By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA : Lots of available Wii ?

We've seen this brought up before by Kwaad. The wii's availability was at like 15% and stayed there for a while until it fell down to 1%. The reason being is that stores stock pile the consoles and then have rereleases..

Around the Network
euclid said:
We've seen this brought up before by Kwaad. The wii's availability was at like 15% and stayed there for a while until it fell down to 1%. The reason being is that stores stock pile the consoles and then have rereleases..

That's what I think it is I went to Walmart and saw five out front and 14 in the back, told my friend he called me when he got there two hours later they were gone.

Wow. A new Wii shipment is coming. About damn time. It's been almost a month.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Alacrist : almost 20 sold in 2 hours ?? Is it usual in the american stores ?

fabinou said:
Alacrist : almost 20 sold in 2 hours ?? Is it usual in the american stores ?

it depends on the store and location. about more than a month ago when i last saw at least something stockpiled before the sunday release, a friend of mine lined up bright and early in the morning.  before the store even opened at 8, they had given out all the tickets for a wii by 7:30am. (around 30 something wiis available at this particular target store)

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Around the Network

Yeah, I have a few friends that work at Circuit City. Everytime they have a shipment come in they hand out all of the tickets before open to people in line. They usually get 21 or so in at a time.

I think I can safely say there are not "lots of available Wiis" in the USA at the moment, if my general region (San Francisco bay area) is any indication. I have friends who have been scouring for months to no avail. If Wiis are showing up in stores, they're gone within hours if not minutes.

Alacrist said:
euclid said:

That's what I think it is I went to Walmart and saw five out front and 14 in the back, told my friend he called me when he got there two hours later they were gone.

If you were a good friend, you would have gotten one for your friend and have him pay you back :)

Kwaad said:
Wow. A new Wii shipment is coming. About damn time. It's been almost a month.

I'm sure that the "only shipment they had in a month" is still gonna outsell the PS3 or 360... AKA they ship them weekly and your pulling that out of your ass.

Uhm, last Sunday on April 1st (no joke) several stores had Wii's for sale.  Should be a nice big boost to March's NPD. since it covers the first few days of April. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.