By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - InFAMOUS 2 'New Gameplay Trailer! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though gameplay is serious bizniz.. inFamous 1 won me over with its story and fun factor. I can have those with whatever powers i get, and with whatever take-it-up-the-bum-character.

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
Boutros said:

1. Blast wave wasn't all that useful at all, except on roof of course.

2. One should not think the game looks bad because of the new Cole (those people are the same who disliked MGS2 simply because of Raiden - that's just being a wacko)

3. I never encountered any balance problem in the first game.

4. Also, new Cole's butt > old Cole's butt

No but I actually haven't watched the trailer. I don't want to get spoiled.

I actually loved Raiden but dislike the new Cole. It's not nearly the same:

You still played as Snake in MGS2 for a bit
Snake wasn't turned in to Raiden, Raiden was a completely different character and worked along snake for a big part of the game.
Raiden was a noob from the beginning, inFamous2, you start off with most of the powers you had at the end of the last game as confirmed by SP.

They didn't give us a new character, they didn't give Cole a subordinate, they changed the main character into something completely different from what he was in the first game. It's one thing to improve on a character you have, it's another to completely redesign him physically and mentally. It's a more drastic change than Hulk to The Incredible Hulk [the movies].

OT: After watching this trailer again, i'm really disappointed... Overblown cinemtics, cliche scifi enemies [the First Sons weren't very original but the Reapers and Dusk Men had a unique appeal to them for me], redone everyday skate punk hero... and it all just feels so scripted now... It's just getting to close to what Uncharted feels like. Also dislike how that melee weapon pretty much makes you God.

But it's not like Cole was a very deep character in the first place. I mean he had a rather forgettable personality and his voice was just too much. He's no Batman after all!

I'm pretty sure SP will end up putting a skin of the old Cole on the PS Store anyway.

woqaw

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ARG!! For some odd reason I can't watch it in HD. Still looks great in SD tho.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Dgc1808 said:
Boutros said:

1. Blast wave wasn't all that useful at all, except on roof of course.

2. One should not think the game looks bad because of the new Cole (those people are the same who disliked MGS2 simply because of Raiden - that's just being a wacko)

3. I never encountered any balance problem in the first game.

4. Also, new Cole's butt > old Cole's butt

No but I actually haven't watched the trailer. I don't want to get spoiled.

I actually loved Raiden but dislike the new Cole. It's not nearly the same:

You still played as Snake in MGS2 for a bit
Snake wasn't turned in to Raiden, Raiden was a completely different character and worked along snake for a big part of the game.
Raiden was a noob from the beginning, inFamous2, you start off with most of the powers you had at the end of the last game as confirmed by SP.

They didn't give us a new character, they didn't give Cole a subordinate, they changed the main character into something completely different from what he was in the first game. It's one thing to improve on a character you have, it's another to completely redesign him physically and mentally. It's a more drastic change than Hulk to The Incredible Hulk [the movies].

OT: After watching this trailer again, i'm really disappointed... Overblown cinemtics, cliche scifi enemies [the First Sons weren't very original but the Reapers and Dusk Men had a unique appeal to them for me], redone everyday skate punk hero... and it all just feels so scripted now... It's just getting to close to what Uncharted feels like. Also dislike how that melee weapon pretty much makes you God.

But it's not like Cole was a very deep character in the first place. I mean he had a rather forgettable personality and his voice was just too much. He's no Batman after all!

I'm pretty sure SP will end up putting a skin of the old Cole on the PS Store anyway.

That's arguable and not the point. Point is, inFamous had a main and changing it ruins continuity and it's rubbing alot of fans the wrong way. Rightfully so. I don't get the complaint about the man's voice at all.. it fit his appearance perfectly.

Having a skin in the store doesn't change shit... You're still playing as a different person. The Cow suit in God of War made Kratos look different but big woop. He was still Kratos. 

4 ≈ One

it looks so good because it still got another year of development to go. Looks promising.