By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA : Lots of available Wii ?

Kwaad said:
I wonder how many of the Wii guys would have a heart attack if the PS3 outsold the Wii in march. As there have been almost ***ZERO*** Wii shipments in March.

Where is your source for almost zero shipments. I hope you aren't playing loose with the facts again to support your arguments. At least have the decency to support your arguments with solid evidence. Not just something like I looked on Amazon and didn't see any in stock.

Around the Network

I still don't see the Wiis in stock or accessories for that matter in the Sacramento CA area. Actually I saw 2 Classic controllers at Wal-Mart today...

People line up before the stores open whenever it is leaked that the store has some.

So unless Nintendo decided to stop shipping for a month, sales are still pretty strong.

fabinou said:

one week before NPD march numbers.... I'd really like to see Wii numbers... I'm afraid that wii has sold less than 100K...

In Paris, I know some stores that have received a few wii in march, and a lot of wii since the beginning of the week...

That's like a joke, right? ;)

Supply will be about the same as last month - should have sold around 300k-350k again. What will be interesting is the PS3 sales - have they picked up, and by how much?

PS - Nintendo may be stockpiling Wii's for the release of Super Paper Mario. This is what sucks - why would they WANT to release any killer-app titles, when the console is already selling out? I think we'll see more and more titles delayed until they can get stock in stores :P. (PaperMario has already been delayed in Europe/Australia -  which bits, 'cos I can't wait to get my hands on it...).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

OriGin said:
Kwaad said:
I wonder how many of the Wii guys would have a heart attack if the PS3 outsold the Wii in march. As there have been almost ***ZERO*** Wii shipments in March.

LOL where do you get your information that there have been ZERO Wii shipments?

And ookaze, I agree, there is nothing bad about the Wii finally becoming in stock, I think it's just a terrible wait for Nintendo fans for the next NPD numbers to arrive to make sure that it hasn't dropped off the face of the earth kekekekek

He probably just hasn't seen any

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Kwaad said:

(grabs chest in panic)

Oh wait, I know that the Wii is virtually sold out worldwide and personally know people who are still trying to get systems.  (And since I'm a nice friend, if I ever do find a lonely Wii out there I'll gladly pick it up for one of them.  I tried at TrU last weekend, but they were sold out well before opening.)  I also know that the Wii still has sold more than the PS3 to date.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network

Not to mention Nintendo raised it's estimates this week.  Nintendo's estimates have always been conservative. So it's highly unlikely they would have made such an annoucement if March was a disappointment.

OriGin said:
Kwaad said:

LOL where do you get your information that there have been ZERO Wii shipments?

And ookaze, I agree, there is nothing bad about the Wii finally becoming in stock, I think it's just a terrible wait for Nintendo fans for the next NPD numbers to arrive to make sure that it hasn't dropped off the face of the earth kekekekek

his "information" is nothing more than the fact that he hasn't seen any wii's in stores this month. I wonder what his excuse will be when the NPD's show up, Wii outsells PS3 again, and nintendo had "almost zero" shipments. My guess is that he'll mention how 4 shipments is "almost zero"

It's kind of funny how he always disappears when you catch him stretching the truth.

FishyJoe said:
It's kind of funny how he always disappears when you catch him stretching the truth.

i've too noticed kwaad's lack of response after someone states a fact that beats down on his arguement. :)  no offense to kwaad, but i have to agree it is kind of funny.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

1out of 26 stores have Wii in stock according to itracker for zipcode 92106.