By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Gamerace said:

Even given price drop and Slim release I'm surprised to see such continued robost sales for the 360 at this point in it's lifetime.

Especially with no games of note and the weakness line-up for the rest of the year.    While Wii has nothing to fear longterm, this show of  strength from the 360 pretty much ends any hopes of PS3 ever overtaking it (while both continue to be sold). 

sir?

For the Hardcore:

• Halo Reach
  • Fable III
  • NFS Hot Pursuit 2
  • Black Ops
  • Mafia II
  • Medal of Honor
  • Assassins Creed Brotherhood
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Star Wars Force Unleashed II
  • Dead Rising II
  • Crysis 2
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow

For the Casuals:

• Dance Central
  • Kinectimals
  • Kinect Sports
  • Kinect Adventures
  • Your Shape Fitness Evolved
  • Rock Band 3
  • Joy Ride
  • EA Sports Active 2

2011 so far

• Star Wars Kinect
  • Gears of War 3
  • Devils Third
  • Kingdom
  • LA Noire
  • Bulletstorm
  • Forza Kinect
  • Ghost Recon Future Soldier
  • RAGE

This is just a quick look at some of the games that will be released on the Xbox 360 this year or early next. This is not a weak lineup in any way.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Good for everybody, especially the 360, its has very veyr good momentum, maybe even better then the ps3 since halo reach is just around the corner

and the psp is a sinkng time bomb, not really sure if it has to do with either the psp go or just people prefer the consoles.

I really think M$ has done it right with the new 360, it has more storage, wi-fi, and runs quiter, a godo recipe for success. So who really needs blu-ray when u have that much storage in ur hands, and how many games do really need multiple discs to play on.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Damn, X360 is on fire. I cant believe how well is selling. This holiday season might be the most interesting one so far.

I wonder if Nintendo has something (hardware-wise) to counter attack both slims (?)

zgamer5 said:
Reach said:

When Halo Reach Arrives i expect a big boost for new 360s... Than Black Ops and Fable 3 will keep momentum Alive and ofc Kinect with Kinect Sports and so on...

So 360 will Be the king of Americas this Holidays especially after 360s Arcade comes out and the Big Guns (Reach , Fable 3 & black Ops).me 

lol you obviously don't know a lot about sales, what can halo reach do add in 7k-10k when it comes out, if the 360 does get a boost it will be because pf the holiday season same for fable 3, halo 3 and fable 2 already came out this gen. u do know black ops is multiplat, it wont bring any boost, but if 360 gets a boost its from kinect, and for the arcade s it will boost sales but not by much its 4gb, also anyone who wants an s will get the current one.

Personally i will now be waiting to get a Halo Reach bundle with the new console. I gurantee you there will be lot's of people thinking the same. Reach will not boost numbers like Halo 3 did but it will have an effect on people who already own a 360 wanting to upgrade. Reach/Fable or Gears will be the games people will upgrade for.

selnor said:
PakChiuCheng said:

With Xbox 360s I think the gap between the 360 and the PS3 can potentially widen to 6 million.

I fully expect 7 million by Jan 1st.

I doubt 6 million and let me break down why. In 2008 360 outsold PS3 by 1.3 million. PS3 sold 9.7 million and 360 11 million. Now read my post here:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3540679

With 360 having just that little bit less support from Japan and PS3 having almost infinitely more support compared to 2008 it's almost mathematically impossible for 360 to outsell PS3 during the holiday. In 2008 PS3 sold 1 million in Japan, it will likely pass that before the end of August and will probably have already beaten 2009's numbers by the first week of December. June's NPD and this week's EMEAA sales showed that even with a new 360 model MS can't kill Sony's momentum like in 2008.  Where 360 will probably beat 2008 by about 500k-1 million, PS3 will probably beat 2008 by about 3-3.5 million. Also you have to consider that the gap that we have 2009 starting at (5.97) is most likely a bit off. Based on the relatively small amount of stock we have 360 at at the end of Q1 and the relatively large amount of stock that PS3 had I think we're under tracking PS3 slightly. Most likely the difference comes from Australia, and maybe a bit from Canada and Asia. Those PES numbers kind of made me wonder about Latin America too.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=113213&page=1&str=1419020227#

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Gamerace said:

Even given price drop and Slim release I'm surprised to see such continued robost sales for the 360 at this point in it's lifetime.

Especially with no games of note and the weakness line-up for the rest of the year.    While Wii has nothing to fear longterm, this show of  strength from the 360 pretty much ends any hopes of PS3 ever overtaking it (while both continue to be sold). 

sir?

For the Hardcore:

• Halo Reach
  • Fable III
  • NFS Hot Pursuit 2
  • Black Ops
  • Mafia II
  • Medal of Honor
  • Assassins Creed Brotherhood
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Star Wars Force Unleashed II
  • Dead Rising II
  • Crysis 2
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow

For the Casuals:

• Dance Central
  • Kinectimals
  • Kinect Sports
  • Kinect Adventures
  • Your Shape Fitness Evolved
  • Rock Band 3
  • Joy Ride
  • EA Sports Active 2

2011 so far

• Star Wars Kinect
  • Gears of War 3
  • Devils Third
  • Kingdom
  • LA Noire
  • Bulletstorm
  • Forza Kinect
  • Ghost Recon Future Soldier
  • RAGE

This is just a quick look at some of the games that will be released on the Xbox 360 this year or early next. This is not a weak lineup in any way.

I wasn't trying to suggest their wasn't good games coming out, but when it comes to system sales, generally only exclusives matter and anyone who loves Halo or Fable already has a 360.   Hard to comment on Kinect stuff, looks like Wii knock-offs and hard to predict how they'll actually do.   Generally, no where's near the originals.  Dance Central seems to be the one to watch, but it needs to distinquish itself from Just Dance and DDR or people won't pay it attention.

Whereas the metaton GT5 is finally releasing on PS3 which is definitely a system seller and Wii has Wii Play, and the return of Kirby, Donkey Kong Country, Goldeneye, and NBA Jam none of which have seen a console release in ages and therefore may pull in people who've yet to buy a Wii.

Hyruken said:

Personally i will now be waiting to get a Halo Reach bundle with the new console. I gurantee you there will be lot's of people thinking the same. Reach will not boost numbers like Halo 3 did but it will have an effect on people who already own a 360 wanting to upgrade. Reach/Fable or Gears will be the games people will upgrade for.

i did say 7k-10k for the opening week did i? anyone who wants to upgrade will or already will, considering 360 sales i don't think that a lot of people are waiting for halo reach-fable3-gears 3.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

There will be a Reach bump due to limited edition Reach Slims.

No doubt, I really want to upgrade BUT I'm waiting for a Reach edition.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

kowenicki said:

360 has sold 625,313 in th Americas in the last 5 weeks.

Thats just incredible.

In the middle of the summer. Yes, incredible.