By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Female protagonist? What do you think?

Khuutra said:
pearljammer said:
Khuutra said:

I have to agree with you in general here, but I'm curious:

Have you played Knights of the Old Republic II? Forgive me if we've spoken about this befoe, but if you have I'd like to know what you think of Kreia.

I'm actually playing it now (it's been on and off the past few months due to some PC issues - I've been meaning to catch up again the past week or so) I'm not very far, so it'd be presumptuous to speak on her character.

However, I can say with certainty that I prefer this miles over KOTOR.

I'll have to get back to you on it.

Please do. I won't taint your expectations with my own opinion, but I am eager to hear what you think.

...Light Side or Dark Side?

The meter is about 3/4 full - Light Side.

I'm fairly early in the game, I believe. I'm trying to locate my ship, the Ebon Hawk on Telos.

Around the Network

Ultimately the only time i have a bias against female leads is when i'm creating my own character for an MMO-ish game (like PSO or Monster Hunter), and then it's simply because i've always felt it rather deceptive to cultivate the idea for other users that i might actually be a girl...

Otherwise i don't care. Make a good character or good gameplay (or both) and i'll do whatever.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

pearljammer said:
Khuutra said:

Please do. I won't taint your expectations with my own opinion, but I am eager to hear what you think.

...Light Side or Dark Side?

The meter is about 3/4 full - Light Side.

I'm fairly early in the game, I believe. I'm trying to locate my ship, the Ebon Hawk on Telos.

...You went Light Side very quickly.

I recommend a Dark Side run later, if only because this is one of the rareg ames where your choices really change how other characters look at you.

Khuutra said:

...You went Light Side very quickly.

I recommend a Dark Side run later, if only because this is one of the rareg ames where your choices really change how other characters look at you.

So I've noticed. I started up just since this conversation and I talked to Kriea... She's really hounding my naivety.

I typically do with these types of games. I usually play to both extremes on different playthroughs; most recently with Mass Effect 2, however it didn't make much diference.

pearljammer said:

So I've noticed. I started up just since this conversation and I talked to Kriea... She's really hounding my naivety.

I typically do with these types of games. I usually play to both extremes on different playthroughs; most recently with Mass Effect 2, however it didn't make much diference.

Yeah; if you go Light Side it's very easy to just see her as a character who leans Dark Side, and you don't really understand more than that until much later.

Mass Effect is kind of different in how you gain loyalty, but I thin that probably comes down to differences between the necessity of the second game in a trilogy versus a (mostly) standalone game handled by an entirely different team compared to the first one.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
pearljammer said:

Yeah; if you go Light Side it's very easy to just see her as a character who leans Dark Side, and you don't really understand more than that until much later.

Mass Effect is kind of different in how you gain loyalty, but I thin that probably comes down to differences between the necessity of the second game in a trilogy versus a (mostly) standalone game handled by an entirely different team compared to the first one.

I'll be definitely making a second playthrough. Typically, how long is a playthrough?

True. I hope that in the third game your decisions will be more consequential.

pearljammer said:
Khuutra said:

I'll be definitely making a second playthrough. Typically, how long is a playthrough?

True. I hope that in the third game your decisions will be more consequential.

It's comparable in length to the first game; not overlong, generally good for multiple playthroughs.

I didn't mean to imply that there aren't consequences for your actions; you can do certain things in ME2 that change the way characters look at you and themselves (Tali and Garrus's missions come to mind), it's just that Sith Lords takes the fredom of its position and goes buck-wild with it. In a way, KotOR3 probably can't exist in the sense that ME2 does because even with what happens if you do badly in the Suicide Run (you know what I mean) there's still easy lead-ins for continuity. KotOR2 throws all that out of the window.

Ah, I apologize, I'm getting off-topic.

Do you play KotOR as male or female?

Haha. I play as a male. I'd like to get started again on it, but I'm heading out for the weekend (lots of DQ IX).

Mass Effect, I've played as both. I preferred Jennifer Hale’s voice acting to Mark Meer's.

I may do just the same on my second playthrough of KotOR2.

@iKANNIBAL

Ok I have Tomb raider Anniversary and I didn't like those sequences at all. It was pointless and tried to make Lara seem like some mega action chick when your just exploring the enviorment and solving puzzles 90% of the game. That said I also enjoyed playing princess peach in SMB2

I hate the way VGchartz is now, people can't see if the comment they made have been quoted. It's sad, I want people to reply, like the unrealistic guy.