By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Lady GaGa to release new album with genre defining music

SmoothCriminal said:
Carl2291 said:
KylieDog said:

Westlife were massively popular like that once.

So was Elvis. And the Beatles. And Madonna. And Michael Jackson.

Wonder what happened to them.

They died...

Michael Jackson was back on the upswing at the time of his death. His last album "This is it" is one of the best I've ever heard, with the exception of the remastering of Black or White.

I knew that answer was coming ¬_¬ And you know what i was getting at. They are all still huge artists even to this day.

But the point still stands. He's trying to do the usual "She will be nothing in a few years thing" and it's annoying.

Oh, and a few of them are still alive

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
SmoothCriminal said:
Carl2291 said:
KylieDog said:

They died...

Michael Jackson was back on the upswing at the time of his death. His last album "This is it" is one of the best I've ever heard, with the exception of the remastering of Black or White.

I knew that answer was coming ¬_¬ And you know what i was getting at. They are all still huge artists even to this day.

But the point still stands. He's trying to do the usual "She will be nothing in a few years thing" and it's annoying.

To be honest, I don't like Elvis or Madonna at all. The Beatles I'm not a huge fan of (despite owning an unopened copy of Abbey Road). As for Michael Jackson, just look at my avatar/username.

To be honest, I don't think Lady GaGa will be remembered as fondly or as long as other artists. I find that, while she has talent ( a lot of it), her music isn't eternal like MJ or The Beatles.

It makes me sad that singles these days can't  even have proper grammar. "There's something about you and I" is a glaring inaccuracy. Should be "you and me." Ugh.

Oh shit guys.  You heard it here first.  Laday Gaga IS the new Wet Wet Wet.  Her next album, whatever it is, will be the best ever, no matter what.  It's gonna be like Modern Warfare 2, and sell due to the success of its predecessor, even if it sucks and does nothing different.  But don't be fooled, somebody said it will change everything ever.

So it will.

Lady Gaga invented dance music, pop music, electro, and dressing like a crackwhore.  Next up she'll invent fat beats, singing, and music videos.  I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!!!!!!!

KylieDog said:
Carl2291 said:
KylieDog said:

Oh Gaga and Westlife were loved by millions for decades?  My mistake.

Nice way to try spin it, but... No.

Elvis was loved by millions for a couple of years, then went on to decades. Same with The Beatles. And Madonna. And Michael Jackson.

Gaga is currently loved by millions. And I'm pretty sure that aint gonna change anytime soon...

And what's really funny is... Westlife are still going now, and are releasing a new Album this year after 2009's album went double Platinum in the UK. Actually, every album they have done has gone Platinum. They really have been big for a "decade" so far.

What you are pretty much saying is... Gaga isn't good, or doesn't deserve the praise she is getting, because she is new. Get a grip.

Around the Network
SmoothCriminal said:
Carl2291 said:
SmoothCriminal said:
Carl2291 said:
KylieDog said:

They died...

To be honest, I don't like Elvis or Madonna at all. The Beatles I'm not a huge fan of (despite owning an unopened copy of Abbey Road). As for Michael Jackson, just look at my avatar/username.

To be honest, I don't think Lady GaGa will be remembered as fondly or as long as other artists. I find that, while she has talent ( a lot of it), her music isn't eternal like MJ or The Beatles.

Elvis i can handle, i was brought up on it so i had no choice really... Mum loves him.

Madonna, I like a few of her stuff. Not much though.

The Beatles, you can't say a bad word about them on these forums or you are a hell spawn.

MJ is awesome.

Gaga right now is huge. We can't say if her music is eternal or anything because well... She's done one album. A recent one too. We need to wait a few years before we can really judge that. It is obvious though that she aint going anywhere anytime soon.

Anthem for our generation?  Is this the female incarnation of Kanye West?

Carl2291 said:
SmoothCriminal said:
Carl2291 said:
SmoothCriminal said:
Carl2291 said:
KylieDog said:

They died...

Elvis i can handle, i was brought up on it so i had no choice really... Mum loves him.

The Beatles, you can't say a bad word about them on these forums or you are a hell spawn.

MJ is awesome.

Gaga right now is huge. We can't say if her music is eternal or anything because well... She's done one album. A recent one too. We need to wait a few years before we can really judge that. It is obvious though that she aint going anywhere anytime soon.

Two albums:

THE FAME *mid 2008*(JUST DANCE, POKER FACE, LOVE GAME, PAPARAZZI all went #1)

THE FAME MONSTER *late 2009*(EPISODE): (BAD ROMANCE, TELEPHONE, ALEJANDRO)

the 3rd comes out early next year (2011)

mM

We are just going to have to wait and see about that, evens if its not genre defining I'll still probably like it.

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

leo-j said:
Carl2291 said:
SmoothCriminal said:
Carl2291 said:
SmoothCriminal said:
Carl2291 said:
KylieDog said:

They died...

MJ is awesome.

Two albums:

THE FAME *mid 2008*(JUST DANCE, POKER FACE, LOVE GAME, PAPARAZZI all went #1)

THE FAME MONSTER *late 2009*(EPISODE): (BAD ROMANCE, TELEPHONE, ALEJANDRO)

the 3rd comes out early next year (2011)

Stop saying Number 1. Only 2 songs I know went to number one, and that was her two first ones. If you mean something outside normal charts like pop charts or whatever, say that. 

Addition: I don't know about Genre changing or whatever, but I bet it will do well, and I will like it somewhat.