By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will NEVER overtake 360.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Squilliam said:

No, I think it can be sold for more than $5.7B Because the last $312M profit wasn't accounted for and this quarter will probably give them about $100M profit overall so that link will read very differently in less than 30 days.

MS in total have made a loss of $9.5billion and recovered only around $300m last year which brings it down to $9.2 billion loss

fisical year 2009-2010 has not taken into consideration

those neogaf figure are not correct.i have seen a  bigger list

so now we have $9.2billion substract profit from FY09-10

so $5.7b will not fetch them a profit on XBOX

also nobody would pay even $5.7BILLION to MS because of the following:

console business requires alot of  investment

the brand has to be relaunched every 5-6 years

also alot os XBOX hardcore fanbase is because of MS itself,so some fans will stop buying it

XBOX brand is not succesful even after spending so much as they are still fighting for 2nd place and nowhere near 1st

XBOX 720 would lose again if PS4,Wii2 drops at $299 OR something around that

No.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Squilliam said:

No, I think it can be sold for more than $5.7B Because the last $312M profit wasn't accounted for and this quarter will probably give them about $100M profit overall so that link will read very differently in less than 30 days.

MS in total have made a loss of $9.5billion and recovered only around $300m last year which brings it down to $9.2 billion loss

also alot os XBOX hardcore fanbase is because of MS itself,so some fans will stop buying it

XBOX brand is not succesful even after spending so much as they are still fighting for 2nd place and nowhere near 1st

No.

better answer than just 'NO'?

and what exactly that you disagree with?

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Squilliam said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Squilliam said:

No.

Everything.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Squilliam said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Squilliam said:

No.

Everything.

LOL

i meant can you correct my predictions to what you think how they will perform

June is going to have a huge gap in comparison.  July will more then likely be the last month for the huge difference...August is the next month I expect the sales to even be close again...and thats close with the 360 still selling more units.

Thats a lot of Green on Seece's post.  Not that it is exactly impossible, but it is exteremely unlikely PS3 will outsell 360 by the end of the generation...at least in the US.  when you look at ww numbers there is a much better chance PS3 may possibly end up taking that.

One may argue that both the move and Kinect are a little disapointing in their own respect...Move being complete Wii rip-off and Kinect will more then likely have lag issues.  But I do see Kinect end up selling more units then the move.  Simply, because the Kinect is a complete new was to play a full retail versions of a game with a unique experience.

And please don't bring up eye toy or XBL vision camera.  Neither of those were any good.  PS Move just seems more complicated for the average gamer.  you can need up to 3 different pieces of hardware to make a game work.  While Kinect all you need is the Kinect.

Just strictly my opinion.  I will own both the PS3 (this holiday) and I do already own the 360 (new sleek design) I am not trolling here, but just stating my opinion. Both systems are really good and both have there flaws, but right now it seems 360 is gaining momentum heading in to a huge holiday season.

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The problem is you're looking at the Xbox 360 Arcade. But the masses clearly want the Elite and its still $300. A price cut on the Elite will definitely boost sales. And a $99 Arcade wouldn't hurt sales either.

THE MASSES clearly want Elite..........................Lmao

the hardcores want elite not the people who bought 360 because it was cheaper.

the price cut of Elite will help but not for the masses and only hardcores who care about elite

the $99 Arcade won't hurt but it would do a big impact either and the way MS is going,tey won't cut Arcade's price to $99

Kinect will have a much bigger impact than the Move. The Move is far too similar to the Wiimote.

Kinect will also have a BIGGER price

and this is just your prediction.nobody has any idea how they both will sell.All the NATAL/KINECT hype died down after the dissapointing MS E3 conference

Well the Wii has very similar motion controls as the PS3. Perhaps some competition there?

you weren't talking about the Wii motion control and its price

and the Wii motion control has already made its impact.and you are fogetting that PS3 has Motion control in HD

You living in the past or something? MS has big things coming now.

????????????????????????

so you just discard everything that happened in the past?

and you were the one who said MS always counters SONY which its didn't do last year

the price cut of Elite will help but not for the masses and only hardcores who care about elite

the $99 Arcade won't hurt but it would do a big impact either and the way MS is going,tey won't cut Arcade's price to $99

Everyone wants the Elite. People might settle with the Arcade because of price, but the masses want the Elite. So when it hits $200 you can expect a huge sales boost. Especially if MS does the price cut before Sony.

