By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT: Halo reach falling behind, Epic mickey needs work, SMG2/RED DEAD = GOTY

The latest gametrailers bonus round has a couple of reactions from E3, and GOTY choices thus far!

Shane satterfield, editor and chief of gametrailers, believes compared to KILLZONE 3, HALO REACH is very well behind and not just visually, but he believes it is far too arcady, in fact he considers it one of his biggest dissapointments at E3, this was in response to what one guy said about HALO REACH being the big jump from halo 2 to 360 that he had been waiting for.

Speaking of dissapoinments the entire Bonus round interviewers believes EPIC MICKEY was another one of the biggest dissapointments, saying that not only are the visuals very sub par(when watching it in person) but the camera  needs a lot of work, as does the gameplay.

They also were given choices to pick between GOTY candidates, Geoff said GOD OF WAR III due to how epic the game felt, Shane says SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 due to variety, the other two say RED DEAD and SMG2.

more here

mM
Around the Network

lol...I forgot that moving forward every FPS had to be all seriouz buzinezz like Modern Warfare.

Arcadey shooters are thing of the past. Funny thing is that MW is aslo pretty arcadey but whatever.

Seriously though...anyone that has listened to his "invisible walls" podcast knows that the Shane dislikes halo and has been putting it down as well as saying Bungie has no talent. On the other hand will give his left nut for Modern Warfare.  So no surprise there.

Everyone knows Mass Effect 2 is GOTY.

I'm not sure why Epic Mickey is being so hyped to begin with.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

i rather have a better  gameplay experience with Halo Reach and its "arcady"feel

IMO

I wasn't aware that games were judged by graphics Shane. But hey, why am I not surprised about someone who (if you watch Invisible Walls) has had his head firmly implanted in Sony's buttocks since 2008. Though with Forge 2.0 being revealed this week, man, he really looks like an idiot now.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

"Shane satterfield, editor and chief of gametrailers, believes compared to KILLZONE 3, HALO REACH is very well behind and not just visually, but he believes it is far too arcady, in fact he considers it one of his biggest dissapointments at E3"

Lol fuck Shane satterfield, everyone else is fucking pumped for Reach.

oooh, is Shane that blonde twat? Yeah I watched the first ep of that bonus round and could tell he only talks shite.

That is the first time I have heard someone put halo reach down. Oh well won't kill my hype! To me halo/cod have basically the same level of aracdiness. The main difference to me is halo is more run and gun which I like, and cod is more take cover shoot cover

Seece said:

"Shane satterfield, editor and chief of gametrailers, believes compared to KILLZONE 3, HALO REACH is very well behind and not just visually, but he believes it is far too arcady, in fact he considers it one of his biggest dissapointments at E3"

Lol fuck Shane satterfield, everyone else is fucking pumped for Reach.

oooh, is Shane that blonde twat? Yeah I watched the first ep of that bonus round and could tell he only talks shite.

Shane's the dude on the left. The blonde guy actually surprised me for picking Alan Wake as GOTY so far.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

What a crock, Halo Reach is going to be great from everything that I have seen.  I would imagine it comes down to Halo Reach and Mass Effect 2.  

But I am a bit biased towards ME:2

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

I'm sorry but Shane is a douche..simple as that....he is a hypocrit and a fanboy

Seriously EBC eats BR and IW alive!

THis year there are MANY GOTY contenders so it's anyones guess

ME2

GOW3

Reach

GT5

SMG2

Heavy Rain

My personal fave is GOW3 closely followed by ME2

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!