By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT: Halo reach falling behind, Epic mickey needs work, SMG2/RED DEAD = GOTY

SMC said:

Halo has been miles behind Killzone in graphics, technology, multiplayer and realism since KZ2.

But very few actually care about those things. To many what's more important is:

- Controls/How it plays

-  Fun

And an overwhelming amount of people think that Halo nail those two points spot on. So, my point is that bringing realism and Killzone into a Halo discussion is irrelevant, because nobody in Halo world cares.

How do you qualify Killzonoe as having better multiplayer than Halo if Halo is more fun?

Around the Network

In terms of quality GOW3 is definetly my GOTY

however in terms of value super mario galaxy or mass effect 2 win so far

Khuutra said:
SMC said:

Halo has been miles behind Killzone in graphics, technology, multiplayer and realism since KZ2.

But very few actually care about those things. To many what's more important is:

- Controls/How it plays

-  Fun

And an overwhelming amount of people think that Halo nail those two points spot on. So, my point is that bringing realism and Killzone into a Halo discussion is irrelevant, because nobody in Halo world cares.

How do you qualify Killzonoe as having better multiplayer than Halo if Halo is more fun?

I personally don't believe Halo is more fun, I despise Halo, but a hella lot of people do which was my point.

In terms of online/multiplayer I was more referring to features, such as Killzone 2's in-game (so simple yet excellent) clan system, and the way that there's basically only one known glitch on KZ2 nowadays and it's so hard to get into it's not worth the hassle.

But actually, on second thought, I guess Halo has a lot of unique features online as well, so I drop the multiplayer point. It was more my opinion that the other points.

SMC said:

- Controls/How it plays

-  Fun

While I do agree on the graphics and technology being ahead of Halo, saying that Killzone 2 has a better multiplayer than Halo is entirely subjective. Plus, both games does multiplayer differently so why are you comparing them in the first place?

Packie said:
SMC said:

- Controls/How it plays

-  Fun

While I do agree on the graphics and technology being ahead of Halo, saying that Killzone 2 has a better multiplayer than Halo is entirely subjective. Plus, both games does multiplayer differently so why are you comparing them in the first place?

See my last post.

I was just showing that what the guy said was correct, but that comparing them is pointless basically.

Around the Network

LOL GT. these guys suck ass.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Pretty sure Bungie could make Halo look as good as any game out there if they didn't want to include things that make Halo what it is - huge draw distances, 4 player split screen multiplayer, and tons of enemies on screen at once along with an arcade look, which i prefer to ultra-realism anyway.

SMC said:

- Controls/How it plays

-  Fun

Care to elaborate? I will admit I have never played KZ2 but I believe halo's continued online presence and local multiplayer may have an edge over kz2 for multiplayer. What technology? is that the same as graphics? Cause to me having split screen this generation seems to be what is hard for devs, that seems to be superior technology. What is so real about KZ2, I will admit halo is not super realistic, outside of its sci fi theme it is as realistic as most other console shooters. Or what do you mean by realistic? graphics? Physics? Style?

Your opther points I agree with.

Edit: Didn't finish reading the thread before I posted this.

Seece said:

"Shane satterfield, editor and chief of gametrailers, believes compared to KILLZONE 3, HALO REACH is very well behind and not just visually, but he believes it is far too arcady, in fact he considers it one of his biggest dissapointments at E3"

Lol fuck Shane satterfield, everyone else is fucking pumped for Reach.

oooh, is Shane that blonde twat? Yeah I watched the first ep of that bonus round and could tell he only talks shite.

I can't believe that you are a writer for this website.

Wagram said:
Seece said:

"Shane satterfield, editor and chief of gametrailers, believes compared to KILLZONE 3, HALO REACH is very well behind and not just visually, but he believes it is far too arcady, in fact he considers it one of his biggest dissapointments at E3"

Lol fuck Shane satterfield, everyone else is fucking pumped for Reach.

oooh, is Shane that blonde twat? Yeah I watched the first ep of that bonus round and could tell he only talks shite.

I can't believe that you are a writer for this website.

win

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?