By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA : Lots of available Wii ?

theshoe23 said:
I was really ticked off the other day because I bought a new Wii online for $340 bux (including shipping) and four days later I see that the Best Buy in the town that I work had 5 of them (a 6th one was being sold at that time). Yes I know I said I'd never buy another Wii, but I looked into my heart and now I feel I can't live without one ;) You guys are just too persuasive (not sarcasm).

had? I assume it's 0 once again?

Around the Network
Gballzack said:
I would like to think Nintendo will have the demand for the Wii under control by the holidays

The problem is that it is difficult to guage the extent of the demand and how it may grow.  We know the demand is for a lot more units than are currently shipping to the US because of the rate of sell out.  Secondly, we don't know if Nintendo plans to further increase production before the holidays. 

Looking at the calandar from a console business perspective, there isn't much time until the holidays.  Nintendo has a strong Q3 lineup world wide and a very strong Q4 lineup world wide.  These things will serve to increase demand and without a clear path to increase production, projecting that Nintendo will catch up with demand is extremely optimistic.

During the '06 holiday season, everyone was assuming Nintendo would catch up with demand within a month.  Back then, Nintendo was doing a great job producing units compared to their competitors' respective launches.  Nintendo is still producing more, the demand has grown a lot faster than anyone estimated.

@jlauro, had indeed, they had 0 today (2 days later).