Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT: Halo reach falling behind, Epic mickey needs work, SMG2/RED DEAD = GOTY

Halo and Killzone are both great shooters.  But I like Halo a lot more than I do Killzone and nothing anyone says can change that sorry.



Around the Network
Hynad said:
Doobie_wop said:

Killzone on the other hand didnt win any awards or was considered the best of anything. So comparing it to halo is just idoitic.




I don't really care about the little thing you and Prophecy have going on, but I thought I'd be annoying and just list a few awards and stuff Killzone 2 received:

Technical Innovation in AI and best AI in a AAA Game

http://aigamedev.com/open/editorial/2009-awards-results/

The Roses Design Awards - The Best Use of Animation

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/02/killzone-2-cg-intro-wins-roses-design-awards/

The 55th Annual Ivor Novello Award for Best Original Video Game Score

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2010/05/21/killzone-2-wins-ivor-novello-award

It also won some other stuff, but I can't be bothered looking. As for Killzone 2 not being the best at anything, what exactly is Halo 3 the best at? You must be including the PC into this, because from the top of my head I can already claim that Killzone 2 is the most technically impressive FPS on consoles.

Careful, someone will bring up the scale of Halo games and the numbers of players it has going on in a single map as proof that the engine it's using is more capable than Killzone 2's or anything else on consoles.  ¬_¬

Conveniently forgetting anything about MAG and its 256 players games.

Haven't played MAG yet, but my 2 friends that got it said that it was boring and went back to Battlefield BC2 and MW2.

As for the awards KZ2 got, both the AI and the OST is better in Halo 3 than KZ2. It has gotten higher scores and more awards than KZ2 too. However i agree it is overated, but KZ2 really isn't that good of a game either, singleplayer is short and why should you play the multiplayer when you can play CoD, Battlefield or even Halo? Also the graphics are impressive, but compare it to Crysis and it pales in comparision. Yes i know its on PC, but the footage i've seen of Rage (360 version) and Crysis 2 (console versions) looks better than Killzone 3 in my eyes, so its not even the best looking console FPS anymore.



mundus6 said:

As for the awards KZ2 got, both the AI and the OST is better in Halo 3 than KZ2.


The OST from any Halo game is a "classic". They are the best scores i've heard in the last couple of years, got all the cd's :)

I'm sure Halo Reach will win at least these 4 awards: best Multiplayer, best OST, best AI and GotY

Metascore: >96%



Video: Samsung 37" LCD, Topfield 7700HSCI (HD-Sat), Denon DVD-2500BT (BluRay), Denon DVD-1940 (DVD)
Audio: Teufel System 5 THX @ Denon AVR 1910
Consoles: Homebrew Xbox 360 (500GB), Xbox 360 Slim (4GB) + Kinect, Homebrew Nintendo Wii, Homebrew Playstation 3 Slim (250GB)

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him - BELIEVE

i just started playing Mass Effect 2 and so far, it's awesome. I can see it winning GOTY, but I have to play some more.



mundus6 said:
Hynad said:
Doobie_wop said:

Killzone on the other hand didnt win any awards or was considered the best of anything. So comparing it to halo is just idoitic.




I don't really care about the little thing you and Prophecy have going on, but I thought I'd be annoying and just list a few awards and stuff Killzone 2 received:

Technical Innovation in AI and best AI in a AAA Game

http://aigamedev.com/open/editorial/2009-awards-results/

The Roses Design Awards - The Best Use of Animation

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/02/killzone-2-cg-intro-wins-roses-design-awards/

The 55th Annual Ivor Novello Award for Best Original Video Game Score

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2010/05/21/killzone-2-wins-ivor-novello-award

It also won some other stuff, but I can't be bothered looking. As for Killzone 2 not being the best at anything, what exactly is Halo 3 the best at? You must be including the PC into this, because from the top of my head I can already claim that Killzone 2 is the most technically impressive FPS on consoles.

Careful, someone will bring up the scale of Halo games and the numbers of players it has going on in a single map as proof that the engine it's using is more capable than Killzone 2's or anything else on consoles.  ¬_¬

Conveniently forgetting anything about MAG and its 256 players games.

Haven't played MAG yet, but my 2 friends that got it said that it was boring and went back to Battlefield BC2 and MW2.

As for the awards KZ2 got, both the AI and the OST is better in Halo 3 than KZ2. It has gotten higher scores and more awards than KZ2 too. However i agree it is overated, but KZ2 really isn't that good of a game either, singleplayer is short and why should you play the multiplayer when you can play CoD, Battlefield or even Halo? Also the graphics are impressive, but compare it to Crysis and it pales in comparision. Yes i know its on PC, but the footage i've seen of Rage (360 version) and Crysis 2 (console versions) looks better than Killzone 3 in my eyes, so its not even the best looking console FPS anymore.

"Why play KZ2 multiplayer when you can play COD, Battlefield, or even Halo?" That's not really up to you to decide. That's subjective. And keep in mind neither Crysis 2, Rage, or Killzone 3 released yet, so you can't really determine which has the better graphics just yet.

OT: I never did have any respect for Shane, so his opinion here is also worthless to me.

 

Edit: Reading through the comments here makes me want to bang my head against the wall.



Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
mundus6 said:
Hynad said:
Doobie_wop said:

Killzone on the other hand didnt win any awards or was considered the best of anything. So comparing it to halo is just idoitic.




