By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The DS just continues to crush the PSP, along with everything else

Even if the DS wouldent be , I dont see the PSP to sell much more in hardware ... software , probably , but the PSP would be at ~35 million IMO at this point . I have no idea where you read that article , because I visit all CNET gaming sites daily and no news even partially didnt made me think that they bealive that the PSP could become #1 .

Also , even with this awesome sales of the DS ( because in the entire history of gaming its now the best selling console ever ) the PSP can still stand on his own . And I dont mean N64 vs. PSone , I mean much batter ...

So , just because it sells batter , it doesnt crushes nothing really ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

better or worse?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kazadoom said:
The DS just cannot be stopped.  I cannot believe the numbers this thing is selling even now.  It sold 1.3 mil last week worldwide, and now it is over .5 mil before USA and Japan numbers come in.  This thing is a monster that cannot be stopped.  I thought it would start slowing down, but it seems to be steam rolling Christmas and will probably take the Christmas crown again this year.  Is there any stopping this machine.  I read some articles last week saying that the PSP could take the top spot, I think it was on CNET.  What a joke, the PSP will NEVER take the #1 spot from the DS.  Just thought I would get this off my chest for today.

PSp might not take no#1 spot but one has to give credit for how good the handheld is selling next to the DS (note: It has already passed the Gamecube's lifetime sales which is quite an accomplishment for Sony's 1st in Handheld world)

Only problem i have with PSP's is that their Software just doesn't sell like it should! (this doesn't count for some titles like Monster hunter portable, FF and MGS etc...)

THE NETHERLANDS

regin2005 said:
IMO, the only thing that actually has the power to stop the DS is the Wii.

Why does this quote remind me of a Dragonball Z fight?

Yes I probably have watched too much DBZ in my lifetime.

"Vegeta couldn't beat Android 18 as a Super Saiyan!"

"Hmph! Then I will ascend."

"VEGETA!!"

"*Gasp* The only one who has the power to stop Cell is Super Vegeta!"

"What? Over 9000?!"

*Dramatic musical effect*

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

johnlucas said:
regin2005 said:

"VEGETA!!"

"What? Over 9000?!"

John Lucas

that are more fights combined, right?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:
kazadoom said:
The DS just cannot be stopped. I cannot believe the numbers this thing is selling even now. It sold 1.3 mil last week worldwide, and now it is over .5 mil before USA and Japan numbers come in. This thing is a monster that cannot be stopped. I thought it would start slowing down, but it seems to be steam rolling Christmas and will probably take the Christmas crown again this year. Is there any stopping this machine. I read some articles last week saying that the PSP could take the top spot, I think it was on CNET. What a joke, the PSP will NEVER take the #1 spot from the DS. Just thought I would get this off my chest for today.

PSp might not take no#1 spot but one has to give credit for how good the handheld is selling next to the DS (note: It has already passed the Gamecube's lifetime sales which is quite an accomplishment for Sony's 1st in Handheld world)

Only problem i have with PSP's is that their Software just doesn't sell like it should! (this doesn't count for some titles like Monster hunter portable, FF and MGS etc...)

I understand why they don't sell though :P I've said it before and I'll say it again! I HATE handheld gaming >< I honestly can't sit there and stare at my screen for hours at a time, and on most day's I just don't have the time. PSP games don't seem geared for quick sessions, they seem more aimed at the type that want to sit down and play a game for the sake of gaming, not necesarrily to kill time. And if I was given the option to sit down and play something on my PSP, or my PS3, well I know where I'm going :P My Ex girlfriend has 200 something pirated games on her DS and the only one she plays is Brain Age, the PSP doesn't have many quick pick n' play titles. The one I can think of that I've played for hours in short sessions would be Lumines, I own Gran Theft Auto, Final Fantasy Tactics, Valkryie profile, FF 1 + 2, and I'm going to own the Star Oceans when they come out, but I honestly don't play them very often if at all. Maybe someday :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Kyros said:

bah the ds doesn't crush anything. The other consoles do not sell less because of the DS (apart from the PSP of course). Its just a different market. Good for Nintendo but pretty much irrelevant to Wii/PS3/360. We could also talk about cell phones crushing the DS because they sell much more and can play games.

but yes DS sales are amazing, although software sales do not keep up outside of Japan.