Also, I think a $99 Arcade will be huge. I just noticed the Gamecube saw its best sales at $99. The Original Xbox saw its best sales when it went under $200. Almost 50% was sold at $149. I think the 360 will follow suit.

and this is just your prediction.nobody has any idea how they both will sell.All the NATAL/KINECT hype died down after the dissapointing MS E3 conference

Do the math. The Move starter kit is $99. The navigation controller is $30. Some games seem to require 2 Move controllers. That'll be another $50 for that experience. And if you want to play multiplayer, you'll need more Move controllers.

The Kinect on the other hand will most likely be under $150. My guess is more like $120. And you don't need any more accessories and multiplayer can be played on a single device. The Kinect seems like a bargain in comparison.

and the Wii motion control has already made its impact.and you are fogetting that PS3 has Motion control in HD

Well I'm just saying the Wii can still have a negative impact on PS3 sales. Especially considering their motion devices are very much the same.

????????????????????????

and you were the one who said MS always counters SONY which its didn't do last year

Well did they really need to counteract immediately? The Xbox 360 had huge sales last year. They are still millions ahead of the PS3. Most importantly the 360 was likely sold at a profit. We know Sony was taking a hit for each PS3 sold.

Now its 2010. The 360 Slim has been released with no price and its selling like hot cakes. The Kinect is coming and its getting a lot of attention (unlike the Move). Reach is coming and that'll generate ungodly amounts of money along with Xbox Live Gold subscriptions. I also expect a sales boost when the 360 Slim Arcade gets released.

Unless Sony gots another price cut up its sleeve or actually releases GT5, I don't know what else they can do to combat MS in the near future.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Squilliam said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Squilliam said:

No.

Everything.

I have to agree most of your argument does not any make sense, after all the 360 brand is stronger than ever. The gaming division makes a profit has done for some time. Relaunch would off in the olden days meant a new console but as I predicted this would not happen and now they relaunch the existing consoles whilst improving them.

This generation has broken so many of the rules I am always suprised when people even bring up the past as so little of the previous generations cycles have been repeated. After all the PS3 was supposed to overhaul the 360 3 years ago the Wii was supposed to be in second place.

The new old thinking is that the PS3 will overhaul and take 2nd or even 1st place because they will support the console beyond Microsoft. This of course is all based on Microsoft and Nintendo rolling over and in the case of the 360 just killing off as they did the original Xbox. Guess what that aint gonna happen because by the time this generation ends the 360 will probably be close to 90 million sold.

Here endeth the rant.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
thismeintiel said:
Mr Puggsly said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

ps3 doomed? again? :S man that sounds familiar

I still say its doomed. I mean just bearing in mind its a horrible financial failure.

Well, if you're going to go with that as the standard for what a doomed console is, then I guess the 360 is doomed, as well.  It still hasn't come close to making back the billions lost from the original X-Box or the billions lost from its own first years of being on the market.  So far, the X-Box brand has yet to be profitable.  Something that has led some of MS's investors to cry out for them to drop out of the console market and put more focus on maintaining its OS marketshare.  If Kinect proves not to be the success MS hoping for, you can expect to hear more investors crying out for the same thing.

At least on a positive for Sony, the Playstation brand, as a whole, has still remained profitable. 

I'm confused by all of this. I mean even after all the software sold (Halo series alone generated billions), Xbox Live subscriptions, etc. The 360 is still in the red?

Do we really have all the figures? Do we really know all the money made?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The problem is you're looking at the Xbox 360 Arcade. But the masses clearly want the Elite and its still $300. A price cut on the Elite will definitely boost sales. And a $99 Arcade wouldn't hurt sales either.

Kinect will have a much bigger impact than the Move. The Move is far too similar to the Wiimote.

Well the Wii has very similar motion controls as the PS3. Perhaps some competition there?

You living in the past or something? MS has big things coming now.

????????????????????????

Everyone wants the Elite. People might settle with the Arcade because of price, but the masses want the Elite. So when it hits $200 you can expect a huge sales boost. Especially if MS does the price cut before Sony.

no the masses don't care about elit,they care about the games whihc are playable on Arcade.

yes $200 will have a big boost but not as big as you think as people already have ARCADE's

Also, I think a $99 Arcade will be huge. I just noticed the Gamecube saw its best sales at $99. The Original Xbox saw its best sales when it went under $200. Almost 50% was sold at $149. I think the 360 will follow suit.

