By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up - 26th June 2010

thismeintiel said:
welshbloke said:

With a significantly new 360 model round the the corner and a price decrease on the older 360 models I think it unlikely that you would see a huge increase. Had this been either just a new model or just a price decrease then I think we could of expected a lot more. The expectation of a new model and the price decrease almost knock each other out.

This also cannot be compared to the PS3 Slim because the slim introduced a model with reduced functionality in a redesigned package and reduced price whilst also reducing the old stock in price. This produced demand from both sides simultanesously.

Except the old PS3's dropped in price a week or so before the Slim launch, as well.  Why wasn't its affect knocked out?

I really don't see the 360 Slim having that big of an effect when it launches in Others.  I'm guessing it may be above PS3, but not by a huge amount.  Not like in America.  Everyone knows America is 360's biggest region, while EU has pretty much switched over to PS3.  Then, you got the GT5 official release date.  I'm sure more people there are looking forward to that than a 360 Slim.

It ought to be more important to Europeans than Americans given the fact that cable TV/internet packages aren't as common so the chances are slimmer that any given European household can simply hardware the console into the internet conveniently and the rooms are smaller so the effect of the noise reduction will be greater. So proportionately it ought to have a greater effect even if its smaller in absolute terms given the relative strengths of the different regions for the Xbox 360.

Tease.

Around the Network
Nomad Blue said:
kowenicki said:

You are changing yourt statement now.  We are talking about last weeks numbers.

There was no supply issues on PS3 in the EU last week.  (never was imo)

It's not the EU, but it is others, and it's only a teensy weensy market, but the 120GB seems to be out of stock everywhere in NZ.

You need to come across the water to Aus, local JB's and EB's seem to have a huge surplus of PS3's and quite a few Xbox's for that matter. both my local JB and EB have sold out of the new 360 slims that were released here today though.

I can understand XB360 up thanks to old SKUs price cuts, but how about PSP? Had it cuts? Because I checked the charts, it hadn't any big release... Oh, I understand, teh undead portable turning in its grave!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Hehe, seems like Demon's Souls was adjusted down by VGChartz for about 400k. I don't want to bash the site, but seriously? Overtracked by half? Is that how accurate the numbers are, and considering it was selling in the easiest to track regions just till now? Ehm...

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

nanarchy said:

You need to come across the water to Aus, local JB's and EB's seem to have a huge surplus of PS3's and quite a few Xbox's for that matter. both my local JB and EB have sold out of the new 360 slims that were released here today though.

Is that the 120 or the 250? as there are 250's here now(though a few weeks ago several stores were out of 250's), but none of the cheaper 120's.

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:

Juts noticed...

ALL 3 consoles are down YOY.

Thats actually quite shocking.  PS3 slim/pricecut has well and truly worm off, Wii is steadily declining and 360 is down depsite some price cuts this last week.

(although I understand what Welshbloke is saying about the offset of the pre-ordering of the 360S - which by all accounts is huge in the UK for instance)

PS3 slim is flat YOY much better than others and shortages are still there

Shortages in the EU?!  Utter bollocks!

there have been shortages Worldwide very low in Eu but have happened

NO... there hasn't been shortages in over a month

Just back from a visit to my local GAME store. They had no new 360's at all! All Elites gone, all Arcades gone! There are no pre-owned ones either!

EDIT: Just checked their website too, 360's ALL SOLD OUT! 

http://www.game.co.uk/Consoles/Xbox-360/Xbox-360-Elite-Console/~r343541/

http://www.game.co.uk/Consoles/Xbox-360/Xbox-360-Arcade-Console/~r344887/

Guess it won't be long before the other shops are the same if not already.

I wonder now if that is it for the Elites and Arcades and they won't get anymore stock in?

If it is the same for all video game stores then i think these europe numbers are possibly wrong. With the release of the new 360 weeks away the next few weeks numbers in UK at least will be very low i imagine.

Hyruken said:

Just back from a visit to my local GAME store. They had no new 360's at all! All Elites gone, all Arcades gone! There are no pre-owned ones either!

I wonder now if that is it for the Elites and Arcades and they won't get anymore stock in?

If it is the same for all video game stores then i think these europe numbers are possibly wrong. With the release of the new 360 weeks away the next few weeks numbers in UK at least will be very low i imagine.

You have to consider MSFT stopped shipping these models the week before E3 or earlier....and its been 2 weeks since E3, these numbers are a week old so the stock youre seeing locally is a week behind these numbers.....doesnt mean they were sold out last week.

Id say a 15% increase makes sense if MSFT had adjusted shipping accordingly leading up to this announcment with stock being gone the week after.

If we see another 10% increase for next week, thatd be essentially 25% bump which would make sense to me.

I don't like Giggs that much, but thx to England.

Germany: 4

England: 1

Some things never change...

Wii still on top, too!

steverhcp02 said:
Hyruken said:

You have to consider MSFT stopped shipping these models the week before E3 or earlier....and its been 2 weeks since E3, these numbers are a week old so the stock youre seeing locally is a week behind these numbers.....doesnt mean they were sold out last week.

Id say a 15% increase makes sense if MSFT had adjusted shipping accordingly leading up to this announcment with stock being gone the week after.

If we see another 10% increase for next week, thatd be essentially 25% bump which would make sense to me.

Since Hyruken is from the UK, we may as well use the hardware numbers from that specific country, as they don't necessarily represent all of Others.

The X360 is up 28% this week there, which is pretty huge. I suppose it makes sense they're getting sold out now.