By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA : Lots of available Wii ?

according itrackr.com, national availibility has suddenly reached 13% !! And inside the area of Newyork,for exemple, Wii is available in almost half of the stores (33/62 instead of 5/62)!!

(On march, national availibility was 1%...) 

I believe that Gamestop CEO was right when he talks about "Wii shortage intentional"...

What do you think about it ?

Around the Network

wll, it's either that, or the demand has massively dropped..., or that super paper mario is a very lucky dude that invited all his wii friends to the party and they all came...

bottom line: those wii will be gone soon... we should watch this itrackr site for the few days after the release of paper mario... 

Wouldn't sales climb and drop as shipments come in and are sold? I remember Kwaad making a thread a month ago  in which he stated that Wii had lost momentum because it had reached 13% on itracker.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Heh.  Nintendo said they were upping production, so let's say they've got more shipments in.  People are still going to think it's sold out, hence why there's a surge.  Once people realize this, it'll go back to sold out within a day or two.

fabinou said:

according itrackr.com, national availibility has suddenly reached 13% !! And inside the area of Newyork,for exemple, Wii is available in almost half of the stores (33/62 instead of 5/62)!!

(On march, national availibility was 1%...) 

I believe that Gamestop CEO was right when he talks about "Wii shortage intentional"...

What do you think about it ?

A few people who work for stores like Best buy were saying they were holding onto a pile of Wiis, obviously they've released them

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Supply fluctuates from week to week. It has to do with manufacturing and distribution. It's not like they go straight from the assembly line to the store shelf.

still 0 out of 20 stores here in silicon valley area.  did they just overall stop supplying wii to SF bay area??? i havent' seen any wii in stock for more than a month already.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

I don't know if I'd say having 13% availability is "lots of available".  More available than 1% to be sure but not by much.  Wasn't there supposed to be major shipments to Toys R Us and Best Buy last week (either that or they were going to release the stock they had hoarded in the back of the stores)?   Either way, supplies and availability go up and down.

one week before NPD march  numbers....  I'd really like to see Wii numbers... I'm afraid that wii has sold less than 100K...

In Paris, I know some stores that have received a few wii in march, and a lot of wii since the beginning of the week... 

On Itrackr:

Wii National Availability: 13%

PS3 20GB National Availability: 1%

PS3 60GB National Availability: 94%

XBOX 360 Premium National Availability: 78%

Nintendo DS Lite - Coral Pink National Availability: 26%

Nintendo DS Lite - Onyx Black National Availability: 26%

Nintendo DS Lite - Polar White National Availability: 33%

Can't the PSP on Itrackr

I wouldn't call that alot!