By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dr. Laura says sorry for using N word on air

KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:

1. When the word is used between blacks, it's equal to the word "dude" not  meant to insult and it's said nigga not nigger..Dr. Laura needs to watch the Boondocks to know thw difference lol.

What a load of crap, it is either ok to say it or it isn't.  End of.

It'ss not crap, thats how the word is used between blacks so get you facts straight. I agree the word is bad in general never said that  only blacks can say it.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

LOL^^

Personally, I've reached the point where the N-Word doesn't even phase me, anymore.  As a cop, someone brought in a recorded cell phone message where one white guy was threatening another white guy and they guy being threatened was repeatedly called N*****.  "If you're a real N*****, you'll face me like a man.", "We're gonna fuck you up, N****!", etc., etc., etc.  Didn't phase me at all.  This story didn't bother me, either.  In fact, it made me want to have sex with Dr. Laura.  Go figure.
*For the record, d21lewis is a black male.  Also, I felt the need to censor the N-Word but not the F-Word.  That's just crazy!*

lol, the word doesnt phase me at all since I have moved to TX I have gotten all types of looks and mutters of the word. What bothers me is that Dr. Laura seems to have a problem that this woman does not like it in her house, not everyone can brush it off and if they are in her house they nee d to repsect her wishes or gtfo.

KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:
KylieDog said:
Xbbjf9s said:

1. When the word is used between blacks, it's equal to the word "dude" not  meant to insult and it's said nigga not nigger..Dr. Laura needs to watch the Boondocks to know thw difference lol.

What a load of crap, it is either ok to say it or it isn't.  End of.

It'ss not crap, thats how the word is used between blacks so get you facts straight. I agree the word is bad in general never said that  only blacks can say it.

No, people are all equal.  That means a black man and a whit eman saying the same word is no different.

The WORD is either wrong to use or it isn't, it does not matter who says it.  Who says it has nothign to do with it.

i agree but the Dr tried to use that phrase against the woman which was really just wrong. I have come to the reality that this word will always be around so we just have to deal with it in the context it is used.I have been called the word several time, it used to get me mad but I realized that there is nothing I can do about it but let it go.

I have been of the opinion that "Dr." Laura is a complete quack for at least a decade now. She gives absolutely terrible advice and I don't think she's a doctor at all. The woman is an idiot and I don't understand why so many people give this bitch the time of day.

Now about this N-word thing... as a black man, I can honestly say that it's not in my vocabulary... I don't use it and most of my freinds don't use it.  This woman didn't want that word uttered in her house... She calls "the doctor" and she gets an earful about how some random black guy says it so she should be OK with it? What the fuck? What an idiot! HELLO!! NOT ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE THE SAME! Duh'!!

Around the Network

It's in an in-group vs. out-group thing.  If a group decides something's offensive... then it is.  You can't call a woman a bitch, but that didn't stop feminists from creating http://bitchmagazine.org/ .  Gays are doing the same thing now.  If you say "what are you a queer" you're being an asshole, but if you refer to "the Queer community" with a capital Q, nobody will notice.  You can make rape jokes all you want, but say one to a rape victim.  You can say cancer jokes all you want, but say one to a cancer victim.

Here's an example for gamers:

You can say to one of your friends who plays a lot of online FPS games, "After I own your ass I'm gonna teabag the fuck out of you."  They'll most likely assume that you're using some weird metaphor about "pwning" them and then repeatedly crouching your character over theirs.

Then say it to somebody you don't know.

Xbbjf9s said:

When the word is used between blacks, it's equal to the word "dude" not  meant to insult and it's said nigga not nigger..Dr. Laura needs to watch the Boondocks to know thw difference lol.

isn't that itself is being racist ? i mean you are differenciating who says it (black people) and who shouldn't say it (White people)

i mean i say Nintendo all time , no one find it offensive..

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

chapset said:

was the ''N'' word nintendo??

Nigga Stole my joke....!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Xbbjf9s said:
highwaystar101 said:

When making a single point, don't number it, it just looks weird.

Anyway, can you explain the comment in question?

Xbbjf9s said:

Why is it not ok for me to use that word, but my black friend can? It seems a bit hypocritical to me. If I said it I would be lectured for misusing a word in an insulting way, when that person can use it freely.

Did I say that? No. The woman Didn't like the word and the good Dr used it in a pointless matter....whene blacks say it balcks it isn't meant as an insult.

I don't know if I'm misusing the word "fallacy", but here's how I see your argument:

1) The word 'nigger' can be used in a hateful or non-hateful context. It can be used as a derogatory term for black skinned people, or it can be used to refer to a companion.

2) If a black skinned person says it, it's always in the latter context. If a white skinned person says it, it's always in the former context.

I don't know what fallacy you call that, if it is a fallacy at all, but that's just plain  fucking retarded. That's not really an argument, but just really extreme statements of facts.

Oh, and enough of this fucking mythical status of the word 'nigger'. It can be a very ugly word, it can be a very hateful and painful word to hear. But so are many words, whether or not they are racist, sexist, etc. Sometimes, there may not even be a non-hateful context with some words. But even still, it shouldn't be to the fucking point that we just become paralyzed and become incapable of any mature discussion as if the word 'nigger'=Lord Voldemort. You guys are like the people who banned 'Adventures of Huckleberry Finn'.

The Ghost of RubangB said:

It's in an in-group vs. out-group thing.  If a group decides something's offensive... then it is.  You can't call a woman a bitch, but that didn't stop feminists from creating http://bitchmagazine.org/ .  Gays are doing the same thing now.  If you say "what are you a queer" you're being an asshole, but if you refer to "the Queer community" with a capital Q, nobody will notice.  You can make rape jokes all you want, but say one to a rape victim.  You can say cancer jokes all you want, but say one to a cancer victim.

Here's an example for gamers:

You can say to one of your friends who plays a lot of online FPS games, "After I own your ass I'm gonna teabag the fuck out of you."  They'll most likely assume that you're using some weird metaphor about "pwning" them and then repeatedly crouching your character over theirs.

Then say it to somebody you don't know.

Bingo! this is the answer right here!... the 1st person to say it all thread i was come here ealier and explain it but was to tired.

its a group thing and the group can do it. ill expand outta racism.

1. Why can women jokingly call each other a bitch! or touch each others ass or breast, but if a guy did any of that( assuming he wasnt her BF or Hubby) he'd be in serious shit.

2. I have a gay couple that comes into my store all the time. last time his debit card wasnt working and he said why? and his BF jokingly says " its because your gay" now if a straight guy said that it would of been a issue.

your naive if you think we live in a world of REAL quality, we are seperated into groups and these groups have all there own do's and dont's

its one of those things where u gotta be in to understand. we  hear jew jokes all the time and we laugh, but if your jewish it aint funny... lots of ignorance in this thread.( this in its self can be ignorant)