By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Official Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty thread!

so how are people finding the latest patch? 

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.1.2

General

• Players will no longer receive achievement toasts while their status is set to "Busy."
• The messaging when attempting to load a saved game or replay from a previous version has been clarified.
• Adjusted the amount of points earned and lost by random team participants to properly reflect the strength of a player's teammates.

Balance

• PROTOSS

o Buildings

• Nexus life and shields increased from 750/750 to 1000/1000.

o Void Ray

• Damage level 1 increased from 5 to 6 ( 4 armored).
• Damage level 2 decreased from 10 ( 15 armored) to 8 ( 8 armored).
• Flux Vanes speed upgrade bonus decreased from 1.125 to 0.703.

• TERRAN

o Buildings

• Barracks requirement changed from Command Center to Supply Depot.
• Supply Depot life increased from 350 to 400.

o Medivac

• Acceleration reduced from 2.315 to 2.25.
• Speed reduced from 2.75 to 2.5.

o Reaper

• Nitro Packs speed upgrade now has a Factory Requirement.

o Thor

• Energy bar removed.
• 250mm Strike Cannons is now cooldown-based on a 50-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown available (useable immediately after upgrade is researched).

• ZERG

o Buildings

• Hatchery life increased from 1250 to 1500.
• Lair life increased from 1800 to 2000.
• Spawning Pool life increased from 750 to 1000.
• Spire life increased from 600 to 850.
• Ultralisk Cavern life increased from 600 to 850.

o Corruptor

• Energy bar removed.
• Corruption is now cooldown-based on a 45-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown expired (must wait for full 45-second cycle before usable).

o Infestor

• Fungal Growth now prevents Blink.

o Roach

• Range increased from 3 to 4.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where players could not cast the Feedback spell on Point Defense Drones.
• Fixed an issue where the Phoenix would continue to channel Graviton Beam after the target died.
• Fixed an issue that would cause Larvae to spawn and be hidden behind Zerg eggs.
• Fixed an issue where players were unable to navigate to the Single Player page or watch replays after canceling map downloads from the queue.
• Fixed a desync that could occur on user-created maps with custom mod dependencies.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

I wonder if this will be the last consecutive patch to nerf Terran.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Four all-new Blizzard-crafted StarCraft II custom maps are making their debut at BlizzCon 2010: Aiur Chef, Left 2 Die, StarJeweled, and Blizzard DOTA!

Aiur Chef
A three-round cooking extravaganza! Aiur Chef takes you to a remote area of the planet Aiur, where aspiring zealot chefs skilled in the arts of cooking and killing compete for the title of Executor Chef.

Left 2 Die
Team up with a friend to fend off a new strain of zerg infestation in this epic co-op take on the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty campaign mission "Outbreak."

StarJeweled
Test your wits in this puzzler, which challenges you to match jewels according to color to gain energy, train troops, and crush your enemy's base.

Blizzard DOTA
Wage war with the most powerful heroes from Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes in this explosive new multiplayer game.

These four maps will be available to StarCraft II players for free via Battle.net at some point in the future, but BlizzCon attendees are able to play in-development versions in Hall B of the Anaheim Convention Center on both days of the show.

If you're attending BlizzCon this week or watching at home via the BlizzCon 2010 Virtual Ticket, be sure to check out the StarCraft II Custom Maps and Editor and StarCraft II Art panels to learn more about how each of these epic custom maps were created. The StarCraft II Custom Maps and Editor panel begins Friday at 3 p.m. PDT on the Main Stage, and StarCraft II Art panel begins at 12 p.m. PDT on Saturday on the Development Stage.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

a look at SC2 balance 

Following the StarCraft II Art Panel, attendees were treated to an inside look at balancing StarCraft II’s multiplayer game with Game Director Dustin Browder, Senior Designer Josh Menke, and Associate Game Balance Designers David Kim and Matt Cooper. 

The StarCraft II developers feel that it’s important to take a look at the various tools that are employed in defining balance. At first, each one of these tools looks like it could be the one answer you need -- but it becomes clear over time that no single tool provides the perfect solution to balance. Instead, it takes multiple tools and a complete understanding of what those tools tell the designers. So what tools do the developers use?

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/994847

@TheVoxelman on twitter

some more info on the new official custom maps, can't wait to play some of these

http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/88213#blog

http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/88212#blog

http://kotaku.com/5671187/a-visual-guide-to-starcraft-iis-new-custom-modes

http://kotaku.com/5670969/blizzard-to-release-starcraft-ii-mods-left-2-die-starjeweled--more

http://kotaku.com/5672072/starjeweled-hands on--the-competition-gets-casual

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network

HELP ON ZERG

Hi all,

I play zerg, I m a silver going gold player but I m facing a new difficulty.

Basically, I know understand and try to masterize the idea of "DRONING ALL THE GAME" to get a good economy
and do not spend larva in useless unit.
At the end, my army is often ridiculous and I just continue to macro until I scout an attack and then start to make more unit (of course, it depends how the enemy harass me ...)

My problem is that I have usually far too much mineral and I m not able to spend it properly (since I dont want to spend this mineral in useless gling for example)

How can I basically improve myself and better manage mineral without making useless unit AND continue droning ?

Time to Work !

libellule said:

HELP ON ZERG

Hi all,

Basically, I know understand and try to masterize the idea of "DRONING ALL THE GAME" to get a good economy
At the end, my army is often ridiculous and I just continue to macro until I scout an attack and then start to make more unit (of course, it depends how the enemy harass me ...)

My problem is that I have usually far too much mineral and I m not able to spend it properly (since I dont want to spend this mineral in useless gling for example)

How can I basically improve myself and better manage mineral without making useless unit AND continue droning ?

What do you mean useless unit?  Attacking units arent useless. 

If you have an expand, throw up a 3rd hatch and get another queen to larva it.  Pump hydra/ling or muta/ling.  Use mutas to harrass the drone line and run lings in front.

Get creative, try different builds, but you should always be producing both drones and attacking units.

Epoch said:
libellule said:

HELP ON ZERG

Hi all,

What do you mean useless unit?  Attacking units arent useless. 

If you have an expand, throw up a 3rd hatch and get another queen to larva it.  Pump hydra/ling or muta/ling.  Use mutas to harrass the drone line and run lings in front.

Get creative, try different builds, but you should always be producing both drones and attacking units.

well, basically, I m lacking larva ...

and by "useless" I mean : you should avoid spending too much larva on "low unit" when you dont need them and, at place, you should focus on getting more drone out that will allow you to boost your eco AND build bigger unit later

Time to Work !

i need help how do you activate the game client

Trentonater said:

i need help how do you activate the game client

I assume you bought the game retail if so check page 6-7 of the manual.

but basic instructions are, go to battle.net website, click on account on the top right of the page, log onto your account click on Add Game and enter your game key. The key is located on your disk slip if you bought retail I imagine they would email the key if you bought digital.

Hope that helps 

@TheVoxelman on twitter