By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up - 26th June 2010

I don't understand the huge increase in 360 sales anyways considering that it effectively raised the price of a 360. Previously you could get a 360 and 2 games for 299. 

As soon as the old stock sells out you will only be able to get a new 360 for 299 then you have to buy the games for it.

Sure the bigger HD and Wifi are nice but to take advantage of one of the new features you need to spend 49.99.

So now your 250 GB 360 with built in Wifi and a year of Xbox Live costs you 350 and you still don't have any games to play.

Whereas a 250 GB PS3 with built in Wifi and free PSN access costs 350 and you get LBP Game of the Year and a HDMI cord. Not to mention the built in blu ray player.

For me the game bundles were always 360's biggest selling point over the PS3 and with them being phased out where is the edge?

Right now the 249 elite with ODST and Forza is imo a much better deal than the Xbox S. But maybe I am just in the minority here.

Around the Network

I still say that the success of Kinect is going to play a more major role in sales than the 360 Slim will. If Kinect fails than the P.S.3 may move to 2nd in this gen by the end of 2011.

Jay520 said:

Damn  Demon's Souls probably won't reach 1 mil. Hopefully it has legs.

39k is not bad for one day's sales. It came out last Friday.

welshbloke said:
stiak said:
welshbloke said:

You do realise it is black and shiny?

It's also being advertised already.  3-4 weeks of pre-orders alone will make a big initial week.

Also I am pretty sure GT5 is not black and shiny... Round 1 to the new Xbox.

On a slightly more serious note the advertising is pretty relentless at least in the UK. I am not sure why they are pushing it so hard so many weeks before it is available but they are.

what happens if GT5 comes in a black shiny box??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

kowenicki said:

Juts noticed...

ALL 3 consoles are down YOY.

Thats actually quite shocking.  PS3 slim/pricecut has well and truly worm off, Wii is steadily declining and 360 is down depsite some price cuts this last week.

(although I understand what Welshbloke is saying about the offset of the pre-ordering of the 360S - which by all accounts is huge in the UK for instance)

PS3 slim is flat YOY much better than others and shortages are still there

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Juts noticed...

Thats actually quite shocking.  PS3 slim/pricecut has well and truly worm off, Wii is steadily declining and 360 is down depsite some price cuts this last week.

(although I understand what Welshbloke is saying about the offset of the pre-ordering of the 360S - which by all accounts is huge in the UK for instance)

where are you getting those numbers from.  and by that i mean where on VGC 3.0 did you find last years weekly numbers cause i haven't been able to find those numbers since the site changed. :/

Wii is taking a plunge (SMG2 seemed to do just about nothing), seems Nintendo were right to be a tad more reserved about their fiscal projection. PS3 flat, which could be bad news since this is its strongest region but, then again, this is a very slow time of year. 360 doing a lot better than it could be doing and the price cuts for old models and release of the Slim will invigorate the market somewhat when it launches here as well. Why is the DS down so insanely from last year by the way?

All in all, these are typical summer numbers we're seeing, save for the 360 having some good weeks due to Slim release, this is what we'll be looking at for quite some time now.

kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:

Juts noticed...

PS3 slim is flat YOY much better than others and shortages are still there

Shortages in the EU?!  Utter bollocks!

there have been shortages Worldwide very low in Eu but have happened

haxxiy said:

It seems X360 increased due to the pricecut on older models.

YoY comparisons getting worse and not even the PS3 seems to be able to escape them =

Wii down 21k

PS3 flat

DS down 101k

PSP down 41k

X360 down 9k

PS3 the only platform up YoY on software. Everything else is down.

yea i notessed. a sign of things to come maybe?

Mummelmann said:

Wii is taking a plunge (SMG2 seemed to do just about nothing), seems Nintendo were right to be a tad more reserved about their fiscal projection. PS3 flat, which could be bad news since this is its strongest region but, then again, this is a very slow time of year. 360 doing a lot better than it could be doing and the price cuts for old models and release of the Slim will invigorate the market somewhat when it launches here as well. Why is the DS down so insanely from last year by the way?

All in all, these are typical summer numbers we're seeing, save for the 360 having some good weeks due to Slim release, this is what we'll be looking at for quite some time now.

same thing i was thinking