By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So the Eye of Judgment...

Yup. Yugioh Eye of Judgement would be awesome.

I won a regional tournament. Still have my Millenium Puzzle trophy.

Not a fan of the Eye of Judgement Card Game.

"It seems like the player who goes first has a pretty large advantage and once you get two squares ahead of the opponent, it seems like an easy win from there one."

Yup. Same here.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

Did you try a Trap Card?

I'm not sure I know what these trap cards are.

And yeah, I'm waiting until I play a real person until I reserve my judgment.  I would play someone online, but I don't have any way of really knowing their skill level and I would rather play one of my buddies at work first. 

routsounmanman said:

Maybe you're new to the game and suck at it?

Is this game released in Europe?

I've considered that and I'm pretty sure I do suck at the game and I probably don't even have best deck I could with the cards I have, but I should still be able to have a chance against the computer on the easiest setting.

When you have a game like this, you want it to be accessible to as many people as possible.  Most people are going to want to get their feet wet playing the computer first because they don't want to look like a complete loser online.  If that new player is only losing to the computer on the easiest setting, what is going to make them think they are going to win any games online against a person with any amount of skill?

You want new players to win at least sometimes on the easiest setting.  When they feel like the easiest setting is just too easy, then they should go up a setting until they start doing better at that setting.  The easiest setting shouldn't be so hard that the computer schools you every game and actually discourages players from keep playing.

The game doesn't look the greatest anyways.

eye of judgment does look like a very, very crappy game. but if you havent even won on the easy setting, then i personally think you are doing something wrong. i would have just got the eye and downloaded eye create and all the other ps eye shit.

Around the Network

play online, you have a better chance at winning.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

twesterm said:
routsounmanman said:

Maybe you're new to the game and suck at it?

Is this game released in Europe?

I've considered that and I'm pretty sure I do suck at the game and I probably don't even have best deck I could with the cards I have, but I should still be able to have a chance against the computer on the easiest setting.

When you have a game like this, you want it to be accessible to as many people as possible.  Most people are going to want to get their feet wet playing the computer first because they don't want to look like a complete loser online.  If that new player is only losing to the computer on the easiest setting, what is going to make them think they are going to win any games online against a person with any amount of skill?

You want new players to win at least sometimes on the easiest setting.  When they feel like the easiest setting is just too easy, then they should go up a setting until they start doing better at that setting.  The easiest setting shouldn't be so hard that the computer schools you every game and actually discourages players from keep playing.

True and that is sad if a person can't play the game on the easiest diffculty and right when the gamer jumps online. That person just gets raped constantly due to the game not being easy enough for the gamer to adapt to it offline. 

twesterm, this was Sony first try. Just give it time don't play it now but come back to it when you have the desire to play the game again. Cause right now you seem really pissed at the game.

BrainBoxLtd said:
dabaus513 said:
If they made a yugioh eye of judgement game that would be awesome. Sadly, i dont see that happening. I do like yugioh though...no wonder im still a virgin...I dont play yugioh but i still have my deck that had no one to play with because my brother isnt a loser and i have to much self respect to go in the public mall and play a card game.

Konami seems still very Sony supportative, they love whoring out Yu-gi-oh games, and this seems like a natural fit all round, so I don't think its out of the question. They'd have to probably make a new set of cards that have those icons the eye notices, but they've so many damn booster sets, that seems entirely possible as well. I've still got my deck(s) as well. =P

Or you couldjust type in the card number in the game boy games but thatd defeat the purpose of using the ps camera. Hope ur right tho about a yugioh game

Yep, the game was released in Europe, and recieved pretty average reviews.

I've also played this game and I just don't like it.
First because beyond all the "Eye Toy/manipulate actual cards" stuff, it's still a "card game" like Etherlords, Yu-Gi-Ho Tournament and such, that all comes with hundreds of cards, right from the start.

Second because the rules and overall concept become quickly repetitive. Basically, all games come to the situation where at each turn, you have to kill on opponent, or loose. The fact the mana income is always low, that the cost to pivot and activate a creature is high, just limit the number of stratégic decisions you can take in a turn. Even worst, you cannot set up trap (to my knowledge) and there is no interrupt, so each turn is pretty straightforward... Boring.

Twesterm, my advice if you find the AI is too hard : change its deck. Just by forcing it to use the same deck I used, I was able to beat the crap out of it.

ssj12 said:
play online, you have a better chance at winning.

Really?  That just seems so backwards to me.  I'm not doubting you (I'll try later tonight) but that just seems odd that the computer on the easiest setting is better than a lot of the people online.