By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA : Lots of available Wii ?

redspear said:
In the SFBay area,

Every store I have been to has had multiple Wiis in stock. Circut City, Best Buy, Wal mart, Target, Comp USA, Gamestop, EB, and 7-11. They can't even give those things away...You wouldn't beleive how many they have in the Godwills here(because you know they are for poor people and Salvation Army won't take them because of Manhunt2).

The PS3 on the other hand well you will be lucky to find that anywhere. I have yet to see one in the Wild and believe me I looked(cause I am so rich I want to buy 5 of them so I can cure cancer). I heard they will be selling PS3s at versace and Neiman Marcus now because they are so fashionable.

So yeah if you need a Wii come to San Francisco, Unless you aren't serious about not being able to find one....

7-11???? HA HA HA. Nice sarcasm.

In my neck of the woods I don't check as much as I used to, but everytime I go to a walmart or target, at least once a week, I stroll through and never see one. Same story from reps in store, never lasts in stock for more than a day.

Around the Network
redspear said:
In the SFBay area,

Every store I have been to has had multiple Wiis in stock. Circut City, Best Buy, Wal mart, Target, Comp USA, Gamestop, EB, and 7-11. They can't even give those things away...You wouldn't beleive how many they have in the Godwills here(because you know they are for poor people and Salvation Army won't take them because of Manhunt2).

The PS3 on the other hand well you will be lucky to find that anywhere. I have yet to see one in the Wild and believe me I looked(cause I am so rich I want to buy 5 of them so I can cure cancer). I heard they will be selling PS3s at versace and Neiman Marcus now because they are so fashionable.

So yeah if you need a Wii come to San Francisco, Unless you aren't serious about not being able to find one....

Haha...that's hilarious.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Cursayer2 said:
johnlucas is the definition of an overconfident smartass Wii fanboy.

How so? I see nothing in his post that indicates him as a fanboy...

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

I think the 360 has the bigger advantage of taking advantage of a Wii shortage simply because a $250 to $600 is a large price jump but a $250 to $300 (core system) isn't nearly as bad.

Our local Meijer (grocery and general merchandise big-store chain in the Midwestern USA) actually got two small shipments (6-8 Wiis) in the past week, one on Sunday and one on Tuesday. According to the manager of the electronics department, both shipments sold out within a few hours.

Around the Network

The only Wii I have ever seen 'in the wild' is the one I bought. Other than that, I've never seen one.

twesterm said:
I think the 360 has the bigger advantage of taking advantage of a Wii shortage simply because a $250 to $600 is a large price jump but a $250 to $300 (core system) isn't nearly as bad.

Yes, this is a huge point, especially when people are buying a system because the one they really wanted was sold out.  Secondly, the desire for the 360 seems to be higher than the PS3 simply because the 360 has a much better game library and it will continue to be better for at least another year.

Cursayer2 said:
johnlucas is the definition of an overconfident smartass Wii fanboy.

I love you too Cursayer2.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

I think Nintendo is stocking a huge amount of Wiis for 3 really crucial dates in the US... i think during Metroid Prime 3 launch... there will be an huge shipment of wiis... say 1 - 2 million that month on US only... then with SSBB it will be even bigger... between 2 - 3 million that month which i predict would be between mid oct. and the first week of nov. and then December 1st the release of SMG and the beginning of the xmas shooping nightmare... where they will ship like 3 - 4 million consoles... or even more... remenber that Nintendo's goal is to surpass Xbox360 anytime soon... and i think they will do it between October and December this year...

AsylumX said:
I think Nintendo is stocking a huge amount of Wiis for 3 really crucial dates in the US... i think during Metroid Prime 3 launch... there will be an huge shipment of wiis... say 1 - 2 million that month on US only... then with SSBB it will be even bigger... between 2 - 3 million that month which i predict would be between mid oct. and the first week of nov. and then December 1st the release of SMG and the beginning of the xmas shooping nightmare... where they will ship like 3 - 4 million consoles... or even more... remenber that Nintendo's goal is to surpass Xbox360 anytime soon... and i think they will do it between October and December this year...

Where would they be getting all of these Wiis?  Nintendo is selling > 1 million per month right now.  Even if they've ramped up production to 1.5 million starting in June, there's no way they'll have so many millions available for several dates by the end of the year.

I don't think Nintendo's goal is to surpass the 360.  I'd hope their goals are a bit more lofty and they basically stated that they anticipate getting a larger US installed base than the PS2.  At the current rate, they're virtually guaranteed to surpass the 360 in terms of installed base by October.