By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT: Halo reach falling behind, Epic mickey needs work, SMG2/RED DEAD = GOTY

The thing is Halo series do not need to do anything, it can sell millions based on the Halo name itself, even Kinect Halo will sell tons. Anyway Reach will be the LAST REAL HALO, so staying to the root is O.K. as a farewell letter to its fans. Lets hope Bungie will revolutionized gaming again with their next cross-platform outing.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
selnor said:
Mr Khan said:
selnor said:

ROFL. Reach not only eats Killzone in terms of features and content, but sheer playable scale to. 

I predict Reach will be GOTY on more than 80% of the review sites. 

Killzone 3 better than Reach. Oh wait England won the world cup.

Absolutely impossible. No one game will get across more than 20% of sites, there are far too many different value metrics that will apply to the GotY contenders this year.

Oh come on guys, I was splitting hairs. 

Of course I was exagerating, on purpose.

My point is, Killzone has never been a Halo both in game and sales. KZ2 didnt change that. All of a sudden people think theres an answer to Bungies masterpiece? It's ludicrous. 

Yes the game may be good. But not Halo. Reach looks phenominal. I know that styles can vary, but even so Halo is a game like no other. KZ is similar to alot of FPS's. And always will be. 

Halo cant be touched on what it achieves.

I believe Halo is similar to Unreal Tournament. I'm not too sure though.

It's nothing like UT.  It is slower, has less weapons, less strategy, less movement options...well you can see where I am going with this.

Well, they're similar in terms of arcade style, high jumping, fast pacing, etc, aren't they? I've only played UT on the PS2 and seen some videos of Halo so I really don't know.

Khuutra said:

"Too arcadey" my ass. That's the entire point, and it's why Halo is on top of the genre for consoles (in terms of awesomeness).

Thought stealer.

That's just not cool.  

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

People are just saying KZ is up there now, because it's a Sony title exclusive. 

It's not up there with it at all. It's good, but it's not in the cult good realm. 

And to those saying Halo would always sell. You have no idea. It's not just the sales. People dont continually play a game for 3 years non stop if the game is just ok and selling on name.

KZ will never be Halo.

Around the Network
selnor said:

It's not up there with it at all. It's good, but it's not in the cult good realm. 

And to those saying Halo would always sell. You have no idea. It's not just the sales. People dont continually play a game for 3 years non stop if the game is just ok and selling on name.

KZ will never be Halo.

And again I gotta say, if you want to play some truly good shootan games then you need to be on  PC. Halo can't shine PC shooter's shoes.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

selnor said:

KZ will never be Halo.

That's your opinion.

Yes, Halo is a very good game.

No, KZ will never be Halo.

Killzone is a good franchise.

Halo is a good franchise.

Mr. Shane trying to bash Halo is not so good, he's a Sony fan. (You heard it here first) (Right Geoff?) Let's not forget Keighley was super excited to have Halo: Reach at the Spike awards.

Long story short, everyone has their own opinion on which franchise is best (I believe it's Halo, and yes i do have a playstation 3 and killzone 2, and a playstation 2 and killzone 1, so don't come with that fanboy stuff.) So really, does it really matter what Mr. Shane thinks? He's no more important than the rest of the world.

selnor said:
Mr Khan said:
selnor said:

ROFL. Reach not only eats Killzone in terms of features and content, but sheer playable scale to. 

I predict Reach will be GOTY on more than 80% of the review sites. 

Killzone 3 better than Reach. Oh wait England won the world cup.

Absolutely impossible. No one game will get across more than 20% of sites, there are far too many different value metrics that will apply to the GotY contenders this year.

Oh come on guys, I was splitting hairs. 

Of course I was exagerating, on purpose.

My point is, Killzone has never been a Halo both in game and sales. KZ2 didnt change that. All of a sudden people think theres an answer to Bungies masterpiece? It's ludicrous. 

Yes the game may be good. But not Halo. Reach looks phenominal. I know that styles can vary, but even so Halo is a game like no other. KZ is similar to alot of FPS's. And always will be. 

Halo cant be touched on what it achieves.

The same way GT pwns Forza?

C'mon Selnor, lets play it fair. You can have one but not the other!

leatherhat said:
selnor said:

KZ will never be Halo.

And again I gotta say, if you want to play some truly good shootan games then you need to be on  PC. Halo can't shine PC shooter's shoes.

I wasnt comparing Halo to PC shooters ( which IMO are overated ). Played through the entirity of HL2 Ep 1 and 2 on PC. Team Fortress 2, UT2005 etc. 

No matter what is said I have the most 'FUN' with Halo 3. 

But regardless, I was poking down this illusion that KZ3 let alone KZ2 holds a candle to the sheer balance and playability of Halo. It doesnt. KZ2 got some good scores and did better than the first KZ. All of a sudden it's called Halo's equal by a select few? 

Even if In a persons opinion they prefer KZ, you cannot even put it in the same sport let alone league. The constant amount of daily players ( which is far far higher than KZ2 even though KZ2 is 2 years newer ) tells us this. 

KZ is a good game now, from the diabolicle first one. Lets not talk trash like it's above Halos league. LOL.