By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA : Lots of available Wii ?

I think one of the best indicators of availability is Costco. Things usually wind up there once inventory starts piling up at other retailers.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
I think one of the best indicators of availability is Costco. Things usually wind up there once inventory starts piling up at other retailers.

Costco has a PS3 bundle with Motorstorm, yet no Wii bundle or hardware option at all.

I hope its the production increase kicking in already, but this has happened in past months too. I think availability has even been in the 20%s a few times this year.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

I don't understand what's bad about the Wii being in stock.

Do you expect the Wii to be sold out forever ?

Increasing the shipment is there to have Wii in stock, not to keep it sold out.

What am I missing there ? 

ookaze said:

I don't understand what's bad about the Wii being in stock.

Do you expect the Wii to be sold out forever ?

Increasing the shipment is there to have Wii in stock, not to keep it sold out.

What am I missing there ? 

Well the moment its not sold out anymore is the moment Sony fanboys start singing ding dong the fad is dead.  We already have to put up with their insistence that that the PS3 is what humanity was put on this earth to serve and the Wii is dead would be no less emphatically asserted.  I don't know about you but I can only take one delusional fanboy fantasy at a time so the longer the Wii is sold out the better I say.  Of course, I have my Wii so I don't care about it being difficult to get anymore. 

Around the Network

I wonder how many of the Wii guys would have a heart attack if the PS3 outsold the Wii in march. As there have been almost ***ZERO*** Wii shipments in March.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said:
I wonder how many of the Wii guys would have a heart attack if the PS3 outsold the Wii in march. As there have been almost ***ZERO*** Wii shipments in March.

It will in Europe and maybe worldwide solely due to the launch. That is why I have said April and May will be the best determinator of how the rest of the year will be.

the target, best buy, (gamestop)ebgames, wallmart and toysrus in my area- i have asked- get in total -weekly- anywhere from 60 to 130 wii's.. and sell out within 2 hrs of them being released for sale at store's opening.

lenardo said:

the target, best buy, (gamestop)ebgames, wallmart and toysrus in my area- i have asked- get in total -weekly- anywhere from 60 to 130 wii's.. and sell out within 2 hrs of them being released for sale at store's opening.

Let me explain to you why that is..... and a little bit of insite behind itrackr.

I quite a few area's stores like target, circuit city, ebgames and gamestop actually hold their Wii's (no pun intended) for sunday sales. I was able to find this out first hand for several stores. They had Wiis and they were told to lie about them. Chances are if you see itrackr says a store has the wii's yet whoever you talk to throws you a line like "we don't have those in stock... but check back sunday." Chances are they already have them locked away somewhere.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Kwaad said:

LOL where do you get your information that there have been ZERO Wii shipments?

And ookaze, I agree, there is nothing bad about the Wii finally becoming in stock, I think it's just a terrible wait for Nintendo fans for the next NPD numbers to arrive to make sure that it hasn't dropped off the face of the earth kekekekek