I don't really care about the little thing you and Prophecy have going on, but I thought I'd be annoying and just list a few awards and stuff Killzone 2 received:

Technical Innovation in AI and best AI in a AAA Game

http://aigamedev.com/open/editorial/2009-awards-results/

The Roses Design Awards - The Best Use of Animation

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/02/killzone-2-cg-intro-wins-roses-design-awards/

The 55th Annual Ivor Novello Award for Best Original Video Game Score

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2010/05/21/killzone-2-wins-ivor-novello-award

It also won some other stuff, but I can't be bothered looking. As for Killzone 2 not being the best at anything, what exactly is Halo 3 the best at? You must be including the PC into this, because from the top of my head I can already claim that Killzone 2 is the most technically impressive FPS on consoles.

Careful, someone will bring up the scale of Halo games and the numbers of players it has going on in a single map as proof that the engine it's using is more capable than Killzone 2's or anything else on consoles.  ¬_¬

Conveniently forgetting anything about MAG and its 256 players games.

Haven't played MAG yet, but my 2 friends that got it said that it was boring and went back to Battlefield BC2 and MW2.

As for the awards KZ2 got, both the AI and the OST is better in Halo 3 than KZ2. It has gotten higher scores and more awards than KZ2 too. However i agree it is overated, but KZ2 really isn't that good of a game either, singleplayer is short and why should you play the multiplayer when you can play CoD, Battlefield or even Halo? Also the graphics are impressive, but compare it to Crysis and it pales in comparision. Yes i know its on PC, but the footage i've seen of Rage (360 version) and Crysis 2 (console versions) looks better than Killzone 3 in my eyes, so its not even the best looking console FPS anymore.

"Why play KZ2 multiplayer when you can play COD, Battlefield, or even Halo?" That's not really up to you to decide. That's subjective. And keep in mind neither Crysis 2, Rage, or Killzone 3 released yet, so you can't really determine which has the better graphics just yet.

OT: I never did have any respect for Shane, so his opinion here is also worthless to me.

 

Edit: Reading through the comments here makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

Yeah you are right it is my opinion and everybody is entitled to their own, but just look of how many people that still plays Halo 3 and Cod and then compare that to KZ2 and you will see im not the only one. And don't blame the sales, since sales is just another indication that these games are better liked by the masses.



I'm gonna have to agree with a lot of people here. Shane satterfield has an obvious bias, and has been trying to throw people off of Halo Reach since he first heard about it. I think it's funny though, because Halo Reach is looking to be the Best Selling game this year, with more innovation than you can shake a stick at.



Who cares about gametrailer's bonus round. They say stupid things,just to get more views. There so-called opinions mean nothing.



mundus6 said:
huaxiong90 said:
mundus6 said:
Hynad said:
Doobie_wop said:

Killzone on the other hand didnt win any awards or was considered the best of anything. So comparing it to halo is just idoitic.




I don't really care about the little thing you and Prophecy have going on, but I thought I'd be annoying and just list a few awards and stuff Killzone 2 received:

Technical Innovation in AI and best AI in a AAA Game

http://aigamedev.com/open/editorial/2009-awards-results/

The Roses Design Awards - The Best Use of Animation

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/02/killzone-2-cg-intro-wins-roses-design-awards/

The 55th Annual Ivor Novello Award for Best Original Video Game Score

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2010/05/21/killzone-2-wins-ivor-novello-award

It also won some other stuff, but I can't be bothered looking. As for Killzone 2 not being the best at anything, what exactly is Halo 3 the best at? You must be including the PC into this, because from the top of my head I can already claim that Killzone 2 is the most technically impressive FPS on consoles.

Careful, someone will bring up the scale of Halo games and the numbers of players it has going on in a single map as proof that the engine it's using is more capable than Killzone 2's or anything else on consoles.  ¬_¬

Conveniently forgetting anything about MAG and its 256 players games.

Haven't played MAG yet, but my 2 friends that got it said that it was boring and went back to Battlefield BC2 and MW2.

As for the awards KZ2 got, both the AI and the OST is better in Halo 3 than KZ2. It has gotten higher scores and more awards than KZ2 too. However i agree it is overated, but KZ2 really isn't that good of a game either, singleplayer is short and why should you play the multiplayer when you can play CoD, Battlefield or even Halo? Also the graphics are impressive, but compare it to Crysis and it pales in comparision. Yes i know its on PC, but the footage i've seen of Rage (360 version) and Crysis 2 (console versions) looks better than Killzone 3 in my eyes, so its not even the best looking console FPS anymore.

"Why play KZ2 multiplayer when you can play COD, Battlefield, or even Halo?" That's not really up to you to decide. That's subjective. And keep in mind neither Crysis 2, Rage, or Killzone 3 released yet, so you can't really determine which has the better graphics just yet.

OT: I never did have any respect for Shane, so his opinion here is also worthless to me.

 

Edit: Reading through the comments here makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

Yeah you are right it is my opinion and everybody is entitled to their own, but just look of how many people that still plays Halo 3 and Cod and then compare that to KZ2 and you will see im not the only one. And don't blame the sales, since sales is just another indication that these games are better liked by the masses.

I'm not trying to say what I think about each game. Personally, I do think Halo 3's and MW's MP beats that of Killzone 2's (Killzone 2 was too flawed, and could've been way better, which hopefully will be fixed in Killzone 3). I'm well aware you're referring to the amount of players on each, but using the argument "KZ2 isn't that great because why play it when you can play these games" is kind of weak, to be honest. That sounds like you're saying "Why play this, why not just go with the flow". Catch my drift?



Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Oh man leo predicted it xD Reach is failing!!