By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Female protagonist? What do you think?

Always enjoyed Female Leads.  They can be just as good/bad as male ones.

Difference is when they are overly sexualized it makes us happy :)

Some good ones:

Chris Lightfellow - Suikoden 3

Jade - Beyond Good and Evil

Virigina Maxwell - Wild Arms 3

There are plenty more, but those are my favorites

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

I will go out of my way to buy any game that has a female character.  The only reason I didn't buy X-Blades is because it had a shitty demo.  And I STILL may end up buying it if the price dips just a little bit more.  Some examples of games I knew were shit but I bought/enjoyed simply because of the female lead character:

Rogue Ops

Danger Girl

Red Ninja

Golden Axe Beast Rider

Onechanbara Bikini Zombie Slayers

Onechanbara Bikini Samurai Squad

Kameo (which turned out to be pretty awesome)

Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2

Outlaw Volleyball

Beach Spikers (which turned out to be awesome)

Tomb Raider (every single one that ever existed)

Rumble Roses XX

BMX XXX

Splinter Cell Conviction (solely for the downloadable female spy)

Mark of the Kri

Stolen

Tehra (PSP Mini and blight on the face of humanity)

IllBleed

Super Princess Peach

--And given the option to create a female in any game from Tony Hawk to Fable 2 to WWE to Mass Effect to Dragon Age, I'm going to instantly create the sluttiest looking woman I can possibly make and send her on her way!

I'm not kidding when I say this:  I go to the video games store and specifically look for games with a female lead character.  If I can't find one, then I look for games that allow me to make a female character.  Then, I look for the AAA games that I don't own.  I will literally buy a mediocre game with a female lead before I buy a AAA game with a male lead.  Gears of War 3 features a good game AND hot women.  My head will explode!

you're a man after my own heart

iKANNIBAL said:

@ Pokeclaudel Ahh i found the video, mind telling me where you saw Nathan Drake pulling this feat off? In some cases dudes win but in many cases chicks win, and this is one of em, Lara eats Nathan for breakfast, if you actualy compare their movements Nathan Drake has a clumsy way of making jumps and what not and he often times just barely escapes falling or death, Lara definately has more grace and is much more acrobatic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-hrWPDcLjA&feature=fvw

Agreed.  Nathan ripped 90% of his moves from Lara in Tomb Raider Legend but by Anniversary, she'd kicked it up a notch again.   I've played Legend multiple times on the PS2, 360, and PSP (100% each time!) and I've played Underworld from start to finish at least five times on the 360.  I only played Uncharted 1 and 2 to completion, once.

Eh, I couldn't care less if I had to play as either sex. But if I had a choice, it'd be male first, then female if I wanted to go through another playthrough(which I rarely do)

I've always prefered Female characters as the main protagonists :P And I hope Stella is at least a playable character in Final Fantasy Versus XIII :D if so, then I'll always pick her over Noctis ^_^

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Around the Network

I not only like to play with them in gams, but I also like to dress like them.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I prefer female protagonist for many reason.

1) The majority of main characters in book/movie/game are guys. It's like eating spaghetti withThe same tomato sauce over and over again. When the protagonist is a woman it's like a different sauce it taste better.

2) Women stereotype are less annoying.

See the american 'Gear of Awesome' & Japanese 'Awesome Fantasy' stereotype.

3) When I play something (Game or D&D) I want or create a character who is  different from me, I want a different experience. So I create strong and independent female character with ambition.

Sequel I want the most :

Patapon 3 , Elite beat Agent 2 , ROTK 12 , Mother 4, Legend of legaia      3, Resident Evil outbreak 3.

Favorite Youtube poop        McDonnald                 Morshu              

d21lewis said:
iKANNIBAL said:

@ Pokeclaudel Ahh i found the video, mind telling me where you saw Nathan Drake pulling this feat off? In some cases dudes win but in many cases chicks win, and this is one of em, Lara eats Nathan for breakfast, if you actualy compare their movements Nathan Drake has a clumsy way of making jumps and what not and he often times just barely escapes falling or death, Lara definately has more grace and is much more acrobatic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-hrWPDcLjA&feature=fvw

Agreed.  Nathan ripped 90% of his moves from Lara in Tomb Raider Legend but by Anniversary, she'd kicked it up a notch again.   I've played Legend multiple times on the PS2, 360, and PSP (100% each time!) and I've played Underworld from start to finish at least five times on the 360.  I only played Uncharted 1 and 2 to completion, once.

I'm actualy considering renting all of the Tomb Raiders this gen, i don't think ive played the franchise since PS1.

Comparing even more Female protagonist to their male counterparts, Bayonetta would kick both Dante's & Kratos ass D:

I prefer female , If I can choose I always go with female characters.

Heavenly sword is awesome btw

I have always said with the proper training anyone can beat anyone, the whole females are too weak compared to men is to me complete bullshit