By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT: Halo reach falling behind, Epic mickey needs work, SMG2/RED DEAD = GOTY

themanwithnoname said:
Seece said:

"Shane satterfield, editor and chief of gametrailers, believes compared to KILLZONE 3, HALO REACH is very well behind and not just visually, but he believes it is far too arcady, in fact he considers it one of his biggest dissapointments at E3"

Lol fuck Shane satterfield, everyone else is fucking pumped for Reach.

oooh, is Shane that blonde twat? Yeah I watched the first ep of that bonus round and could tell he only talks shite.

Shane's the dude on the left. The blonde guy actually surprised me for picking Alan Wake as GOTY so far.

I just watched, shane's comments arnt that bad, still don't like the blond guy .....

Around the Network

feh. Of the major FPSes out there Halo is the only one that seems to realize its a video game. It shouldn't be asked to betray its spirit thus.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

"Too arcadey" my ass. That's the entire point, and it's why Halo is on top of the genre for consoles (in terms of awesomeness).

me2 goty.  anyone who disagrees will be getting acquainted to my very large drill :)

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I do wonder if Shane feels the same now (seen as this was filmed 4 weeks ago)

Around the Network

well I've never liked shane ever since his statement saying "If a game isn't original the highest score its getting is what Uncharted 2 and MGS4 got", then he ended up giving MWF2 a near perfect 10..

but he has some good opinions on somethings

mM
Seece said:

I do wonder if Shane feels the same now (seen as this was filmed 4 weeks ago)

He probably feels like a complete douche right about now after seeing forge world and all the Halo Reach shenanigans that have been announced.

leo-j said:

The latest gametrailers bonus round has a couple of reactions from E3, and GOTY choices thus far!

Shane satterfield, editor and chief of gametrailers, believes compared to KILLZONE 3, HALO REACH is very well behind and not just visually, but he believes it is far too arcady, in fact he considers it one of his biggest dissapointments at E3, this was in response to what one guy said about HALO REACH being the big jump from halo 2 to 360 that he had been waiting for.

Speaking of dissapoinments the entire Bonus round interviewers believes EPIC MICKEY was another one of the biggest dissapointments, saying that not only are the visuals very sub par(when watching it in person) but the camera  needs a lot of work, as does the gameplay.

They also were given choices to pick between GOTY candidates, Geoff said GOD OF WAR III due to how epic the game felt, Shane says SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 due to variety, the other two say RED DEAD and SMG2.

more here

After watching the video, it is fair to say U Sir are a LIAR!

One guy didn't like Halo, because it wasn't "realisitc" enough. WoW. Ever played Halo before?

The other guy said Alan Wake was his best GOTY so far.

Geoff never said what his GOTY is. He mentioned God of War 3, but he did mention Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 2 as well.

Seriously, you must have watched something different.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Halo has been miles behind Killzone in graphics, technology, multiplayer and realism since KZ2.

But very few actually care about those things. To many what's more important is:

- Controls/How it plays

-  Fun

And an overwhelming amount of people think that Halo nail those two points spot on. So, my point is that bringing realism and Killzone into a Halo discussion is irrelevant, because nobody in Halo world cares.

If they ever put iron sight aiming in Halo I will f***ing murder someone.  Shane is an idiot.