By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What were the expectations of the Slim launch on the boards?  Is it meeting, exceeding, or missing them?

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:

What were the expectations of the Slim launch on the boards?  Is it meeting, exceeding, or missing them?

i'd say exceeding.

PakChiuCheng said:

With Xbox 360s I think the gap between the 360 and the PS3 can potentially widen to 6 million.

I fully expect 7 million by Jan 1st.

JaggedSac said:

Exceeding - at least for US/Others.  Japan seems to have been a wash but only a few optimistic souls expected otherwise.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

it's times like these when i really wish we still had the charting feature...

./sigh

Around the Network

300k woow WTF Epic!

Can M$ Steal Japan for this holidays with some BlockBuster ?

It's sad to see Wii momentum down and 360 momentum up...

Outside of that, nothing new. PSP under 15k, DS over 100k, PS3 over 50k etc.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Reach said:

Can M$ Steal Japan for this holidays with some BlockBuster ?

No. Japan supports japanese companies.. and besides I don't think they like western games very much

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

Even given price drop and Slim release I'm surprised to see such continued robost sales for the 360 at this point in it's lifetime.

Especially with no games of note and the weakness line-up for the rest of the year.    While Wii has nothing to fear longterm, this show of  strength from the 360 pretty much ends any hopes of PS3 ever overtaking it (while both continue to be sold).