By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story trailer FINALLY HERE!

I'm loving it, when I saw the scans a while ago I assumed there was quite a lot of pre-rendering involved.

Seems I was wrong

Around the Network

if I remember right Sakaguchi couldn't even play FFXII for an hour, so I doubt he'd be putting anything into TLS that reminds him of FFXII.

I dont understand all the complaints about the art style. This was only one trailer, obviously it wont include all areas, and obviously there will be greater variety than a single town and battle zone.

Looks awesome, the battle system has really interested me.

Thank-you for that Soriku It was simply epic.Your most likely going to be the 1st person to own it on this site.

In a sense, it does look like Final Fantasy VI... since that game was dark for the time. All cities were green and brown and grey and black.

But I don't know why, I liked it back then (and I still love Final Fantasy VI) but I don't like it for games now. Guess chrono trigger changed everything about how an JRPG should be to me.

It's very strange and funny... I was thinking Xenoblade was going to suck because of its predecessor (Xenosaga) and that The Last story was going to be great because of Sakaguchi being free to do whatever he wants. Now it's the opposite!

Around the Network

The whole art style looks a lot like Resonance of Fate.

The game looks great to me.

Currently Playing: - Pokemon Sun - 3DS

3DS Friend Code: - 4339-3849-0940

Now that just looks fucking awesome.  It seems to be avoiding the cheese factor so prevalent in games like FFXIII and WKC, and the style and gameplay look great.  I love the enemy with the pikes in his back.

I knew Sakaguchi x Nintendo would lead to good things, but still had my reservations given the JRPGs I've played this gen.  This is looking really nice, though, and it's heading in a direction I've been wanting JRPGs to go.

My only complaint is that the color scheme is a bit grim.  I generally like my JRPGs a bit more bright and fanciful.

After watching the video a few more times I have to say not only do I think it puts Arc Rise Fantisa to shame, but also Xenoblade. This is going off scans and videos. I will get all three, but atm I think I am the most hyped for this one.

sc94597 said:

Was I the only one who was expecting an art style like this? Actually we already knew about it. You can tell in the scans that were shown that it was going to be dark. 

No, but I'm guessing people were looking at the sepia images and thinking that there would be more color in the final product.

Me, I don't really care so long as it plays great. I am worried more about how you'll be able to control the whole party in the game as well as the main character, since it looks like there will be real time action and timing involved in setting up group attacks. All of which would seem to require a little more flexibility then a game with the Wii control normally would allow in real time.

I'm guessing/hoping for classic controller support or it being built around it just to make Last Story the best game possible.