$99 arcade would be big but MS won't do it for now and if they do $149 first and then $99 then it won't have much boost.

Gamecube had its best sales at $99 but it wasn't selling at a higher price thats why.and even XBOX wasn't selling at the higher price and that the entire generation was low priced.

this generation has been high priced and even then people bought the console,it isn't that just because of the lower price people will buy 2-3 360'S

Do the math. The Move starter kit is $99. The navigation controller is $30. Some games seem to require 2 Move controllers. That'll be another $50 for that experience. And if you want to play multiplayer, you'll need more Move controllers.

you can use DS3 as NAV

I don't need to buy MOVE STARTER bundle as i already have an EYE.

Only one MOVE

and those some games requiring 2 MOVE controller will be rare so don't push it

And for the game,i am already buying LBP,SOCOM,SORCERY,KILLZONE so why should i buy it

Multiplayer is your problem as nobody in my home plays so i won't need more controllers.also like Wii people will buy more controllers

also KINECT can't take more than 2 people at a time

so thats just $40 for a MOVE controller as i will be buying in Europe where it is cheaper and it will be more discounted on sites like AMAZON

The Kinect on the other hand will most likely be under $150. My guess is more like $120. And you don't need any more accessories and multiplayer can be played on a single device. The Kinect seems like a bargain in comparison.

how is it a bargain??????????

also don't forget that MOVE will have alot more games and better ones for all genres

also MOVE price was  affected by MS disappointing conference.

MOVE is cheaper in EU,JAPAN and

MOVE can also get a price cut as it costs alot less that its price to make

Well I'm just saying the Wii can still have a negative impact on PS3 sales. Especially considering their motion devices are very much the same.

the impact will be no greater than current one MOVE can only benefit

Well did they really need to counteract immediately? The Xbox 360 had huge sales last year. They are still millions ahead of the PS3. Most importantly the 360 was likely sold at a profit. We know Sony was taking a hit for each PS3 sold.

they are still 5million ahead even after being cheaper

yes 360 had huge sales but not bigger than PS3

how is it important that 360 was making a profit when we are discussing sales,stop bullshiting

Now its 2010. The 360 Slim has been released with no price and its selling like hot cakes.

you are talking as if 360 has been selling like hotcakes whole of 2010 till now.............lol

its just been 2 weeks and we don't know if it will continue

and about 360 SLIM hotcakes,we don't know what is selling like hotcakes the discounted ARCADE and ELITES or the SLIM.

The Kinect is coming and its getting a lot of attention (unlike the Move).

almost all NATAL hype died down this E3 after KINECT name and MS horrible conference

Reach is coming and that'll generate ungodly amounts of money along with Xbox Live Gold subscriptions.

REACH releasing doesn't mean XBL money will be made

do you even know how a game makes money

I also expect a sales boost when the 360 Slim Arcade gets released.

we will see when that happens

Unless Sony gots another price cut up its sleeve or actually releases GT5, I don't know what else they can do to combat MS in the near future.

SONY will only do a price cut if SLIM,KINECT,360 price cut makes an impact

GT5 dropping November.you should follow gaming

welshbloke said:
Squilliam said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Squilliam said:

No.

Everything.

I have to agree most of your argument does not any make sense, after all the 360 brand is stronger than ever. The gaming division makes a profit has done for some time. Relaunch would off in the olden days meant a new console but as I predicted this would not happen and now they relaunch the existing consoles whilst improving them.

so you think a new console generation won't happen and they will just keep improving this one

also 360 brand being strong makes no meaning when a company is buying XBOX for $9BILLION

This generation has broken so many of the rules I am always suprised when people even bring up the past as so little of the previous generations cycles have been repeated. After all the PS3 was supposed to overhaul the 360 3 years ago the Wii was supposed to be in second place.

yes that would have happened with PS3 $249

The new old thinking is that the PS3 will overhaul and take 2nd or even 1st place because they will support the console beyond Microsoft. This of course is all based on Microsoft and Nintendo rolling over and in the case of the 360 just killing off as they did the original Xbox. Guess what that aint gonna happen because by the time this generation ends the 360 will probably be close to 90 million sold.

Here endeth the rant. 

this generation will end in the next three years and noway 360 will be 90m by them and MS wouldn't support 360 beyong that as they are already having trouble with competing the current generation SONY and NINTENDO machines.

MS will have a new console by 2012 max,i say they launch 720 next year again to get a head start as they will need it