By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up - 26th June 2010

when does the 360 slim come out in others?

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Around the Network
billy.amick said:

I don't understand the huge increase in 360 sales anyways considering that it effectively raised the price of a 360. Previously you could get a 360 and 2 games for 299. 

As soon as the old stock sells out you will only be able to get a new 360 for 299 then you have to buy the games for it.

Sure the bigger HD and Wifi are nice but to take advantage of one of the new features you need to spend 49.99.

So now your 250 GB 360 with built in Wifi and a year of Xbox Live costs you 350 and you still don't have any games to play.

Whereas a 250 GB PS3 with built in Wifi and free PSN access costs 350 and you get LBP Game of the Year and a HDMI cord. Not to mention the built in blu ray player.

For me the game bundles were always 360's biggest selling point over the PS3 and with them being phased out where is the edge?

Right now the 249 elite with ODST and Forza is imo a much better deal than the Xbox S. But maybe I am just in the minority here.

360 ARCADE with 2GAMES got a price cut to £120 so the increase,ELITE too got price cut

and these are EU sales not USA

kowenicki said:
kitler53 said:
kowenicki said:

Juts noticed...

ALL 3 consoles are down YOY.

Thats actually quite shocking.  PS3 slim/pricecut has well and truly worm off, Wii is steadily declining and 360 is down depsite some price cuts this last week.

(although I understand what Welshbloke is saying about the offset of the pre-ordering of the 360S - which by all accounts is huge in the UK for instance)

where are you getting those numbers from.  and by that i mean where on VGC 3.0 did you find last years weekly numbers cause i haven't been able to find those numbers since the site changed. :/

Im a VGC charting genius!!!

go to:  VGC... latest charts... weekly worldwide... then just change the week ending box.

nice, still not as user friendly as i'd like but at least i can find them now!  since your a VGC charting genius is the graphing feature get moved to somewhere i can't find?  that was always my favorite way to look at the data but either it's not there or i'm a noob yet again.

kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:

Juts noticed...

Thats actually quite shocking.  PS3 slim/pricecut has well and truly worm off, Wii is steadily declining and 360 is down depsite some price cuts this last week.

(although I understand what Welshbloke is saying about the offset of the pre-ordering of the 360S - which by all accounts is huge in the UK for instance)

PS3 slim is flat YOY much better than others and shortages are still there

Shortages in the EU?!  Utter bollocks!

there have been shortages Worldwide very low in Eu but have happened

You are changing yourt statement now.  We are talking about last weeks numbers.

There was no supply issues on PS3 in the EU last week.  (never was imo)

yes i'm also talking about last week too

SONY EU like SONY AMERICA has been having shortages since 2009 last 2weeks

they have been waiting for the 40nm RSX induction and sson their production is gonna be in full slow,they have just started producing them

you probably won't see the shortages but retailers are getting only few systems

kowenicki said:

Juts noticed...

The PS3 is actually slightly up / flat in every region but the UK, which is interesting. UK YoY looks like this:

X360: down 12%
PS3: down 21%
Wii: down 39%
DS: down 61%
PSP: down 77% (lol)
PS2: down 86% (good night)

Around the Network
c0rd said:
kowenicki said:

Juts noticed...

The PS3 is actually slightly up / flat in every region but the UK, which is interesting. UK YoY looks like this:

thanks for the breakdown

c0rd said:
kowenicki said:

Juts noticed...

I keep on saying, the UK loves the 360!

There are no 360 slims in the UK at the moment and stock of the price cut Elites is drying up fast.

You may actually be unable to get a 360 next week if they dont buck there ideas up and import some slims.

They would be selling slims by the bucket load now if they had there supplies sorted out.

When I was looking for demons souls it was sold out in 3 shops! how did it only sell 36,020 other copies when i saw it sold out in 3 places...

ok, so it was only 3 places but i thought it would kick ass.

This is not an exit.

kowenicki said:

You are changing yourt statement now.  We are talking about last weeks numbers.

There was no supply issues on PS3 in the EU last week.  (never was imo)

It's not the EU, but it is others, and it's only a teensy weensy market, but the 120GB seems to be out of stock everywhere in NZ.