By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

XB360 seems born again, I wouldn't be surprised if MS announced a portable too, now.

Yes, It's too early to see the trend (BTW, where did VGC chart tools go?), and PS3 manages to take no damage even during XB's strongest weeks, so it will be a strong competitors when it will fire its big guns, but it's quite likely that even in the worst case, when the launch surge settles down, XB360S average sales will remain nicely above the values they settled around after last Xmas.

Wii resists and it's still above PS3, but we were used to see it taking no damage from MS, let's say it: it's still the strongest, but we expect more from it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

When Halo Reach Arrives i expect a big boost for new 360s... Than Black Ops and Fable 3 will keep momentum Alive and ofc Kinect with Kinect Sports and so on...

So 360 will Be the king of Americas this Holidays especially after 360s Arcade comes out and the Big Guns (Reach , Fable 3 & black Ops).

*Weird my comments were missing*

*take 2*

With the way that console relaunches have provide a timely boost to stale hardware sales you wonder how long it will be before Nintendo gets in on the fun.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Alby_da_Wolf said:

XB360 seems born again, I wouldn't be surprised if MS announced a portable too, now.

Yes, It's too early to see the trend (BTW, where did VGC chart tools go?), and PS3 manages to take no damage even during XB's strongest weeks, so it will be a strong competitors when it will fire its big guns, but it's quite likely that even in the worst case, when the launch surge settles down, XB360S average sales will remain nicely above the values they settled around after last Xmas.

Wii resists and it's still above PS3, but we were used to see it taking no damage from MS, let's say it: it's still the strongest, but we expect more from it.

A Ms portable would be.. meh imo a bunch of rehashes

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

FlyingLotus said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

A Ms portable would be.. meh imo a bunch of rehashes

I would never buy it, but I know what MS marketing can do when they are in the right mood, and nothing puts them in a better mood than smashing competitors like they are doing now.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

and that in the summertime, amazing

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Great, great 360 sales. The only negative for MSFT about this is based on the software IE RDR increasing by 2k for both PS3 and 360, no significant software bumps lately sans the obvious Fifa bump, etc. Theyre not adding to their XBL/userbase with the slim.

Im sure the margin on the remodel is a pretty penny regardless though so regardless of who is buying them its probably great for MSFT's revenue.

wow these numbers are unbelievable for the middle of summertime.  If the 360 can manage sales like this during this time of year with no huge releases just imagine what it will do over the holidays with Halo Reach, Fable 3, Call of Duty Black Ops, Kinect, and the new Slim Arcade launching.  Could we possibly see the 360s at its 6th straight 100k plus week in the America's?

Microsoft must be screaming with joy finnally taking down the PS3 Slim.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Reach said:

Can M$ Steal Japan for this holidays with some BlockBuster ?

Almost certainly impossible.  The 360s and the clearance of the existing 360 model did nothing there.  Seems pretty clear now the short spike (only to around 17K) was for having a Monster Hunter title on the platform.

There is no way MS could conjure a title so attractive given the lack of interest in the 360s that it would overpower the Wii or PS3 locally.

The only chance I can see, and I think it's very, very slim chance at that, is Kinect, but the general feeling I get is that the market has already decided that Kinect needs to much space, etc. to work well for most Japanese.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...