By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Female protagonist? What do you think?

I was looking for information about WET (it's going to be on sale tomorrow for 10$ and I might be interested) on gamefags boards when I found a board about female protagonist in games. Look at the replies :

LeoRuoska
Posted 11/8/2009 12:26:31 PM
Well, based on real world facts women are indeed the weaker sex and the crimes they commit are often not the massacring sort. Meaning it's guys who seem to do the dirty work and are physically much better suited for that stuff.

So from that angle I can see why some people find the female protagonist to be unrealistic or something. I just don't think it matters since this game has nothing to with reality. Or almost any other video game for that matter.

SCCAN85
Posted 11/9/2009 11:18:22 PM
^ I think that's what turns me off to the game. It's a subconscious effect though, I don't think about it but when I played the demo it just feels wrong. Like none of this stuff would/could ever happen. Granted I haven't played the game but for some reason I can't play a female lead for most games. It's weird, but whatever I've tried a couple of times and it's just not for me.

I love games with female protagonist (strong, independant and non sexualised ones :3). I loved Mirror's Edge's Faith, Metroid's Samus, all Resident Evil female characters (exept for the 4th one), etc. I prefer when I'm able play as female lead character, It's different. I'm tired of extreme bald space marines (exept for Cortez!) and typical Emo kids. (OT: Talking of Emo kids, did you ever noticed they looks like girls but they are always stronger than them?)
Anyway, what do you think about it? Do you like female lead characters? Does it make you unconfortable? Does it look unrealistic because they are to strong? Does it makes you mad?!

Around the Network

i don't really mind either way, but if I had to pick one it would definitely be a guy.

Samus Aran also being one of my favorite female protagonists. 

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

i am not too keen on thm.

i find it hard to relate to chrcter, lightning was cool tho bt she wsnt really the main chrcter (if we want to get technicl)

I think its fun to play as a Girl lead, just because it doesn't happen a lot. This kind of reminds me of Sin & Punishment; Star Successor. The girl has Automatic targetting and weaker attacks, and the boy has much stringer attacks.

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Women are put to great use in God Of War.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

And sum "banned" jpnese DS games

KylieDog said:

They cannot even punch boulders while inside volcanos.  They suck.

lol, but we're talking about Chris right? He's not human, he's donkey kong's cousin. That doesn't count! "O"

AkibaFan said:
hatmoza said:

And sum "banned" jpnese DS games

And sum jpnese games

Fixed hahaha

I have three favorite ones and all of them are from the Xeno series.

Elly(Elhaym) from Xenogears

and

Shion and Kos-Mos from Xenosaga series

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I enjoyed some Tomnb Raider games but in general I find it awkward with female heroes because it simply feels too unrealistic. (more unrealistic than male heroes).

In RPG's I never create female characters, only men.