By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story trailer FINALLY HERE!

LOL, pepole here are funny

"This game looks outstanding in every way! day one!"

"This game is going to be the best JRPG since Chrono Trigger, i'm sure of it!"

Are you guys serious?
What we can see from the trailer is this:
An interesting looking combat system.
A lot of grey, one of the main complaint of pepole towards games this gen.
Okay music, really, nothing outstanding.
The best looking realistic graphic engine on the Wii, which places it just around the worst looking realistic HD games.

We understand nothing about the story from this trailer, NOTHING.

I just don't get how can pepole get hyped for anything but the gameplay from this trailer, and since there are so many here excited about pretty much everything else, I just think that there's too much Sakaguchi bias/Low standards because of this gen.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network
RageBot said:

Are you guys serious?
The best looking realistic graphic engine on the Wii, which places it just around the worst looking realistic HD games.

I just don't get how can pepole get hyped for anything but the gameplay from this trailer, and since there are so many here excited about pretty much everything else, I just think that there's too much Sakaguchi bias/Low standards because of this gen.

I usually dislike realistic games in all consoles... but for wii is even worse because of this. The thing needs artistic style to compete... it just can't compete on a head-to-head battle for most realistic town.

the game looks fine; plus the monster design seems creative (especially that giant one) and yes, the trailer is mostly gameplay which is a good way to get people's attention because -GASP!- it's a game.

RageBot said:

Are you guys serious?

You've summed it up really well.

And like andremop showed a few posts earlier... It's just difficult to accept how it looks when the artwork was so beautiful and artistic and games this generation have received so much backlash for being too brown and grey. And now a Sakaguchi game goes and does the same? That's dumb, unexpected and disappointing, really.

Demotruk said:

I loved that trailer. The battle system looks really fun, and for the most part the characters don't seem too jRPG-typical. The towns look awesome, and from what I've seen they're massive. Hopefully they are also highly interactive, not just superficially realistic.

The graphics are very nice, if a bit drab. jRPG's are typically too colourful, so I can't say I mind much.

I don't see much of the "player still in control during cutscenes" thing, which is disappointing, but I was never even sure what he meant by that. Hopefully the game takes a narrative-light approach, as clearly it won't be narrative-free.

The humming did seem really corny, and yes I'm disappointed this is yet another game that I probably can't play with other people in the room. My Wii is in the living room, I bought it as a social console. Then there's the reality that Japanese corniness is a big turn-off for much of the market, so is Western corniness (Red Steel 2 cut scenes were so bad I had to stop playing it with others around). If it turns out like that, sales will be limited to the typical audience.

WTF who are those peoples that stop playin a game bcuz theres friends around might laugh at em.If I was you I wouldnt even say that in a forum like here.I had some friend sayin some bad shit about Mario Galaxy 2 and I shut em up quick, if somebody gotta problem with the game your playin just tell em to go gtfo.

I agree that alot of JRPG have alot of corny scenes about timid teens around girls and other stuff that make it looks like ur character is about 5 years old.But I just dont play those games bcuz they annoyed me not bcuz they might annoyed some of my friends.

You will never get far in live if you ashamed of what other people might think of you.

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:

I wish Zelda Wii looked like this!

also, it bugs me that they won't say a single thing about when this and XenoBlade are getting localized... I miss ToG too, am i gonna have to start taking Japanese lessons? :(

I believe if ToG wasn't as buggy and half baked as it was, it would have been released (or announced for release) in the Western markets. But since Namco screwed the pooch, neither they nor Nintendo of America (who are willing to help publish games to aide their release schedule) are willing to touch the game.

And now with Xenoblade and Last Story, it is very likely that we won't see Tales of Graces, unless it is ported to another system and has its bugs fixed. Nintendo will most likely publish at least one of the three (Last Story a heavy favorite), very possibly publish both Xenoblade and Last Story but there is slim to no chance that they back all three and that leaves the ball in Namco Bandai's court.

Which knowing their track record, it is best that you get to studying hiragana and katakana.

twistedcellz said:
Demotruk said:

I loved that trailer. The battle system looks really fun, and for the most part the characters don't seem too jRPG-typical. The towns look awesome, and from what I've seen they're massive. Hopefully they are also highly interactive, not just superficially realistic.

The graphics are very nice, if a bit drab. jRPG's are typically too colourful, so I can't say I mind much.

I don't see much of the "player still in control during cutscenes" thing, which is disappointing, but I was never even sure what he meant by that. Hopefully the game takes a narrative-light approach, as clearly it won't be narrative-free.

The humming did seem really corny, and yes I'm disappointed this is yet another game that I probably can't play with other people in the room. My Wii is in the living room, I bought it as a social console. Then there's the reality that Japanese corniness is a big turn-off for much of the market, so is Western corniness (Red Steel 2 cut scenes were so bad I had to stop playing it with others around). If it turns out like that, sales will be limited to the typical audience.

WTF who are those peoples that stop playin a game bcuz theres friends around might laugh at em.If I was you I wouldnt even say that in a forum like here.I had some friend sayin some bad shit about Mario Galaxy 2 and I shut em up quick, if somebody gotta problem with the game your playin just tell em to go gtfo.

I agree that alot of JRPG have alot of corny scenes about timid teens around girls and other stuff that make it looks like ur character is about 5 years old.But I just dont play those games bcuz they annoyed me not bcuz they might annoyed some of my friends.

You will never get far in live if you ashamed of what other people might think of you.

You are totally misinterpreting what I am saying. I never said I would not play the game. But it would be nice if these games could get beyond the quirkiness, corniness etc. Not only would they be more enjoyable, but they would hit a bigger audience.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

NoirSon said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I wish Zelda Wii looked like this!

also, it bugs me that they won't say a single thing about when this and XenoBlade are getting localized... I miss ToG too, am i gonna have to start taking Japanese lessons? :(

I believe if ToG wasn't as buggy and half baked as it was, it would have been released (or announced for release) in the Western markets. But since Namco screwed the pooch, neither they nor Nintendo of America (who are willing to help publish games to aide their release schedule) are willing to touch the game.

And now with Xenoblade and Last Story, it is very likely that we won't see Tales of Graces, unless it is ported to another system and has its bugs fixed. Nintendo will most likely publish at least one of the three (Last Story a heavy favorite), very possibly publish both Xenoblade and Last Story but there is slim to no chance that they back all three and that leaves the ball in Namco Bandai's court.

Which knowing their track record, it is best that you get to studying hiragana and katakana.

Tales of Graces already had the bugs fixed. There was a new version of it and everyone could return their old copy...

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

^^ yeah, i heard about that new version in Japan

i just wish they'd either confirm if it's being localized or that it's never coming over, it's not fun being on the hook like this :(

Well, there'll be a fan translation at some point for tales of grace.

Maybe after the "confirmation" at this e3 that it's not coming the works already started. Those guys, ironically, are getting professionals.