By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up - 26th June 2010

Boutros said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

Demon's Souls did well.

80% of HD non AAA or big advertised games bomb hard. When these kind of games are released on Wii third party companies expect great sales, when they fail miserabily I only hear complaints regarding Wii's unability to sell core games.

Demon's Souls was heavily imported though.

I imported it too, both asian and american version ^^

My comment was for Singularity and other recent flops.

Around the Network
welshbloke said:

With a significantly new 360 model round the the corner and a price decrease on the older 360 models I think it unlikely that you would see a huge increase. Had this been either just a new model or just a price decrease then I think we could of expected a lot more. The expectation of a new model and the price decrease almost knock each other out.

This also cannot be compared to the PS3 Slim because the slim introduced a model with reduced functionality in a redesigned package and reduced price whilst also reducing the old stock in price. This produced demand from both sides simultanesously.

Except the old PS3's dropped in price a week or so before the Slim launch, as well.  Why wasn't its affect knocked out?

I really don't see the 360 Slim having that big of an effect when it launches in Others.  I'm guessing it may be above PS3, but not by a huge amount.  Not like in America.  Everyone knows America is 360's biggest region, while EU has pretty much switched over to PS3.  Then, you got the GT5 official release date.  I'm sure more people there are looking forward to that than a 360 Slim.

Damn, DS is a beast O.o

thismeintiel said:
welshbloke said:

With a significantly new 360 model round the the corner and a price decrease on the older 360 models I think it unlikely that you would see a huge increase. Had this been either just a new model or just a price decrease then I think we could of expected a lot more. The expectation of a new model and the price decrease almost knock each other out.

This also cannot be compared to the PS3 Slim because the slim introduced a model with reduced functionality in a redesigned package and reduced price whilst also reducing the old stock in price. This produced demand from both sides simultanesously.

Except the old PS3's dropped in price a week or so before the Slim launch, as well.  Why wasn't its affect knocked out?

I really don't see the 360 Slim having that big of an effect when it launches in Others.  I'm guessing it may be above PS3, but not by a huge amount.  Not like in America.  Everyone knows America is 360's biggest region, while EU has pretty much switched over to PS3.  Then, you got the GT5 official release date.  I'm sure more people there are looking forward to that than a 360 Slim.

You do realise it is black and shiny?

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Good numbers for DS without much promotion, just some priority shelf spacing has got it off to 40000 or so.

I've no idea what Activision are doing with Singularity, good reviews thus far but the game has been treated like Shellshock II or Rogue Warrior :/. I follow games and didn't have a clue it was released yet or anything lol. Should be able to pick it up for a tenner soon if it keeps like that though haha.

Around the Network

not bad sales for demon souls, ps3 keep on holding it's sales, impressive stuff

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Demon's Souls did as expected. Most gamers have already picked it up by importing.

welshbloke said:

It's also being advertised already.  3-4 weeks of pre-orders alone will make a big initial week.

Boutros said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

Demon's Souls did well.

80% of HD non AAA or big advertised games bomb hard. When these kind of games are released on Wii third party companies expect great sales, when they fail miserabily I only hear complaints regarding Wii's unability to sell core games.

Demon's Souls was heavily imported though.

It was heavily imported in the US too btw, the HK version had full english.

stiak said:
welshbloke said:

It's also being advertised already.  3-4 weeks of pre-orders alone will make a big initial week.

Also I am pretty sure GT5 is not black and shiny... Round 1 to the new Xbox.

On a slightly more serious note the advertising is pretty relentless at least in the UK. I am not sure why they are pushing it so hard so many weeks before it is available but they are.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.