By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story trailer FINALLY HERE!

looks outstanding in every way, i cant wait too play this game. after this game he better give me my lost odyssey 2. 

i will get this game on launch day for sure, will get xenobalde for sure too. but this game gives that lost odyssey vibe and appeal , which makes me a very happy camper since i loved lost odyssey so very much.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

The last story's combat system looks awesome, I don't play terribly many RPG's due to being the proud owner of solely a wii. However, i have watched video of very many RPG's both western and eastern, and I think Last Story's action/combat system is amazing. I would love to know how deep it goes - because the surface details released in that video are quite awesome.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

looks outstanding in every way, i cant wait too play this game. after this game he better give me my lost odyssey 2. 

i will get this game on launch day for sure, will get xenobalde for sure too. but this game gives that lost odyssey vibe and appeal , which makes me a very happy camper since i loved lost odyssey so very much.

yea please lost odyssey 2 lol

The cover mechianc looks pretty cool. Back flippin' crossbowin' awesomeness.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

THis game looks really good. I am getting this because of the intriguing gameplay mechanics. If it were another RPG then I would not care.

Around the Network

This looks outstanding technically although i would agree with those who thought it was a bit "gray" and needs more color but if we think in terms of RE4 and such games then it can only be a good thing especially with the great lighting that was done in the castle parts of that game . The town or city footage looked the most interesting to me and places to explore like that would be more than welcome.

I would like to see more of it especially the world itself but suffice to say that I'm interested. Story wise I don't really care as long as they don't bog it down too much with corny stuff, love stories and bla bla bla although the name suggests that it will be prominent so fingers crossed here. Game play looks fun and action packed with the take cover, sneak, point and shoot parts using the pointer being the standouts and if the developers can cram in many interesting choices for us to make than we're onto a winner. There is a craving for games like this on the Wii, games with depth and great content so I'll be watching this.

This game looks greyt. Also notice at 1:17 how his arm moves. I have doubt it's for the Wii. Remember when Ubisoft was saying that only PS360 were able to social environments with people and unique interaction. Well since Ubisoft said so and this game has what Ubisoft can only be done on PS360. Then clearly this is not a Wii game...... looks frowningly at Ubisoft.

Really Iike the look of this game. I don't like JRPG because most of the time JRPG are about walking down a path. Switch to a custom battle engine and kill it. Heal up with pots and spells afterwards and continue like their is no care in the world. I like games where dying is a possibility and i'm not just bashing enemies mindlessly. This game looks like it's starting to bridge getting action as part of the game rather that some insane abstraction.

I'm looking forward to this game. To bad it's not Multiplayer. I like sharing the story experience :|

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

I hope people stop complaining about how grey the game looks and focus on the actually game. It could be black and white for all i care as log as itr plays good.Yeah it could have a brighter color pallette but it seems to use the washed/lowered tone color well.It's like people not buying a game just because the character's hair is bald or a low caesar cut.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

I wish Zelda Wii looked like this!

also, it bugs me that they won't say a single thing about when this and XenoBlade are getting localized... I miss ToG too, am i gonna have to start taking Japanese lessons? :(

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Ninpanda said:

@GodOfWar_3ever

Haven't played it myself, but I hear Demon's Souls is pretty good, but it certainly isn't for noobs.

Demons Souls isn't a JRPG now, is it ?

And I like a good challenge....by JRPG noob, I meant I was relaively new to JRPGs and haven't played them much.

Go play Golden Sun. You will have a blast.

On topic:

Damn does this game look awesome. The humming part reminds me of the prayer song thing that Jecht likes in FFX.