By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - InFAMOUS 2 'New Gameplay Trailer! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spedfrom said:

Everything looks spetacular. But can I have my old Cole back please?

I want to fuck the new one and then spend a day at the beach with him.

lol.
think about this, no matter what cole did he was seen as a villian by many even when he did heroic thing's the gvt. wanted him. the problem is Cole is distinctive getting out of the city and doing it while avoiding other people. Hell for all we know that Cole putting a Hologram over his body to hide.

one of the thing's is cole may have control over more forces than Electricity..maybe even the Eltromagnetic spectrum.

judgeing the NEW cole based on just these's demo's that there may be a reason why the look of Cole changed.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
Akvod said:
KylieDog said:

Things like the lightening storm ruin balance of a game.  Infamous 1 was a joke once you got the blast wave, let alone the lightening storm in that.

Imagine Drake in Uncharted had the ability to just kill whatever is in the 40m and seveal meters wide ahead of him.

They can solve that by lowering the ammount of electricity you can carry, or by increasing the cost of certain abilities.

Re-playing inFamous right now, but I don't spam the blast wave, but try to play it like Uncharted 2, but with a lot more chaos and jumping. To address blast wave spamming, you can make it so that it's effective against smaller enemies (makes them fly up), but only knocks over or stumbles the bigger enemies (mutants).

I think the game and combat is at its utmost best when you're fighting against huge waves of enemies though. Then you can't afford to spam anything, but be smart about it. But the awesome thing is, being smart doesn't mean no chaos =P You strategicly... blow shit up XD

Exactly:

though that kind of goes with the theme, Cole's power's are a primal force of energy, think about what we know for sure just with one of his power's that he's pretty much a souped up tesla coil.

example:

The Tesla coil is one of Nikola Tesla's most famous inventions. It is essentially a high-frequency air-core transformer. It takes the output from a 120vAC to several kilovolt transformer & driver circuit and steps it up to an extremely high voltage. Voltages can get to be well above 1,000,000 volts and are discharged in the form of electrical arcs. Tesla himself got arcs up to 100,000,000 volts, but I don't think that has been duplicated by anybody else. Tesla coils are unique in the fact that they create extremely powerful electrical fields.

Cole i would bet stomp's even that ammount of electrical fields, the point is the damage he would cause would be extensive. and massive.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

KylieDog said:

...but using a lightening storm will kill pretty much everything where you aim it, you wouldn't need more electricity.  Besides you just zap it from the billion things around you to recharge.

You're presuming they will even attempt to balance it, they didn't in Infamous 1 so is highly unlikely they will in Infamous 2.

think about where they left off last game...!

the very fact that what extensive abilities in energy manipulation that Cole is able to do is yet to be seen. the problem with what power's we have seen now Cole's disadvantages's is he doesnt control his power's as well as he need's too alway's has been with his power's he's struggled to alway's control their effect's not only on himself but on other's and the enviroment.

example he cannt touch a gun, or drive a car!

you alway's had extreme choices to do with cole esp. in the first game.

remember that Cole came across thing's in the first game that could have indeed have profound changes to him.

hell for all we know one of the power's he could have gained is shape shifting, due to a certain contact with a pool of black goo...:P

we are just learning about Cole and his story.

it's only the second game. i am sure there are thing's we are missing. right now because that may spoil the fun.

I AM BOLO

ps:

1. Blast wave wasn't all that useful at all, except on roof of course.

2. One should not think the game looks bad because of the new Cole (those people are the same who disliked MGS2 simply because of Raiden - that's just being a wacko)

3. I never encountered any balance problem in the first game.

4. Also, new Cole's butt > old Cole's butt

No but I actually haven't watched the trailer. I don't want to get spoiled.

cant wait just hope it is as good as original

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

How was blast wave no useful, on rooftops it knocked enemies off, often to their deaths, ont he ground you could use to either outright kill them or knock them apart and laying on the ground, making them easy melee/imprison/drain/regular zap targets.  If any cars and such near you they would go flying and kill the enemies.

Yeah but not all enemies are close to you. Most of them are too far to use the blast and you'll get killed by the time you get close to them.

KylieDog said:

...but using a lightening storm will kill pretty much everything where you aim it, you wouldn't need more electricity.  Besides you just zap it from the billion things around you to recharge.

You're presuming they will even attempt to balance it, they didn't in Infamous 1 so is highly unlikely they will in Infamous 2.

So then they can easily solve that by increasing the charging time, and making it so that Cole doesn't shrug off the pain during chargining, but actually gets stunned.

KylieDog said:

How was blast wave no useful, on rooftops it knocked enemies off, often to their deaths, ont he ground you could use to either outright kill them or knock them apart and laying on the ground, making them easy melee/imprison/drain/regular zap targets.  If any cars and such near you they would go flying and kill the enemies.

Well I would only use it once, and then if I was evil I would do my Star Wars electrical attack, or if I was good I'll just throw some grenades on the ground and start spamming the enemies.

Yes, that works for a group of 5-10 that come at you closely together.

But it doesn't work when you're facing 25 enemies, that are spread apart on machine guns, roofs, etc. Combined with rockets and grenades flying at you, and the conduits shoving the minions out of the way, you're really not thinking about spamming your blast waves, but maybe calling in a lightning to take up half your electricity. Then allocate them to other things like grenades, rockets, etc. You then start maneuvering to better locations, etc.

Like I repeat over and over, inFamous' gameplay is suited for HUGE battles. But thank goodness it's a sandbox super hero game =P

It looks pretty awesome!

Boutros said:

1. Blast wave wasn't all that useful at all, except on roof of course.

2. One should not think the game looks bad because of the new Cole (those people are the same who disliked MGS2 simply because of Raiden - that's just being a wacko)

3. I never encountered any balance problem in the first game.

4. Also, new Cole's butt > old Cole's butt

No but I actually haven't watched the trailer. I don't want to get spoiled.

I actually loved Raiden but dislike the new Cole. It's not nearly the same:

You still played as Snake in MGS2 for a bit
Snake wasn't turned in to Raiden, Raiden was a completely different character and worked along snake for a big part of the game.
Raiden was a noob from the beginning, inFamous2, you start off with most of the powers you had at the end of the last game as confirmed by SP.

They didn't give us a new character, they didn't give Cole a subordinate, they changed the main character into something completely different from what he was in the first game. It's one thing to improve on a character you have, it's another to completely redesign him physically and mentally. It's a more drastic change than Hulk to The Incredible Hulk [the movies].

OT: After watching this trailer again, i'm really disappointed... Overblown cinemtics, cliche scifi enemies [the First Sons weren't very original but the Reapers and Dusk Men had a unique appeal to them for me], redone everyday skate punk hero... and it all just feels so scripted now... It's just getting to close to what Uncharted feels like. Also dislike how that melee weapon pretty much makes you God.

4 ≈ One