By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - InFAMOUS 2 'New Gameplay Trailer! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M.U.G.E.N said:

man this whole place is filled with depressed ppl or something :D so much negativity

and btw when I say emo I was referring to the personality not the looks and even then a 'typical' emo stereotypical look doesn't really mean = emo....emo is more or less part of ap ersonality, an attitude I would say

and btw I care less about the looks cuz other than in cut scenes it's a 3rd person game....doesn't really matter when you stare at his back it's still alpha stage and they are changing him still ...

Because we don't agree that makes us depressed.  Wow, nice way to be open-minded.  :D  Even if you were speaking of emo as a personality, nothing about Cole's personality rang emo.  I mean if his personality qualifies as emo, then I suppose Batman is emo.  Or Wolverine.

Around the Network

I wanna cry......

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

Super duper Uncharted 2 Hyping Train begins now!!

thismeintiel said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

man this whole place is filled with depressed ppl or something :D so much negativity

and btw when I say emo I was referring to the personality not the looks and even then a 'typical' emo stereotypical look doesn't really mean = emo....emo is more or less part of ap ersonality, an attitude I would say

and btw I care less about the looks cuz other than in cut scenes it's a 3rd person game....doesn't really matter when you stare at his back it's still alpha stage and they are changing him still ...

Because we don't agree that makes us depressed.  Wow, nice way to be open-minded.  :D  Even if you were speaking of emo as a personality, nothing about Cole's personality rang emo.  I mean if his personality qualifies as emo, then I suppose Batman is emo.  Or Wolverine.

Agreed. Nothing about Cole was Emo. I remember Cole complain [a REAL complaint] ONCE in the game. About after getting his powers, he still felt like an errand-boy, which was ONE HUNDRED percent true. He spent the bulk of the games following order when all he wanted to really do was get his girlfriend back and leave the City.  

*SPOILERS*

The guy's mood wasn't positive throughout the game but can you blame him? Following order, throwing your neck on the front lines while others sit back, taking crud/tar face first so others wouldn't have to, girl friend leaves him then when he gets her back she dies the next day, best friend betrays him, semi-boss [Moya] lies to him, can't shower, labeled as a terrorist for and all you did was your job [delivery boy], having some old guy grab you by the head then you suddenly have visions of what's practically the apocalypse coming then finding out later on that it's YOUR FAULT and there's a seemingly invincible beast coming that you'll have to take care of and the only person that tried to help you prepare for it [being your future self] you just killed, and at the end of the day you save the city but lose everything that matters to you or destroy the city but turn into a sick currupted being and ALSO lose everything that matters to you.

/Spoilers

Cole wasn't emo, his life just sucked.

4 ≈ One

Wow! HYPED! HYPED! inFamous 2 is one of my most anitcipated title in 2011.

I really like his melee attacks. It looks cool and awesome. His parkour looks awesome too. Damn! can't wait!!!

Around the Network

Everything looks spetacular. But can I have my old Cole back please?

I want to fuck the new one and then spend a day at the beach with him.

I'm really cracking up from all the game balance masters around here, really some forum folks can judge that the game is broken from 2 minutes of gameplay. Please more of your profi input on the subject of matter in which you are clearly much more experienced than a long time running development studio with a great track record. MORE PLEASE!

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Well this game looks like another hit

this makes me happy that I own a ps3 and not a ps3 you get my drift?

The powerslide off of walls, new fighting and the powers looks bad ass!!!

KylieDog said:

Things like the lightening storm ruin balance of a game.  Infamous 1 was a joke once you got the blast wave, let alone the lightening storm in that.

Imagine Drake in Uncharted had the ability to just kill whatever is in the 40m and seveal meters wide ahead of him.

They can solve that by lowering the ammount of electricity you can carry, or by increasing the cost of certain abilities.

Re-playing inFamous right now, but I don't spam the blast wave, but try to play it like Uncharted 2, but with a lot more chaos and jumping. To address blast wave spamming, you can make it so that it's effective against smaller enemies (makes them fly up), but only knocks over or stumbles the bigger enemies (mutants).

I think the game and combat is at its utmost best when you're fighting against huge waves of enemies though. Then you can't afford to spam anything, but be smart about it. But the awesome thing is, being smart doesn't mean no chaos =P You strategicly... blow shit up XD