By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA : Lots of available Wii ?

like here in sweden, we pay 600 SEK for a game, which is about 85 dollars. I have booked smash bros here for 95$ !!

Around the Network

I went to the two biggest general stores in Finland and one gaming store this week. All of them had Wiis and PS3s in stock. The guys in the general store didn't even know there had ever been a shortage for either console. Very odd, although the gaming store guy said they sold out very quickly as little as a few weeks ago.

Also the best selling games list in the normal store had two different versions of Singstars at the top, followed by some sport game, PotC and Tomb Raider. Bloody depressing. -_-

TheBigFatJ said:
Kwaad said:
I wonder how many of the Wii guys would have a heart attack if the PS3 outsold the Wii in march. As there have been almost ***ZERO*** Wii shipments in March.

Is there any way you'll make another prediction about the PS3 outperforming the Wii? Like say that in December of 2007 the PS3 will outsell the Wii because the Wii will be sold out throughout the year and during the holiday season they'll continue to be huge piles of PS3s everywhere for people to buy.  Or maybe you can predict that next month the Wii will be available everywhere or stay on shelves for days at a time because demand is dropping.

You're here for our entertainment, right?

I hate to say this, but if the PS3 drops price, and the Wiis are sold out, the PS3 might outsell the Wii during the holidays. Definitely the 360 will outsell the Wii, if there are still shortages.

z64dan said:

I hate to say this, but if the PS3 drops price, and the Wiis are sold out, the PS3 might outsell the Wii during the holidays. Definitely the 360 will outsell the Wii, if there are still shortages.

I'm one of the bigger Wii fans here, but even I admit that's possible. All three consoles have about equally good games coming out for the holiday season, but the HD ones have a much higher chance for a price drop (=actual need them), and most importantly have plenty of accumulated stock. If Nintendo hasn't been able to save some consoles for the insane shopping spree at the end of the year, it might be that they sell as well as always (around 200k globally), but the other two see a huge spike momentarily.

today(tuesday)my local walmart 92231,got 4 wiis, they all sold out within 30min...

Around the Network

In the Frederick, MD area, I have yet to ever see any Wiis in stock when I've been in a store (Wal-Mart, Target, and Gamestop are my regulars).

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

johnlucas is the definition of an overconfident smartass Wii fanboy.

In the SFBay area,

Every store I have been to has had multiple Wiis in stock. Circut City, Best Buy, Wal mart, Target, Comp USA, Gamestop, EB, and 7-11. They can't even give those things away...You wouldn't beleive how many they have in the Godwills here(because you know they are for poor people and Salvation Army won't take them because of Manhunt2).

The PS3 on the other hand well you will be lucky to find that anywhere. I have yet to see one in the Wild and believe me I looked(cause I am so rich I want to buy 5 of them so I can cure cancer). I heard they will be selling PS3s at versace and Neiman Marcus now because they are so fashionable.

So yeah if you need a Wii come to San Francisco, Unless you aren't serious about not being able to find one....

gorgepir said:
like here in sweden, we pay 600 SEK for a game, which is about 85 dollars. I have booked smash bros here for 95$ !!

wtf one more Swede :)

och ja vi blir lurade varje gång...

EDIT: and Wii is availible in Gothenburg Sweden, but so is PS3 (since launch) and xbox360. Xbox360 and Wii cost almost the same.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

z64dan said:
TheBigFatJ said:
Kwaad said:
I wonder how many of the Wii guys would have a heart attack if the PS3 outsold the Wii in march. As there have been almost ***ZERO*** Wii shipments in March.

Is there any way you'll make another prediction about the PS3 outperforming the Wii? Like say that in December of 2007 the PS3 will outsell the Wii because the Wii will be sold out throughout the year and during the holiday season they'll continue to be huge piles of PS3s everywhere for people to buy. Or maybe you can predict that next month the Wii will be available everywhere or stay on shelves for days at a time because demand is dropping.

You're here for our entertainment, right?

Possible, but very, very unlikely.  Microsoft might be able to outsell the Wii this holiday season because of Wii shortages, but I don't think Sony will get a good chance to really capitalize on the Wii shortages (most people buying *something* because the Wii isn't available will be getting a 360).