I just bought a DS-lite and it put off Xbox 360 desires for probably at least 6 months. There are so many good games for the DS, and this will allow me to reeavluate which console to buy when the PS3 finally has some big name exclusives out that I want (Uncharted is the first one I really like the idea of). If Microsoft has their Xbox 360 reliability issue addressed by then, they may get my sale. But I think it's more likely that Sony will have good exclusives out than Microsoft will have fixed their crashing consoles.

The DS is also drawing support away from the Playstation family, including the PS2.  Square-Enix's flagship US release for the holiday was the FFXII release for the DS-lite.  Judging by reviews, it's a good one. 

ChronotriggerJM said:
StarcraftManiac said:
kazadoom said:
The DS just cannot be stopped. I cannot believe the numbers this thing is selling even now. It sold 1.3 mil last week worldwide, and now it is over .5 mil before USA and Japan numbers come in. This thing is a monster that cannot be stopped. I thought it would start slowing down, but it seems to be steam rolling Christmas and will probably take the Christmas crown again this year. Is there any stopping this machine. I read some articles last week saying that the PSP could take the top spot, I think it was on CNET. What a joke, the PSP will NEVER take the #1 spot from the DS. Just thought I would get this off my chest for today.

I understand why they don't sell though :P I've said it before and I'll say it again! I HATE handheld gaming >I honestly can't sit there and stare at my screen for hours at a time, and on most day's I just don't have the time. PSP games don't seem geared for quick sessions, they seem more aimed at the type that want to sit down and play a game for the sake of gaming, not necesarrily to kill time. And if I was given the option to sit down and play something on my PSP, or my PS3, well I know where I'm going :P My Ex girlfriend has 200 something pirated games on her DS and the only one she plays is Brain Age, the PSP doesn't have many quick pick n' play titles. The one I can think of that I've played for hours in short sessions would be Lumines, I own Gran Theft Auto, Final Fantasy Tactics, Valkryie profile, FF 1 + 2, and I'm going to own the Star Oceans when they come out, but I honestly don't play them very often if at all. Maybe someday :P

I'm confused with the bolded statements.

TWRoO said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
StarcraftManiac said:
kazadoom said:

I understand why they don't sell though :P I've said it before and I'll say it again! I HATE handheld gaming >< I honestly can't sit there and stare at my screen for hours at a time, and on most day's I just don't have the time. PSP games don't seem geared for quick sessions, they seem more aimed at the type that want to sit down and play a game for the sake of gaming, not necesarrily to kill time. And if I was given the option to sit down and play something on my PSP, or my PS3, well I know where I'm going :P My Ex girlfriend has 200 something pirated games on her DS and the only one she plays is Brain Age, the PSP doesn't have many quick pick n' play titles. The one I can think of that I've played for hours in short sessions would be Lumines, I own Gran Theft Auto, Final Fantasy Tactics, Valkryie profile, FF 1 + 2, and I'm going to own the Star Oceans when they come out, but I honestly don't play them very often if at all. Maybe someday :P

I'm confused with the bolded statements.

Whats confusing? ^_^ I haven't purchased many PSP games because I don't like to sit there and play them for hours on end :P Handheld gaming for me is much more casual, the DS offers MANY casual games, not so much on the PSP. 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

kirby007 said:
johnlucas said:
regin2005 said:

"VEGETA!!"

"What? Over 9000?!"

John Lucas

that are more fights combined, right?

Nah, I was just doing some DBZ riffs. These aren't exact quotes. Just DBZ-esque sayings. Stuff that sounds like what would be said in the show. Tying that in with regin2005's quote about Wii beating DS. Sounded like a DBZ kind of line to me.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!