By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So the Eye of Judgment...

...fuck this game.

Oh I know what everyone is thinking: twesterm is a biased Wii60 fanboy. Whatever. I have this game a good go and I'll probably give it at least one more try but so far I hate it.

I was actually pretty hyped about this game (especially since I satrted playing M:tG again) and I really wanted to like it but it's just pissing me off. I know there have been games I haven't liked or down right hated, but very few make me this angry (the last being Odin Sphere).

I played this game with the starter deck against the computer for quite a while last night (about 10 games) and didn't win a single one. I understand that I'm still new to the game, I don't know all the strategies, and I do make mistakes, but when I play against the computer on the easiest setting with the same or worse deck, I should win a game every now and then. I didn't win a single last night and the only time I got even remotely close was when I cheated by just drawing what I needed.

So I get up today and decided I would get some cards and try to improve my deck. I get the cards, read through them all, and make the deck as best as I can think to do it. Once again, I know I'm new but being awesome at M:tG (because I am :-p) I would think I have some basic deck building skills. I try to keep the casting cost low for the most part, balance attack power and defense, and keep the useful spells. For the most part I thought I built a better deck. So I play more games today (once again about 10) and I still don't win a single one.

I don't know if it's me just being absolutely pathetic at the game or what, but this is pissing me off. You would think I could win one out of dumb luck by playing the computer on the easiest setting but that isn't the case. I understand that a game is supposed to have challenge but you want to have a way for new players to get into the game. If the computer is beating people so easily on the beginner setting, that just sucks.

Once again, I understand I may just suck at the game but it still shouldn't be this bad. I watched the tutorials and I payed attention to the strategies but still having no luck.

Other than not winning a single game, I'm also not real sure I love the mechanics. The game was pretty cool while I was still having fun playing and not super pissed I was only losing, but it looks like it has some problems. I'm not real sure I like the fact you get only two mana per turn without a way to increase that (save for a few cards) and the game seems pretty one-sided. It seems like the player who goes first has a pretty large advantage and once you get two squares ahead of the opponent, it seems like an easy win from there one. I'll reserve judgment on that until I player a few more games (and actually win some) but so far that's how things are looking.

So yeah, fuck this game. I'm pretty pissed at it but I'll give it one more chance before I say I'm done with it. I think some people at work were thinking of getting the game so I'll play them and see what happens. If the game still sucks and seems pretty one-sided after that, then I'll truly be done with it. For now though, I hate this game and I'm going back to Uncharted (which I'm digging so far).

/angry 

Around the Network

Uhh, so you hate it because it's too hard?

I'm angry because it's hard (even on the easiest setting) and not liking it a lot because the first player seems to have a huge advantage (free space or mana boost) and once a player is ahead they seem to stay ahead.

-edit-

And just to clarify some more, I don't have a problem with hard games.  But if a game has a beginner setting, they should make it suitable for beginners.  I'd like to think I'm not completely incompetent and after a good 20 games you would think I would win at least one out of dumb luck. 

The game should have a way to get beginners into the game better.  Right now it's just hard and not fun at all.  If I did win the random game every once and a while I would at least have an incentive to keep playing.

Did you try a Trap Card?

LMAO is all i can say. no matter of fact try playing someone online with it if you think the comp is to hard.

Around the Network

jw, but in the reviews didnt they say the comp was merciless and stupidly hard?

hate eoj because the pvp game isnt fun, not because the single player isnt. post impressions of the online mode and then it might be worth listening.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

If they made a yugioh eye of judgement game that would be awesome. Sadly, i dont see that happening. I do like yugioh though...no wonder im still a virgin...I dont play yugioh but i still have my deck that had no one to play with because my brother isnt a loser and i have to much self respect to go in the public mall and play a card game.

I was looking at gameplay videos of this game on Youtube.com and this game isn't good at all. I would only buy the PS Eye that is it.

Sony needs to bring out some more games to take advantage of this item.

dabaus513 said:
If they made a yugioh eye of judgement game that would be awesome. Sadly, i dont see that happening. I do like yugioh though...no wonder im still a virgin...I dont play yugioh but i still have my deck that had no one to play with because my brother isnt a loser and i have to much self respect to go in the public mall and play a card game.

Konami seems still very Sony supportative, they love whoring out Yu-gi-oh games, and this seems like a natural fit all round, so I don't think its out of the question. They'd have to probably make a new set of cards that have those icons the eye notices, but they've so many damn booster sets, that seems entirely possible as well. I've still got my deck(s) as well. =P 

twesterm said:

...fuck this game.

Oh I know what everyone is thinking: twesterm is a biased Wii60 fanboy. Whatever. I have this game a good go and I'll probably give it at least one more try but so far I hate it.

I was actually pretty hyped about this game (especially since I satrted playing M:tG again) and I really wanted to like it but it's just pissing me off. I know there have been games I haven't liked or down right hated, but very few make me this angry (the last being Odin Sphere).

I played this game with the starter deck against the computer for quite a while last night (about 10 games) and didn't win a single one. I understand that I'm still new to the game, I don't know all the strategies, and I do make mistakes, but when I play against the computer on the easiest setting with the same or worse deck, I should win a game every now and then. I didn't win a single last night and the only time I got even remotely close was when I cheated by just drawing what I needed.

So I get up today and decided I would get some cards and try to improve my deck. I get the cards, read through them all, and make the deck as best as I can think to do it. Once again, I know I'm new but being awesome at M:tG (because I am :-p) I would think I have some basic deck building skills. I try to keep the casting cost low for the most part, balance attack power and defense, and keep the useful spells. For the most part I thought I built a better deck. So I play more games today (once again about 10) and I still don't win a single one.

I don't know if it's me just being absolutely pathetic at the game or what, but this is pissing me off. You would think I could win one out of dumb luck by playing the computer on the easiest setting but that isn't the case. I understand that a game is supposed to have challenge but you want to have a way for new players to get into the game. If the computer is beating people so easily on the beginner setting, that just sucks.

Once again, I understand I may just suck at the game but it still shouldn't be this bad. I watched the tutorials and I payed attention to the strategies but still having no luck.

Other than not winning a single game, I'm also not real sure I love the mechanics. The game was pretty cool while I was still having fun playing and not super pissed I was only losing, but it looks like it has some problems. I'm not real sure I like the fact you get only two mana per turn without a way to increase that (save for a few cards) and the game seems pretty one-sided. It seems like the player who goes first has a pretty large advantage and once you get two squares ahead of the opponent, it seems like an easy win from there one. I'll reserve judgment on that until I player a few more games (and actually win some) but so far that's how things are looking.

So yeah, fuck this game. I'm pretty pissed at it but I'll give it one more chance before I say I'm done with it. I think some people at work were thinking of getting the game so I'll play them and see what happens. If the game still sucks and seems pretty one-sided after that, then I'll truly be done with it. For now though, I hate this game and I'm going back to Uncharted (which I'm digging so far).

/angry

Maybe you're new to the game and suck at it?

Is this game released in Europe?