By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So the Eye of Judgment...

haha twesterm - the starter deck is a really good deck and it's pretty easy to dominate the easy comp with that one , so as an experienced player I can tell you - If you don't manage to win it's because you failed to understand the underlying strategical elements _each turn_ has

I can imagine you waste your mana too much on futile moves , because that's what I did ,when I was new to the game.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
konnichiwa said:
twesterm said:

Oh I know what everyone is thinking: twesterm is a biased Wii60 fanboy.

Yes!

Yeah, well, your mom is biased.  Sick burn.

You should make a thread about Ninja Gaiden that game is hard.

You complain that Heavenly Sword is too easy, but this is too hard... are you ever happy?

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Lafiel: ''I can imagine you waste your mana too much on futile moves , because that's what I did ,when I was new to the game.''

Same here, I'd use up most of my mana each turn trying to destroy enemy creatures. I always felt like I never had enough mana, although the computer usually had plenty saved up. I lost all the time when I first started playing. 

twesterm: ''It seems like the player who goes first has a pretty large advantage and once you get two squares ahead of the opponent, it seems like an easy win from there one.''

That's not true. I've built a biolith deck and I'll let the computer take over four squares before I even start taking out it's creatures. As soon as the summoning lock is broken (at which point I'll have a huge amount of mana) then I'll start putting my creatures into play. It's risky, but it actually works very well. I beat the computer no problems on normal difficulty, and I win a lot on harder difficulties as well.

Also, I've not noticed a large advantage to going first. It's not as bad as Magic The Gathering anyway, I can get a turn one lock-down in that game! 

Andir said:
You complain that Heavenly Sword is too easy, but this is too hard... are you ever happy?

I had a video proving HS was too easy.  This game is just frustrating because it's so difficult on the easiest level and makes it hard for new players to enter the game.  

And yes, I'm often happy with games but those games usually have a nice difficulty curve.  When I can beat a game by just blindly pressing two buttons or if the games destroys me on the easiest setting I'm going to get angry.

Agro said:

Also, I've not noticed a large advantage to going first. It's not as bad as Magic The Gathering anyway, I can get a turn one lock-down in that game!

I'd love to see you do that with anything legal.  Magic is actually pretty balanced in who goes first and the game is made so that a player that is losing can come back and win.  It just seems like if you're losing in Eye of Judgment you're going to stay losing (unless I have whatever your Biolith deck which I won't because I'm not going to spend any more money on this game until I actually win a game).

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Andir said:

I had a video proving HS was too easy. This game is just frustrating because it's so difficult on the easiest level and makes it hard for new players to enter the game.

And yes, I'm often happy with games but those games usually have a nice difficulty curve. When I can beat a game by just blindly pressing two buttons or if the games destroys me on the easiest setting I'm going to get angry.

Agro said:

I'd love to see you do that with anything legal. Magic is actually pretty balanced in who goes first and the game is made so that a player that is losing can come back and win. It just seems like if you're losing in Eye of Judgment you're going to stay losing (unless I have whatever your Biolith deck which I won't because I'm not going to spend any more money on this game until I actually win a game).

Yeah, one-turn wins usually get a card or two banned.

twesterm, I have heard that the game is too difficult playing the computer as well.  I think they are trying to force you to buy new card packs.   

I'm curious to see what Sony tries to push on the PS Eye next in terms of a game.

BTW, is it possible to do video chat during gameplay with it?

windbane: ''Yeah, one-turn wins usually get a card or two banned.''

It's been over a year since I last entered a magic tournament, but at the time these two cards weren't banned: 

I just need a bit of mana acceleration to get these out on turn one. Then I keep on bouncing my opponents land each turn, there's not much you can do with just one land. It's not actually a turn one kill, just a lock-down. Although I have actually been killed on turn one before, by a red burn deck. :(

@twesterm.
I suggest that you search for some tips on how to play Eye Of Judgment. I would try to help but I've not actually played much of the game myself (although I will start playing more now that I've completed Uncharted 100%). I hope once you understand the game that you'll start to enjoy it. I still prefer Magic, but it's good to be able to play a CCG while I'm still in my pyjamas. 

It does not matter how much you hate Eye of Judgement, because this website does not teralte the profane language, in the original post.

a.l.e.x59 said:
It does not matter how much you hate Eye of Judgement, for there is no tolerance for profound language found in the original post.

I think you mean profane... as if profound knowledge wasn't alowed this would be a sad sad place.