an individual person like 1 guy or 1 girl then use "black, white SKINNED" person. Then, you will only refer to 1 physical attribute to describe a person and u will avoid to put this person in a group associated with connotations (that are always connotation to group because genetic and culture DO exist meaning that the classical stereotype are STATISTICALLY true...no smoke without fire).
This way you will avoid yourself from tagging a person and allow her to behave/be like she wants to be independantly of her appartenance group.

Time to Work !